✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

LP8 Thread - Everyday Life

stephen

[GUESS] When will the next LP be released?  

244 members have voted

1. 1. [GUESS] When will the next LP be released?

• Earlier...
    • 1st half of 2020
    • 2nd half of 2020
    • 1st half of 2021
    • 2nd half of 2021
    • Later...

This poll is closed to new votes

• Administrators

One more theory:

The new single + album information are scheduled to be released the day after the depicted moon phase!

This means approximately on Wednesday.

This seems possible. According to Ken19 we should’ve gotten information Friday but it was delayed. Wednesday seems very likely. Tomorrow is also possible!

• Like 7

https://www.nme.com/blogs/nme-blogs/welcome-back-coldplay-even-hipsters-secretly-think-youre-brilliant-2559047#Fs7cf5JlqboWRS1d.99

“Perhaps that’s why this upcoming new album is reportedly more “experimental”. What that means in Coldplay’s world, though, is likely not 10-minute ambient soundscapes and jarring techno-noise but more pop classics with subtle undertones of something new.”

My thoughts exactly. Haha

• Like 5

https://www.nme.com/blogs/nme-blogs/welcome-back-coldplay-even-hipsters-secretly-think-youre-brilliant-2559047#Fs7cf5JlqboWRS1d.99

“Perhaps that’s why this upcoming new album is reportedly more “experimental”. What that means in Coldplay’s world, though, is likely not 10-minute ambient soundscapes and jarring techno-noise but more pop classics with subtle undertones of something new.”

I get the point of the article, since their last few albums had that kind of appeal..but at the same time I kinda think this is a little ridiculous... I mean she can't really guess what they are aiming to in this new era. There isnt even a single yet, and..well they did have moments in their careear that sound quite experimental: Spies (early version), spell rebel well, even some solos on pré-parachutes era, like in such a rush. On viva we had chinese sleep chant, the bridge/structure of 42, the escapist. I know its not like Kid a's experimental but..it is a lot more than the last few records, even though midnight kind has a little of that touch...So Idk...maybe the band can go back doing those kinda of stuffs, A.L.I.E.N.S did gave a hint in that direction, those reverse guitars...idk hahaha. So I guess that some people forgot about these moments on their careear, it makes me a little sad. Anyway...dont know what to expect for now...but.. I mean...enough of the mainstream pop feel, it has been too long.

And sorry about my english guys

• Like 6

I can't imagine us getting a whole album as daring as Viva ever again, apart from a song here and there like Midnight. But what I love about Coldplay is that they can make a soaring anthem out of everything from baroque music to electronic-infused dance rock, space rock, and a piano ballad. Though I consider myself an Oldplayer, I've come to accept that there's something very distinctly "Coldplay" that is always there whether they are pushing their sonic limits or not. This article is spot on about what I'm expecting. Doesn't mean I'm not hyped, because I am. I'm just not expecting a full album of classical music or jazz.

• Like 7

I can't imagine us getting a whole album as daring as Viva ever again, apart from a song here and there like Midnight. But what I love about Coldplay is that they can make a soaring anthem out of everything from baroque music to electronic-infused dance rock, space rock, and a piano ballad. Though I consider myself an Oldplayer, I've come to accept that there's something very distinctly "Coldplay" that is always there whether they are pushing their sonic limits or not. This article is spot on about what I'm expecting. Doesn't mean I'm not hyped, because I am. I'm just not expecting a full album of classical music or jazz.

I agree completely! The uniqueness is in Jonny's tone, Chris's voice and the atmosphere/build-up created by the rhythm section (Will and Guy). Even if every song is not a "bleeding exploration of rock's edges" (as one article put it some time ago I remember), it is still uniquely and distinctly Coldplay -- which makes even their so-called lesser works awesome for me!

• Like 2

I hated the idea of transforming the old songs. Why would I wanna listen to Paradise and The Scientist with different arrangements etc. I like it the way it is. It's just does not make sense. Just look at R.E.M. as they are rearranging Monster for the album's 25th anniversary and Coldplay can do that for years to come but it should not be a new album. I think (and hope) that this idea will not see the daylight. (Pun intended)

• Like 2

I hated the idea of transforming the old songs.

I would also hate that!!

But what about those songs that have turned black and white like Aliens, Yellow etc. ?? It might be these songs are their favourites and will appear on an album 'Best Of '?

• Like 1

How the heck did he get the album already?! Is there some sort of Coldplay illuminati club that I'm missing out on? because it seems that way....

Clearly seems to be the case, and the people who are a part of it can be the most random of folks... like, the first person to say that LP6 would be called Ghost Stories was a random passenger who happened to be on the same flight as Chris.

• Like 2

The suspense is killing me.

LP8, in my opinion needs to really be a palette cleanser. It seems in Coldplay’s universe nowadays “experimental” does not mean a Kid A (or even a VLVODAAHF for that matter) It means what genre of bland, aneurism inducing rubbish modern chart music Coldplay is going to ape this time.

From the very little we have seen from the artwork and tiny twitter snippet it’s looking good . I seriously doubt we’re going to get any sort of acoustic, post Brit pop, limestone rock but at the very least we might get some classical arrangements in the vein of Viva/jazz elements.

For the love of God please no more collaborations.

• Like 3
  • Wow 1