✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

Avicii - Lethal Drug (featuring Chris Martin)

driftaguy

Yes! I said it was this song when I firs heard the snippet. Could be entirely different but maybe they used the song as a base for the Avicii collab.

Love in A Lethal Dose must be an acoustic style song because in the Mylo Xyloto North American Tour Book there is a plan of setlist of Glastonbury 2011 written by band and There is a song coded LIALD and it is definitely Love in a Lethal Dose. But draw a line on it and replace it with Til' Kingdom Come. So it is possibly an acoustic song. But this collab doesn't seem like acoustic. Maybe they used the lyrics of that song.

• Like 4

Love in A Lethal Dose must be an acoustic style song because in the Mylo Xyloto North American Tour Book there is a plan of setlist of Glastonbury 2011 written by band and There is a song coded LIALD and it is definitely Love in a Lethal Dose. But draw a line on it and replace it with Til' Kingdom Come. So it is possibly an acoustic song. But this collab doesn't seem like acoustic. Maybe they used the lyrics of that song.

Yeah that's what I was referring to. But I did forget about that setlist thing. Very interesting!

I read on r/avicii that someone was selling the full track for 3000$ :eek:

If this is true, it's very disgraceful :mad:

Yeah I saw that too. It's one thing to leak songs, but another to make profit off them. I want to hear the song but I do not want to give a dime to these people.

• Like 5

• 2 months later...

That last line... "love in a lethal dose". I said back in September that this might be the song 'Love in a Lethal Dose' that was written on a wall with other songs from the MX era. Looks like that could be the case. Definitely has a more Coldplay feel to it.

• Like 3
  • Wow 1

Here's a "best guess" at the lyrics...

https://genius.com/Coldplay-lethal-drug-lyrics

"All summer we hung round'

On the streets of our hometown

Dreamed about us getting close

Dressing in your wedding clothes"

Sounds like more unused material from the "Wedding Album" that Everyday Life (and to some extent, Mylo Xyloto) originated from about 10 years ago, which makes sense because that's when the title "Love In A Lethal Dose" was first revealed. And for whatever reason Coldplay decided to give the song to Avicii, but Chris still sang on the final version.

The interview that mentions the "Wedding Album" is at toward the end of this recording, for those who will undoubtedly ask for a source :P

https://coldplaying.com/forum/index.php?threads/coldplay-live-in-amman-november-23-2019-iheartradio-album-release-party.126162/#post-5957603

• Like 1

Well, that's not bad at all for an Avicii song, miles better than Heaven imo. As you said, the lyrics tend to confirm it as a MX/Wedding Album leftover.

The guitar reminds me a lot of Lukas at times.

• Like 1

My guess is this song was supposed to be included in Avicii's 2019 posthumous album "TIM" (which I actually like a lot) but didn't make the cut.

I remember that in a interview back in 2010, Chris said that they were writing a lot of songs in preparation for getting old (something about writing music up to the age of 33) so maybe it makes sense that there's plenty of leftover material from that era.

• Like 2

^Yup. Has that melody style we heard in VLV, MX and in demos of those eras. Has a B-Side feel, but the chorus is really, really good. I'd say the rest of the song is maybe a tad repetitive and not all the way flushed out, so I see why it wasn't released.

But man, I love Jonny's guitar. This is such an alt-rock sound and has a AROBTTH feel to it, or more classic Coldplay I guess.

• Like 5