✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

The Butterfly Package - AHFOD Live Album/Movie

MickCas

I agree and something else that has been bugging me is that the band always said they never wanted people to pay for the same thing twice, but this just happened with the Butterfly package. They released a few of the same songs multiple times (mainly UATW and SJLT).

Now if you bought the Butterfly package alone then it's not really a big deal, but for someone like me who bought the Amazon tracks, the Butterfly package, AND Love In Tokyo, it's kind of disappointing that some of the songs are the same. Not only that, but the variety is frustrating. They had so many different songs to choose from for variety (A Rush Of Blood, Lovers In Japan, etc.) but they didn't for whatever reason. Also they could have included AICTAIY and Amazing Day on Love In Tokyo.

Not trying to complain and I am very grateful for what we got, but I just feel like they kind of missed the mark with the package overall.

• Like 5

• Replies 548
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't mind complaining. they've become a band with a worldwide fanbase with near unlimited resources. this release was weak as all hell considering its potential. I won't even get into the video production and the whiplash that I get in watching the camera perspectives that jump every second. just a lot of unnecessary BS with this release all around. They could have done a lot better. I believe in many respects it was a case of severely overthinking things and worrying too damn much. Like you said they could have added other songs to make the multiple versions more viable and legit but they didn't for whatever reason. Probably because they were concerned about performance quality. Screw that. It was live. People know that. Put it out there with all of its imperfections. That's part of what makes live performances unique. no one expects perfection. once you start overproducing it and making decisions to try to achieve an overly polished live show it becomes plastic and less genuine. just leave it out there in all of its glory. the fans would appreciate it.

• Like 7

I don't mind complaining. they've become a band with a worldwide fanbase with near unlimited resources. this release was weak as all hell considering its potential. I won't even get into the video production and the whiplash that I get in watching the camera perspectives that jump every second. just a lot of unnecessary BS with this release all around. They could have done a lot better. I believe in many respects it was a case of severely overthinking things and worrying too damn much. Like you said they could have added other songs to make the multiple versions more viable and legit but they didn't for whatever reason. Probably because they were concerned about performance quality. Screw that. It was live. People know that. Put it out there with all of its imperfections. That's part of what makes live performances unique. no one expects perfection. once you start overproducing it and making decisions to try to achieve an overly polished live show it becomes plastic and less genuine. just leave it out there in all of its glory. the fans would appreciate it.

Well said my friend... I appreciate that they made it really hype and everything, but some of the cuts (AHFOD especially could have been longer and didn't need to be so jarring... also did anyone else notice a brief clip from the AHFOD music video in there? It's very brief, but yeah.... They could have cut the extra songs on the live album and kept Amazing Day and the rest of the acoustic/new stuff they played at their concerts

• Like 1

I have the 720p version, with the 5.1 Dolby Digital track from the DVD. I'm uploading this in the night (Chilean night) but you can send me a DM now and i send the link after the upload is already. I will upload in google drive because Mega sucks. ❤

I have the 1080p version of the concert with both stereo and 5.1 (thanks to Enrique) audio tracks. I'll upload it to google drive tonight. Anyone interested? PM me!

send me please!!

Sorry if this has already been discussed, but I just got a chance to listen to (most of) the live album for the first time.....Is it just me or does the AHFOD song sound really bad? Like you can barely hear the guitar or bass...

They do this thing that they put a -5db 200Hz highpass filter on the mic feed and compress the bass and the guitar sidechained to the vocals but with the volume down which I really don't like aswell. It's not only Coldplay these days that they do that, but I hate when they do that on male voices that have alot of harmonical content bellow 200Hz. It makes their voice sound tiny, like they sing with a webcam microphone on their hand. The issue can be somewhat remedied using the 5.1 stream and apply a +5db amplification on anything below 200Hz and slightly compress that frequency range.

• Like 1

I know this probably fits better in another thread but since we are sending Live in Sao Paulo.... Does anyone has Coldplay Live 2012 in 1080p and would like to send it to me? I got it of course and I've seen it many times but it's not even in HD and that just bothers me.

I know this probably fits better in another thread but since we are sending Live in Sao Paulo.... Does anyone has Coldplay Live 2012 in 1080p and would like to send it to me? I got it of course and I've seen it many times but it's not even in HD and that just bothers me.

It's available on Bluray

Late to the party on this one as I just got TBP for Christmas . . . man what an amazing film. It made me fall in love with the band and the guys all over again. As my music tastes have expanded, through the years I've found myself listening to Coldplay less and less just because there are so many other bands out there that I like now as well. But this film reminded me why they have always been my favorite band and why they always will be <3

• Like 4

Did anyone notice on the back of the liner note booklet (at least in the CD version of the Butterfly Package) that there is a typo in the word Parlophone? They spelled it with two Ps at the front....Pparlophone.

• Like 2

Did anyone notice on the back of the liner note booklet (at least in the CD version of the Butterfly Package) that there is a typo in the word Parlophone? They spelled it with two Ps at the front....Pparlophone.

You're right! It must have been a typo surely. (Or it has a secret meaning as PP stands for product placement? I don't think so. :joy:)

• Like 1