🌙 COLDPLAY ANNOUNCE MOON MUSIC OUT OCTOBER 4TH 🎵

The Snow Patrol Thread

fifi

• Replies 6.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Listened to it once last night (my deluxe copie has been shipped but the french post is soooo slooooow, I can't wait 15 more days to listen to it!)

On first listen, I LOVE it!! More than AHMS. I understand now what they were saying when Tom was telling it was 'electronica'. It has electronic vibes but it's well done and subtle (right, not like some bulldozers called CP...*cough*) The all album is very cohesiv me think and it grasps you from the first notes. On the lyrics, same subject always, but more what Gary did with the TP album.

Half way through and loving it so far..! The Garden Rules and Berlin are beautiful

I absolutely LOVE Berlin! Funny cause it's a small interlude piece (no lyrics) but it's so joyfull. The kind of song you're wistling all day cause it's stuck in your head :)

Broken Bottles Form a Star (prelude) sounds amazing. Can't wait to hear the full song on LP7

+10000 ANd I think that this track shows well the boys and gL/Jackniffe gift for movie score... cause this piece really sound like a movie soundtrack!

I think I red somewhere that gL kinda consider LP7 like concept album and this track really feels like an opening credit of some imagenary movie....Anyway CAN'T WAIT!

The Symphony has the electronic elements Lightbody talked about in the record.

It sounds very very nice.

After my first listen, I am a big fan of Fallen Empires. AHMS kind of missed for me, but this one pulls me right back.

And, needless to say, I am SO excited for LP7, because Broken Bottles Form A Star (prelude) really leaves the listener hanging. I want more. It was so different from the rest of the album, so - now we wait, but while we wait, there is a LOT to enjoy :)

Really like the new album! Equal to, if not better than AHMS for me - plenty of fresh and upbeat sounds and melodies throughout for the most part. If only Coldplay were this consistent in terms of quality... :P

The Garden Rules, New York, In The End and The Symphony are my favourites. And Berlin makes me smile :wacky:

So I gave in... but it's a FANTASTIC album. Really, very impressed.

My favourites so far are This Isn't Everything You Are, The Garden Rules, Life-ning and New York. The latter two left me speechless - so simple, yet so brilliant. Called Out In The Dark is actually one of my least favourites from the album, despite being first single!

I'm only not keen on The President and Broken Bottles Form A Star so far, I don't like the way they close the album and it all goes on a bit too long, to be honest. The Symphony would have been a great way to finish! But maybe it will grow on me...

8/10 on first listen, probably will go up by the time my CD gets here. :)

Okay so I am a bad person when it comes to new albums. I just can't resist and I download the leaks always! *but I'm buying it when it comes here*

I love it! More than I loved MX after the first listen. "Life-ning" I cried my eyes out, and "New York", "Fallen Empires", "This isn't everything you are", "In the End", "Those Distant Bells" are all just woooow! And the other song IMO are amazing! Definitely one of their best works so far.

:curtain: Hi everyone!

I got tickets for Berlin this morning! And then I bought Fallen Empires. Listened to it once so far and I really like it :) Can't wait to hear some of the songs live, Berlin in Berlin.... :wacky:

My CD has one of these parental advisory stickers on it :laugh3: Just because of the "fucked" in This Isn't Everything You Are? I've got lots of CDs with swearwords in the lyrics but they never had a sticker :P

Oh and Garys picture of the eagle is on the back of the case :nice:

Got my ticket this week for the Glasgow date in January...YAY!!

As for the album, I gave in and downloaded the link. My deluxe version has been shipped so I'm expecting it'll be here on Monday. When I first heard COITD months ago, I wasn't sure about it but it grew on me and now I love it. The album, well it's been the opposite. I'm loving it already and I've only had two listens!!

Favourites so far are COITD, In The End, The Weight Of Love, Fallen Empires and This Isn't Everything You Are.

All in all, I'd say I'm going to be totally in love with this album very shortly and bring on the tour!!! :D

I wasn't a huge fan of the album when I first heard it. 3rd listen in and I'm really getting into it. I like Fallen Empires, COITD, Berlin and Life-ning.

Additionally, does anyone know who the female singer is in the background? She's in a few songs, most notably in I'll Never Let Go.

I wasn't a huge fan of the album when I first heard it. 3rd listen in and I'm really getting into it. I like Fallen Empires, COITD, Berlin and Life-ning.

Additionally, does anyone know who the female singer is in the background? She's in a few songs, most notably in I'll Never Let Go.

As Gary mentioned in his tumblr, the female singer is Lissie :)

Got my ticket this week for the Glasgow date in January...YAY!!

As for the album, I gave in and downloaded the link. My deluxe version has been shipped so I'm expecting it'll be here on Monday. When I first heard COITD months ago, I wasn't sure about it but it grew on me and now I love it. The album, well it's been the opposite. I'm loving it already and I've only had two listens!!

Favourites so far are COITD, In The End, The Weight Of Love, Fallen Empires and This Isn't Everything You Are.

All in all, I'd say I'm going to be totally in love with this album very shortly and bring on the tour!!! :D

Hey, i am going to for Glasgow one too! :D

Hi guys! You're reviews of the songs sounds VERY promising! :)) Even though I've already heard some of them live at the Shepherds Bush Empire gig, I'm still waiting for my physical copy to listen to it again... but it's beginning to be really really hard! :p

Cannot wait to see them in Dublin in January! (& possibly London too :whistle:)

It's been a while since I've been this excited about a new album! ^^

Hi guys! You're reviews of the songs sounds VERY promising! :)) Even though I've already heard some of them live at the Shepherds Bush Empire gig, I'm still waiting for my physical copy to listen to it again... but it's beginning to be really really hard! :p

Cannot wait to see them in Dublin in January! (& possibly London too :whistle:)

It's been a while since I've been this excited about a new album! ^^

^^ THIS!!! :D

just a few more hours...i have the leak, but i'm trying very hard to still hold out until the arrival of my physical copy too. tho FE is Zane Lowe's 'Record of the Week' & he played a few songs off the record, including 1 not played at the gigs (In The End), so i kinda have heard most of the album already by now. :P

& can't wait to watch the DVD of the Reworked Tour gig at RAH...even tho i wasn't at that specific gig. but it's always great to have some reminder of that tour (my 1st SP gig & the day i met 4/5 of them...& fell in love with the lads! haha :wacky: :D :wacky: ).

btw, Virginie, i'm gonna say it again + steal Aurelie's line: c'mon over! join us in the Dark Side...we have cookies. & Tim Tams also. ;)