✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

[2021-05-22] Coldplay to Perform @ Worthy Farm Live Global Livestream

stephen

1 hour ago, shred said:

I hope someone had recorded the whole thing and will upload it. 
Can’t watch it at the moment. ?

Same here. I can't wait to watch this at some point... been dealing with an annoying internet outage all day so I haven't been able to watch anything, and I was really looking forward to both Coldplay and Damon Albarn's sets ?

• Like 1

So:

1. At the beginning of the show you can clearly hear "Music Of The Spheres" being pronounced by the automated voice. 

2. The music playing at the intro of the show seem to me like "A hopeful transmission" etc. Most likely a new song as such!

3. Another brand new song (which reminds me very much of "When I Need A Friend") was played.

4. The intro of this new song (before Chris sings) - as well as the intro of the show when the words 'music of the spheres' can be heard - seem super identical to the synths / pads on Ghost Stories.

5. It is very clear that the works on this - likely - new album have been produced in / around the same time as Everyday Life. It makes total sense that Orphans would have been on this new album (as the band indicated) and likewise, the new song they played today would have fitted perfectly on Everyday Life.

Exciting!

Edited by JustSomeone
  • Like 2
  • Love 1

Alright, I finally got to watch it. Very good performance, I loved it so much. The visuals were spectacular and as any Coldplay fan probably knows, they love that kind of stuff. They sounded amazing and I loved how much fun they were having with it. It's not Glastonbury without a ton of rain so it's fitting that they had to play in the pouring rain... as well as to a ton of Worthy Farm cows ?

The Music of the Spheres ambient intro was really cool. Sounds like a mixture of MMIX and the bit of O that plays at the beginning of Always In My Head. Higher Power sounded better than ever. The Scientist was great as always. Viva la Vida was great as always. The new song Human Heart was beautiful... I definitely hear the similarity to When I Need A Friend but this is even more ethereal and haunting, with much less of the Gregorian chant kind of vibes. I really like it. Clocks was amazing and I think they've probably broken their own record of how many lasers they used... and that's saying something ? The transition into Fix You was cool, reminded me of Live 2012. The song itself was great as always, looks like they're no longer doing it with the acoustic guitar like they did in the Everyday Life era shows so it sounds like it always did before the AHFOD tour when they changed it up. A Sky Full of Stars isn't one of my favorite Coldplay songs but it ended up fitting into the set pretty well and the visuals were once again spectacular. I liked the "I'm gonna die on Worthy Farm" bit ? And the message of peace at the beginning of the song was fitting.

I'm watching Damon Albarn's set right now and he's also sounding great.

• Like 7

Never mind, I saw a page previously that informed about it:

https://watch.glastonburyfestivals [dot] co.uk/livestream-1/backup/livestream1.html

Time-Stamp for Coldplay:  55:49

Kinda wished we saw the video-entries the fans submitted of them all singing the 30 seconds of `Woah-Oh-Ohs' for Viva La Vida; Maybe they were worried about the quality of some of the videos or just didn't have enough time to assemble everything. Least I can tout that I entered my voice despite truly knowing if my voice was one of the ones used because the segment was darn short too really tell. Feels good that I did something outside my usual routine though, I dislike being on camera anyway so maybe this decision was the better one that Coldplay made. lol.

1 hour ago, TealAppeal said:

Kinda wished we saw the video-entries the fans submitted of them all singing the 30 seconds of `Woah-Oh-Ohs' for Viva La Vida; Maybe they were worried about the quality of some of the videos or just didn't have enough time to assemble everything. Least I can tout that I entered my voice despite truly knowing if my voice was one of the ones used because the segment was darn short too really tell. Feels good that I did something outside my usual routine though, I dislike being on camera anyway so maybe this decision was the better one that Coldplay made. lol.

Don't worry, just be patient until next weekend. You'll see. Btw only the videos are used - not the audio, Phil confirmed?

• Like 2

1 minute ago, I ran away said:

Don't worry, just be patient until next weekend. You'll see. Btw only the videos are used - not the audio, Phil confirmed?

Oh really? How exciting! ✧ 

Thank you so so much. I'll keep my eyes peeled, thank you again.

• Love 1

2 hours ago, shred said:

Human Heart was amazing! 

It's my favorite of the two new songs. Not that Higher Power hasn't grown on me, but I love this kind of experimental stuff from Coldplay. Even though Chris was technically the only band member participating ? I'm hoping KING show up in the album version. I had never heard of them before but I loved their parts in Human Heart.

• Like 3
  • Love 1

So I have watched the set 3 times by now and I have to write down some of my thoughts before i forget!

Okay first of all this is absolutely phenomenal :awesome: :dazzled: They never fail to be at their best and surprise us and everyone for Glastonbury. I thought I knew what to expect, but even in those expected moments, there was something new, something fresh, something interesting. Also we will need to analyse some specific details later because i'm sure there are a few MOTS/LP9 clues.

1. Intro/MOTS (!!!): Mygod that intro!! Very reminiscent of GS times (strong AIMH and Midnight vibes for sure). Possibly some bits of The Race used here? It's rather short for a Coldplay album intro (although MX is rather short too), I would assume it's either not the album intro, only transition, OR it's a shorter version of the album intro. Definitely called MOTS. Definitely confirms LP9 title is MOTS, I think. It would be odd to have a voice say "MOTS" on a track that introduces their set, if that wasn't the album title... So yeah MOTS confirmed. 

And this all goes well with many people's assumption that Higher Power was either number 1 or 2 on the tracklist! 

And the visuals! Mygod the "xylograss"!!! Absolutely wonderful! It was mesmerizing from the start. It must have felt reassuring for the band as well, probably helped them feel less lonely.

2. Higher Power :dazzled:  Glad to see this version was more live than the previous ones! Finally! Chris interacting with the band, lovely as ever. Also loving those moments where he's coordinating with the big white light. And loving to see he points to the audience and to Will when singing "happy i'm alive at the same time as you", referring to both the fans and the rest of the band :wacky: 

The piano bit at the end was definitely interesting. Could be a random transition but actually Chris' piano moments are almost never random. So it's probably related to a song on MOTS. Intriguing af.

3. The Scientist is as good as ever. This song does not age live. Loved the comedy bit with the crowd sounds at the end :laugh3: hilarious. Hope they bring it to Big Weekend as well and use it a few times until they perform in front of actual crowds. It's just funny and cute.

4. Viva la Vida is perhaps the one that made me miss being at a concert the most. Chris too used to perform it in stadiums with his call "Your turn" :laugh3: Surprised they didn't use the fans videos for this one. It confirms that this will be for Big Weekend, probably only for that actually.

Chris sang it a bit different than usual that was interesting (the "who would ever wanna be king" for instance).

5. HUMAN HEART :dazzled: well oh.my.god. Extremely moving music and lyrics and contributions from We are King and Jacob Collier. The setting was really cool and interesting as well. I hope this song features on a Higher Power EP that would come out in June. In any case it's just a terrific moment and it's one of those big therapeutic hugs from Coldplay. It sounds sooooo cool as well. I see it as a short but sweet song that could serve as some form of a transition between two parts on MOTS.

6. Clocks Someone correct me if i'm wrong but was this the first time Chris sang a least some of this live in, like, many years??????? I swear some bits were different than usual. This is great news!!!

7. Fix You is another one giving big concert vibes...really missing the crowd! 

The speech before the end was quite moving just saying "there is no path to peace there's just peace being the path". Wise and inspiring.

8. ASFOS: A fitting way to close the set with big festivals feelings. Terrible dance moves from Chris on that one he's rusty :laugh3: 

The set was even shorter than expected in the end, with only 7 songs, but I like that they exploited it that way and didn't shorten songs too much to fit in more stuff. I expect the Big Weekend's setlist to be the same, with the addition of Yellow or Paradise (read that the set is around 40 minutes long so maybe we get one more song?). Can't wait! :dance: 

• Like 2
  • Love 1

10 minutes ago, Casio1 said:

I have missed it ?  It was streamed at 5am in the morning. Any chance to watch a recorded version of it? Thanks so much. 

You can find several download links here :  

:cheesy: 

• Love 1

On 5/23/2021 at 5:37 AM, I ran away said:

Well, thank goodness for that !  ? Phew !!!