✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

LP8 Thread - Everyday Life

stephen

[GUESS] When will the next LP be released?  

244 members have voted

1. 1. [GUESS] When will the next LP be released?

• Earlier...
    • 1st half of 2020
    • 2nd half of 2020
    • 1st half of 2021
    • 2nd half of 2021
    • Later...

This poll is closed to new votes

Don't know if anyone has said this or not, but after hearing the 15 second teaser and hearing those strings, someone on the Facebook post said that maybe the album could be an album of reworkings of different Coldplay tracks from their past albums. Maybe the reworked songs will be the youtube videos that the thumbnails were changed to black and white and have the symbol on them? Maybe orchestra reworkings of old songs.

Was said before back when we first noticed Youtube videos going B&W. I dont personally buy that theory though. They would not have the longest hiatus in their history to just redo old songs.

• Like 6

I went to bed soon after listening to the snippet and ended up dreaming about it. I dreamt that it was part of a very dreamlike (no pun intended) track, a mixture of Jon Hopkins-style ambient music and Davide Ross's violin with Chris singing something about "the break of day," kind of like Up With the Birds. It was really interesting. If you know the song Love Is All We Have Left from the last U2 album, it was much like that except with prominent strings.

I love these Coldplay dreams. It has been too long since I last had one.

Loving the snippet! What a lovely way to wake up on a Saturday morning. I am still confused as to how the Arabic and sun/moon dynamic fits in :joy:

Maybe this era is going to play out like an old black-and-white movie? Something like "A Trip to the Moon"?

"A Trip to the Moon" wouldn't be a bad album title...

That's why I'm a bit reluctant to follow all teasers, rumours, ...

I don't want to have too many expectations that it is going into a specific direction.

But I'm pretty confident that they can't turn this beautiful piece into a pop song.

Yeah... I remember the teaser from AOAL making it sound like a psychedelic version of Violet Hill. How wrong we were, expecting it to not be much of a pop song. :joy:

Im going for it being an intro, think Paradise

I kind of wonder if it'll be an interlude a la MMIX or Colour Spectrum. Or perhaps something like the intro to Violet Hill.

The whole thing will be a transition from 1919 music to 2019 music I guess.

That'd be an interesting theme... a trip from past to present. And a subsequent record could continue the journey from present to future.

• Like 3
  • Wow 1

Don't know if anyone has said this or not, but after hearing the 15 second teaser and hearing those strings, someone on the Facebook post said that maybe the album could be an album of reworkings of different Coldplay tracks from their past albums. Maybe the reworked songs will be the youtube videos that the thumbnails were changed to black and white and have the symbol on them? Maybe orchestra reworkings of old songs.

That would be cool but I think I'll like brand new songs more. Would they really spend so much time on remaking songs they already made before? And Chris said he doesn't like The Hardest Part at all so why would he make that one again if he dislikes it?

• Like 1

Yea, I personally don't think they would do that either. In fact, I would be kind of disappointed if they did. Besides, they are always talking about trying something new and not repeating themselves. Plus, I would like to think that they wouldn't hype this up only to drop new versions of old songs.

So something like the new Snow Patrol record which is made up mostly of reworked older material? I'd like to hear that at some point, but perhaps not yet... though I wouldn't be too upset if we got that before an album of entirely new music.

I dont think it was Chris who disliked it. It was Guy and Jonny IIRC, think it sounded too much like another song. IIRC, it was Losing My Religion by REM?

It was indeed Jonny and Guy, which explains why most live performances have consisted of primarily Chris with Will singing backing vocals. o_O

• Like 1

It was indeed Jonny and Guy, which explains why most live performances have consisted of primarily Chris with Will singing backing vocals. o_O

There where I got that info from. I dont have the link for proof, but I districtly remember Chris doing an into to The Hardest Part and talking about how half the band doesnt like it and you can probably tell based on who is on here performing it right now! I believe it was during the Viva era when Chris would do the song acoustically with Will.

• Like 3

The guy on the left of the poster is Sir Frank Watson Dyson, an Astronomer royal who organised an expedition to see the solar eclipse to Brazil in 1919

Top idea so far - not sure if it's actually him or not but that guy at the piano is definitely not Einstein.

Wondering what to make of this all...but the solar eclipse of 1919 is mightily important in terms of this album.

• Like 5

Top idea so far - not sure if it's actually him or not but that guy at the piano is definitely not Einstein.

Wondering what to make of this all...but the solar eclipse of 1919 is mightily important in terms of this album.

If it is Sir Frank Watson Dyson, the 1919 eclipse he led an expedition to observe wasn't the one on November 22nd; this was on May 29th. However, both eclipses were visible in mostly the same parts of the world.

Ok, guys, loook at who reposted that teaser with beatclub... So, yeah, all true experiments hopes now went to the basement, probably, it's just a nice intro before some r'n'b beat dropping, so, yeah...

Precisely. I'm now feeling it'll be as experimental as Ghost Stories, if so.

Hype dropped

I believe that was Guy.

No, it was Jonny who studied astronomy and mathematics. Guy studied engineering and later architecture.

Btw, I was thinking about the 'Wedding Bell Dance Orchestra'. This could mean they will release an album with dance music in the 1919/1920 style.

It might also be an album inspired by jazz, because The Original Dixieland Jazzband visited England in 1919.

Did anyone already mention this photo?

https://www.reddit.com/r/Coldplay/comments/djbxxp/look_what_is_on_the_right_arm_of_the/

• Like 2

Ok, guys, loook at who reposted that teaser with beatclub... So, yeah, all true experiments hopes now went to the basement, probably, it's just a nice intro before some r'n'b beat dropping, so, yeah...

Maybe we'll get another song like True Love...

They could still do something fairly experimental. Ghost Stories has ASFOS, but it also has Oceans and Midnight.

• Like 2