✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

The Butterfly Package - AHFOD Live Album/Movie

MickCas

I know I was so annoyed that they ripped the exact audio of SJLT from Kaleidoscope EP (still a great EP), and just mixed into the album. Amazing Day would have been better for sure.

I FREAKING KNEW IT!!! I was listening to it and I was like "all these ambient sounds & the crowd sound familiar" then I listened to the one from the EP and I was pissed..... they didn't even put Birds on the album.

• Like 4

• Replies 548
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I FREAKING KNEW IT!!! I was listening to it and I was like "all these ambient sounds & the crowd sound familiar" then I listened to the one from the EP and I was pissed..... they didn't even put Birds on the album.

I know such a shame I don’t know if Love in Tokyo has Birds or not (does someone know?) otherwise just rip the audio of Birds off the Live in São Paulo film!

I know such a shame I don’t know if Love in Tokyo has Birds or not (does someone know?) otherwise just rip the audio of Birds off the Live in São Paulo film!

Nope. the Love in Tokyo doesn't even have it and honestly... I was thinking about editing the film and concert so it's like AHFOD Film, but it also has the concerts included in it.... you know what I mean?

• Like 2

I bought the hi-res (24/96) FLAC versions of Live in Buenos Aires and Love in Tokyo (from Qobuz and Ototoy).

There is no fade between Charlie Brown and HFTW on the FLAC version, and no false start on Up&Up on Love in Tokyo.

I already ordered the Butterfly Package with the DVD. Now I wish I had just bought the movie in HD on iTunes.

OMG the anticipation! Like I will get the butterfly package tomorrow but I'll probably only have time to watch the concert after I have done all the tests and college projects which will only be in two weeks. I didn't want to skip tracks but I want to hear Will's vocals so bad :sob:

Sooo about this, since I studied and worked on School projects all day I decided to take the night off to see Live in São Paulo. I got to admit the editing didn't brother me as much as I was expecting and got used to it pretty quick. It's a shame that it isn't in HD but either way the colors pop and overall the movie makes me want to go to a Coldplay concert so bad!

Now, the elephant in the room, or better (much better actually) the Will Champion...

[spoiler=Warning: fanboy rant incoming]OMG Will's vocals are INCREDIBLE! The long shots in UATW, the crowd singing togheter and the last note... Just wow :heart_eyes:I can only say THANK YOU Mat for capturing such an amazing moment so well it means a lot to me. Chris, you better let Will sing at my concert! It's your debt for not coming here this tour!

• Like 4

An interesting tidbit on the topic of fading.

CD1 ends with a fade-out of a guitar loop at the end of Charlie Brown; CD2 fades in with the piano outro for Charlie Brown, on the track for Hymn For the Weekend.

This is the case for the Spotify version as well, although the fades are obviously unnecessary for the non-physical versions. However on iTunes/Apple Music the track lengths indicate that Charlie Brown's piano outro is included on the track for Charlie Brown itself, so most likely the unnecessary fades have been removed for the "mastered for iTunes" version.

I'm not subscribed to Apple Music, nor did I purchase the album from iTunes, so I haven't been able to verify, but it would be nice if someone else could.

I imported the Live in Buenos Aires CDs into iTunes Match tonight. For the heck of it, I purchased Charlie Brown and Hymm For The Weekend on iTunes and replaced those two tracks from the CD version. They sync up just fine with the remaining tracks if you want to remove the fades (which I did). You may want to renumber the remaining tracks since the CD imports as 1 of 2 and 2 of 2 with individual CD tracks.

Is just me or the Live in São Paulo's A Head Full of Dreams track is identical to the one on Live in Buenos Aires?

Also noted São Paulo movie seems out of sync with sound in several places. Would explain it

• Like 1

Also noted São Paulo movie seems out of sync with sound in several places. Would explain it
Glad I wasn't the only one who noticed this.

I thought maybe it was just because I was watching with surround sound so the sound was a little bit delayed, but the whole entire thing seemed out of sync.

That being said I'll give my quick thoughts on the live DVD. Overall I thought it was a great way to relive the era, but I did have a few issues with it.

One obviously being the quality. This would look so amazing released in 4K but even 1080p would be better than the DVD quality we have. Secondly I felt the overall editing was a bit too much. I think sometimes less is better and I would honestly just prefer a full concert filmed as is with no effects. Also switching back and forth between the older film style was a bit odd and no offense to the crowd, but I felt there were way too many crowd shots. I think showing the crowd in full with the Xylobands is great but showing close-ups so many times was a bit overkill.

Again overall it was definitely enjoyable, but these were just some things I was thinking about while watching it. Honestly if I had to pick between sitting down and watching this or Glastonbury 2016 again, I would watch Glastonbury. I just like the realness of it. I get for the DVD you want to really spice it up and display what the show is like, but I think Coldplay's shows always speaks for themselves. You really don't need to do much more to it besides film it.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

• Like 5

I felt there were way too many crowd shots. I think showing the crowd in full with the Xylobands is great but showing close-ups so many times was a bit overkill.

I thought exactly the same. I would have loved more close-ups of the Coldplay members while playing instead of all those crowd shots. The idea behind showing how much the crowd enjoyed the music is of course to show how good Coldplay is in life concerts. But the crowd knew they were part of a film and so they sometimes overacted a bit. I think on the whole Coldplay have their greatest admirers in South America.

• Like 5

I figured out why the real SJLT - Live in Buenos Airies was not actually used. I watched a YouTube clip of the performed song on someone’s camera and at first you can tell the obvious differences between the live album version and the actual performance. At the songs bridge, Chris’s microphone suddenly feeds back and makes a reverberating screech which although was short, was enough to ruin the whole recording of the song. The only other recording was the one for Love in Tokyo which of course was used also on Kaleidoscope EP. So that’s what they ended up using because the microphone feedback ruined the actual recording at Buneos Airies. I bet someone was fired for that :joy:

• Like 2

I figured out why the real SJLT - Live in Buenos Airies was not actually used. I watched a YouTube clip of the performed song on someone’s camera and at first you can tell the obvious differences between the live album version and the actual performance. At the songs bridge, Chris’s microphone suddenly feeds back and makes a reverberating screech which although was short, was enough to ruin the whole recording of the song. The only other recording was the one for Love in Tokyo which of course was used also on Kaleidoscope EP. So that’s what they ended up using because the microphone feedback ruined the actual recording at Buneos Airies. I bet someone was fired for that :joy:

Damn... that explains it hahahahaha lets hope that it was because Chris' mic was too close to something and not an actual person who caused it to get ruined... I'd tell them to play it again :joy::joy::joy:

• Like 2

That mic feedback happened on the first of two nights in Buenos Aires; the live release is supposedly from the second night. Even if it were a problem, there are plenty of other performances to use. The band have a multi-track recording of each concert. The Tokyo Remix from Kaleidoscope EP wasn't even recorded

To me it just strikes as laziness. Makes me wonder where else they've cut corners. Like how different are the tracks which are on both Live in Buenos Aires and Love in Tokyo? Sure there's different vocal takes here and there, but overall they sound very similar. I'm too lazy to do a full analysis, but I can find examples where I'm fairly confident that the vocals have been reused. I wouldn't be surprised if the instrumentals are exact copies.

I'm sure most fans won't notice or care, but this is a disappointing release to me for multiple reasons, and this is one of them. Anyway, sorry for the negativity, luckily there are other things to listen to!

• Like 5

That mic feedback happened on the first of two nights in Buenos Aires; the live release is supposedly from the second night. Even if it were a problem, there are plenty of other performances to use. The band have a multi-track recording of each concert. The Tokyo Remix from Kaleidoscope EP wasn't even recorded

To me it just strikes as laziness. Makes me wonder where else they've cut corners. Like how different are the tracks which are on both Live in Buenos Aires and Love in Tokyo? Sure there's different vocal takes here and there, but overall they sound very similar. I'm too lazy to do a full analysis, but I can find examples where I'm fairly confident that the vocals have been reused. I wouldn't be surprised if the instrumentals are exact copies.

I'm sure most fans won't notice or care, but this is a disappointing release to me for multiple reasons, and this is one of them. Anyway, sorry for the negativity, luckily there are other things to listen to!

I'm ok with your point of view.

And I think I will prefer the audio tracks of the Sao Paulo gig if there is less cheating with the vocals.

As soon as I'll get a physical copy, I will extract a lossless version of the tracks with DVD Audio Extractor.

• Like 2