✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

LP8 Thread - Everyday Life

stephen

[GUESS] When will the next LP be released?  

244 members have voted

1. 1. [GUESS] When will the next LP be released?

• Earlier...
    • 1st half of 2020
    • 2nd half of 2020
    • 1st half of 2021
    • 2nd half of 2021
    • Later...

This poll is closed to new votes

By the way, I was really flabbergasted to see people losing hope already for next album. We haven't even heard a song from it and people are being so negative (about some of the producers) which I find not cool. They are just from a different world in music and if Coldplay uses their help to produce a song, it's simply what they want! You can't tell Coldplay what to do and what not to do, right!?

You're absolutely right, Coldplay can do whatever they want to do. At the same time, I'm allowed to feel disappointed if they happen to do something I don't enjoy.

• Like 5

Will speak about myself here, actually, because fully in charge of what I said here because so far see some misinterpretations that went even outside forums. For me it was pretty much with hopes being turned down about one (1) song the classical style snippet of which was teased yesterday. Why? Because having particular producers involved in maybe this one particular song reposted shows some certain promises on which twist can the song get based off the sound the producers work on most part of their career and honestly I'm not a fan of any of them. In my opinion, production matters in terms of the bands that create music together meaning that each of their input is valued and very much willing to be heard. I mean, for example, I don't quite feel happy about Jonny's work being hidden under very strange muffed production which is mostly meant for the musicians who have just some session musicians instead. Also adding to this, not everyone has super premium in-ear earphones to hear all the band members' work clearly as it's meant to be. On the top of that I know the song "Apologise" by OneRepublic (and some people over here remembered about it) in 2 versions and that's a big difference between these two versions, so big so that it sounds like a completely different song.

I think that all the fans have a right to have an opinion and not like something. There are many things which I adore and love and like but it can't be all over honey even about my most precious favourite band which means a world to me because it's, think, natural, to not like somehing as well. You can call it overreacting but it's unfair to label that only oldplayers want band to sound like 16 years ago or like newplayers want them to sound more eletronics when someone expresses not liking something. It's healthy to not like something in the promise, it's healthy to have an opinion changed. I'm not personally attached to any group like oldplayers or newplayers, but I have some preferences in music and production.

So, please, guys, just don't go on war with each other just because someone doesn't likesome hints/promises about collaborations. We'll waitand see, there'll be the whole new album or even two, if rumours are true, to enjoy and find something new. The nice thing is: no one stayed aside from the news about Coldplay which is a perfect sign of fans being dedicated to them, that's all. Let everyone be upset or totally hyped about any hints, just, please, not snapping at each other for something. No one's telling them what to do, everyone just happens to have opinions or preferences, that's all.

• Like 11

On the producer thing. I am down the middle.

I like Los Unidades for what it is. I actually find E-Lo to be really groovy and fun, Timbuktu has great bass, Voodoo is undeniably catchy and I love Danny Oceans verse. But I don't necessarily want those sounds on a Coldplay album.

So I am not angry or upset, just worried. I'd be really excited if the album was experimental and acoustic, but if pop producers worked on it, then maybe the strings tease happens right before a beat drop....

Only time will tell. Maybe they are just showing support and have no idea what it sounds like. Just don't want a repeat of Stargate.

• Like 10

Concerning the videos that have been turned to black and white on YouTube, I have a few theories. Both of which may be wrong, but just some thoughts I had as I was waking up this morning.

Theory 1: Maybe they are going to do a mash-up with these particular songs, for one of the songs on LP8? Like with Color Spectrum on AHFOD. Only, take the songs and mash them together in the "style" of whatever sound they have created for the new LP.

Theory 2 (and I personally would find this more likely than my first theory): They are going to have more and more songs go black and white each week leading up to LP8's release--a few from each of the old albums, so as to make the new album "eclipse" the past songs slowly, truly showing that they are starting a new era.

I could be totally wrong with either of my theories, but just thought I'd share :-)

Either way, I love the 16 sec clip, the music is simply beautiful. As a fan since back in the Parachutes days, I do have my favorite moments and not-as-favorite moments of Coldplay, but I do appreciate how they are constantly evolving and am sooooooooo living for this new album!!!

On a side note, I want to thank everyone on here for all their sleuth work, interesting personal theories, posting what they see on Twitter, Insta, etc. I have started working a lot more hours during the day, and in the evening my volunteer work and being Mom Taxi to my three kids (they are all in lots of activities) keeps me super busy so I apologize that I don't post much, but I love and appreciate everything that ALL of you do on here to keep everyone up-to-date on all the new news that rolls in!!! :heart: my fellow Coldplayers!!

• Like 15

Concerning the videos that have been turned to black and white on YouTube, I have a few theories. Both of which may be wrong, but just some thoughts I had as I was waking up this morning.

Theory 1: Maybe they are going to do a mash-up with these particular songs, for one of the songs on LP8? Like with Color Spectrum on AHFOD. Only, take the songs and mash them together in the "style" of whatever sound they have created for the new LP.

Theory 2 (and I personally would find this more likely than my first theory): They are going to have more and more songs go black and white each week leading up to LP8's release--a few from each of the old albums, so as to make the new album "eclipse" the past songs slowly, truly showing that they are starting a new era.

I could be totally wrong with either of my theories, but just thought I'd share :)

Either way, I love the 16 sec clip, the music is simply beautiful. As a fan since back in the Parachutes days, I do have my favorite moments and not-as-favorite moments of Coldplay, but I do appreciate how they are constantly evolving and am sooooooooo living for this new album!!!

On a side note, I want to thank everyone on here for all their sleuth work, interesting personal theories, posting what they see on Twitter, Insta, etc. I have started working a lot more hours during the day, and in the evening my volunteer work and being Mom Taxi to my three kids (they are all in lots of activities) keeps me super busy so I apologize that I don't post much, but I love and appreciate everything that ALL of you do on here to keep everyone up-to-date on all the new news that rolls in!!! :heart: my fellow Coldplayers!!

I think your second theory is the most plausible explanation I've ever heard about these B+W tracks !

Apparently, the black and white turned songs were all released on a day corresponding with a lunar phase.

Oh my gosh!!!! This just might be it then! Thanks for looking that up, very very interesting. Here we are, putting all the puzzle pieces together (maybe, haha ;-))

So, if this is correct, which ones would be next? Anyone care to research the moon phase on the release dates on all the other songs? :D

• Like 5

Interesting theory.. I’m still confused as to how an eclipse or lunar related events relate to old times, jazz or classical (which is what I mostly gather from their twitter snippet)... how did they, if they did, merge experimental with those other styles is something to really wonder about...

• Like 2

Am I the only one that thinks this might not be a new album but something else

I don’t know but the vibe I’m getting from that Twitter snippet is an ambient electronica/classical album that’s an uplifting, awe inspiring symphony.

A mix of feeling between AROBTTH/VIVA and a bit of the ambience that was so good on MX.

A man can dream.

• Like 2

Apparently, the black and white turned songs were all released on a day corresponding with a lunar phase.

Ouuuuh that's interesting! Coldplay's obsession with details and cohesiveness is impressive.

Rumours about the producers have me fired up! Timbaland only knows how to make absolute bangers, and E-Lo was arguably the strongest track on that Los Unidades EP....This is going to be amazing!!! Them working some more with Coldplay, either on an album track or the full album, should be very interesting. It's also important to note that producers and musicians from every genre desperately want to work with Coldplay to experiment for themselves too. Like, it's not just about Coldplay branching out, it's also about those producers doing something different from what they're used to making...That's the appeal for both parts there.

Coldplay's pretty strong identity and at the same time their ability to reinvent themselves each time with each album, is the secret to their longevity.

Can't wait for them to be on top of the world once more hehehehehehe

Anyway I was however disappointed by the lack of content today :mad:

I'm confident we will get something -maybe an announcement or a complementary teasing on Monday tomorrow. Hopefully single on Friday?

• Like 5

Ah, I thought you meant she's a fine artist as in she's 'okay.' I think someone in the art world calling it that would be a great sign.

Ah okay, no I meant she is someone who makes fine art. It's also on her IG page that she is a 'fine artist',I had to search the meaning of it as well.

But has anyone mentioned this on the forums before? I don't know if Coldplay fans already knew this.

• Like 1