✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

LP8 Thread - Everyday Life

stephen

[GUESS] When will the next LP be released?  

244 members have voted

1. 1. [GUESS] When will the next LP be released?

• Earlier...
    • 1st half of 2020
    • 2nd half of 2020
    • 1st half of 2021
    • 2nd half of 2021
    • Later...

This poll is closed to new votes

Why you guys suddenly upset? No songs have even come out yet and you’re already sounding like you won’t like LP8. I don’t care about producers. I care about the music and sound. So these producers don’t bother me one bit. And I don’t understand production of music.

I agree, Coldplay always come back with things I like. I remember back when Viva came out and people complaining about the sound change saying it "didn't sound like Coldplay" but people on here years later are now hoping for Viva part 2. I'm always excited to hear what they do next, whether their working with Rik Simpson, Brian Eno, Stargate or Timbaland they're such a talented band and I'm glad they continue to evolve other wise we'd of spent the last 17 years listening to them remaking AROBTTH.

• Like 6

Also Timbaland's done a lot of great work on the albums he's worked on. 'Until The End Of Time' & 'Suit & Tie' by Justin Timberlake are still masterpieces to me. Not to mention the whole 'Loose' album by Nelly Furtado which Chris wrote 'All Good Thing (Come To An End)' for :sun:

• Like 2

Even *if* Timbaland and co are producers, I highly doubt they’ll be producing every song. Think about songs like Lost! which have that RnB sound - it fits perfectly into what most regard as a perfect album. I’m thinking this album is going to be a real mix of styles which I love the idea of - I mean VLV even had shoegaze!

Given the 1919 promos and the musical piece in the teaser, I really don’t see this being as full blown pop as AHFOD

Unless Stargate get involved anyway!

I agree!!!!!! Lets hope for the best! Btw., shoegaze Coldplay is one of the rare beauties of life!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Like 2

Hopefully they're just sharing it as former collaborators with the band. Please, LP8, don't sound like E-Lo. Please.

Your username reminds me of a lyric line from another band that somehow mirrors the hopes/loss of hope some of us have right now: "I thought i found a connector...it was just a reflector..." :)

• Like 1
  • Wow 1

Sorry, I just have a question that is out of the topic, but... can all of you upload images? I can't... I don't know if it's something with Coldplaying or if it's me...not complaining, just wondering...hehe thanks!

I heard some users have that issue today. I havent been able to upload a new avatar either.

• Like 2

I hope we get more this weekend... hopefully whatever that is in the website code. Chris and Guy acoustic? We never really see just them playing anything, it's usually Chris and Jonny when the full band isn't involved.

They seem to have changed that on the new album. Jonny and Will have composed 'Conscious Pilot' and will eventually perform this with Chris and Guy in the background whilst Chris and Guy will perform acoustically together. I read somewhere that Guy will have a more important part in the next album.

Btw, just recently Guy mentioned Chris on his instagram account when speaking about Ginger Baker ('Chris and

I both spent much of our time in our first bands playing ‘Sunshine of Your Love’). He has never before mentioned Coldplay or any of his bandmates on the account. Probably not a coincidence.

• Like 7

I absolutely think that the upcoming album/s has something to do with the Solar Eclipse. The fact that there's an astronomer in the poster that aligns with the 1919 eclipse and the artwork on their website, it's starting to make a little more sense that it would go that way...

The 22 November, 1919 thing could be the basis of the concept. It could also mean the album is going to drop on the 22nd, at 7:19pm?

There's a solar eclipse happening next year on the 14th December in Patagonia. If there is a second album coming, perhaps that album will drop right as the solar eclipse occurs.

• Like 8

That sentence was unfortunately part of the fake rumors that K. spread, but it does seem like they tried out different composition structures/pairings for this album.

I'm wondering if we'll get to hear Will sing on this album, if he and Jonny have a song together. I love his voice. He's a great singer, for sure.

• Like 9

I'm wondering if we'll get to hear Will sing on this album, if he and Jonny have a song together. I love his voice. He's a great singer, for sure.

That would be freaking great!!!!! I have so many thoughts going around this new release, as I know all of you are too... Coldplay is in the air and I feel alive!

• Like 1

Am I the only one that thinks Will makes for a great backing vocalist but not so much as a lead? It could be a different story on record (vs live) though. I'm hoping for more weird voice productions, low register songs.

• Like 1

Am I the only one that thinks Will makes for a great backing vocalist but not so much as a lead?

I agree, but everyone else seems to love him on lead based off live shows. I get we're all probably trying to be nice, but I definitely prefer Chris on lead 99% of the time but Will is good on backup. Ive done lead and backup for my own band, and they're both important, but I'd say Will is better at backup. To each their own I guess.

• Like 5