✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

[2021-05-22] Coldplay to Perform @ Worthy Farm Live Global Livestream

stephen

• Administrators

Tickets are on sale now from worthyfarm.live priced at £20, €23, $27.50 & AUD$35, with a number of timed streams available to accommodate audiences globally.

Accessible only to ticket buyers, the online event will be broadcast in full across four separate time zones, with staggered livestreams for the UK,

Europe, Africa & the Middle East, East Coast North America & Central / South America, West Coast North America, and Australia, New Zealand & Asia.
Livestream #1 – UK, EUROPE, AFRICA & MIDDLE EAST: 19.00 BST / 20.00 CEST & SAST / 21.00 MSK & EEST / 22.00 GST
Livestream #2 – NORTH AMERICA (EAST COAST) and CENTRAL & SOUTH AMERICA: 18.00 CDT / 19.00 EDT / 20.00 ART & BRT
Livestream #3 – NORTH AMERICA (WEST COAST): 19.00 PDT
Livestream #4 – AUSTRALIA, NEW ZEALAND & ASIA (on Sunday 23rd May): 16.00 ICT / 17.00 HKT & PHST / 18.00 JST & KST/ 19.00 AEST / 21.00 NZST

• Like 3

• Captain Crieff changed the title to [2021-05-22] Coldplay to Perform @ Worthy Farm Live Global Livestream
On 4/2/2021 at 5:23 PM, Captain Crieff said:

I can't believe this is happening on the same day as Eurovision. They chose like the 1 day with a big event in 2021 :blank:

Yeah, that's really unfortunate. I'm not a massive Eurovision fan but to choose the one evening where we already had a live event to spend the time with...

I admit it took me a long time of thinking if I would buy a ticket or not, because 23 EUR for a livestream with probably max. 40 mins of Coldplay is a lot of money, but in the end I did. I know the performance will be recorded and shared as it always happens, and that someone might even stream the performance live for free, but I decided to pay the money to get the whole Glastonbury feeling and experience! I'm really excited now. Pretty sure the whole festival will be cool. I hope the weather on Worthy Farm will be good that day and we'll get tons of nice atmospheric shots.

• 4 weeks later...
30 minutes ago, sa_spurs_tx said:

Has anyone tried to purchase a ticket recently?  The main site is saying I need to enter a promo code to purchase...     what is the code?

i bought mine on tuesday and I didn't need to do that. That might come up if you try to use honey?

I'm so thrilled right now because I made an own flag (apart from initiating the Coldplay Twitter flag project with the names of over 300 Coldplayers on it...but that's a different story) and sent it to Glastonbury in the hopes it might be displayed despite my limited drawing talents, and in the meantime not only did Coldplay like it on Twitter, but it is also among the flags that Emily Eavis posted on her Instagram page today!

like.PNG.477a6a0a947d0cfa624b4f9bcc4ff663.PNGlike2.PNG.5bab3fba7d1e59d115a7c2c81bb2612c.PNG

• Like 4
  • Love 3
  • Wow 1

1 hour ago, I ran away said:

I'm so thrilled right now because I made an own flag (apart from initiating the Coldplay Twitter flag project with the names of over 300 Coldplayers on it...but that's a different story) and sent it to Glastonbury in the hopes it might be displayed despite my limited drawing talents, and in the meantime not only did Coldplay like it on Twitter, but it is also among the flags that Emily Eavis posted on her Instagram page today!

like.PNG.477a6a0a947d0cfa624b4f9bcc4ff663.PNGlike2.PNG.5bab3fba7d1e59d115a7c2c81bb2612c.PNG

Nice! Any idea about which flag was voted to be sent to Glastonbury? IIRC there was a poll containing other flags and the winning design would be chosen.

1 hour ago, TheBigBadBono said:

Nice! Any idea about which flag was voted to be sent to Glastonbury? IIRC there was a poll containing other flags and the winning design would be chosen.

That would be this one (which was also liked by Coldplay and liked/recipt confirmed by someone from the Glastonbury team on Twitter!)

Ez_rWdHWYAMLfgk.thumb.jpg.4db58be2c33a58952067251f82963a85.jpg

• Like 2
  • Love 5

Anyone wants to make predictions for setlist? And for how long are they going perform? Considering there is 8-9 artists and it's 5 hours long, I think as headliners they might get 45 to 60 minutes.

Obviously we get Viva la Vida with video of people singing along to it. Also Yellow and Fix You.

Definitely the newest single Higher Power. Maybe one more new song?

Considering they are playing for the cameras, this gives them opportunity to perform some interesting songs. They don't need to hold the energy for 100 000 people in front of them. People watching the stream pay probably more attention to the beauty of them performing.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

So since there's a lot of talks around the upcoming Glasto set I figured let's awake this thread. 

So based on the set times we can expect a set that is maximum 45 minutes. Likely to be less (between 30 and 40 minutes) given that none of the speeches are included in the list, and there are quite a lot (I would assume one between each big act). 

Of course they're going to play Higher Power. 

What are your setlists predictions? 

Are we getting another new song? 

1 hour ago, Coeurli said:

So since there's a lot of talks around the upcoming Glasto set I figured let's awake this thread. 

So based on the set times we can expect a set that is maximum 45 minutes. Likely to be less (between 30 and 40 minutes) given that none of the speeches are included in the list, and there are quite a lot (I would assume one between each big act). 

Of course they're going to play Higher Power. 

What are your setlists predictions? 

Are we getting another new song? 

Hmm, I doubt it to be honest. Looking at how much they are promoting Higher Power right now and with the video coming out early next month, I'm thinking they wouldn't want attention to be driven away from Higher Power already. 

I guess it's going to be some of the previous hits, a cover and Higher Power. A maximum of 9 songs, I'd say. From one of the recent interviews, I remember someone mentioning rehearsing The Scientist (can't remember who it was now), so that's going to be in the set.

• Like 1

My prediction for their Worthy Farm setlist is as follows:

Probable songs (in no particular order):

- Higher Power (Never played at Glasto but for sure here to get promotion)

- Yellow (Glastonbury '99, '00, '02, '05, '11, and '16)

- The Scientist (Glastonbury '02, '05, '11, and '16)

- Adventure of a Lifetime (Glastonbury 2016)

- Viva La Vida (Glastonbury '11 and '16, accompanied by crowd chants)

- Fix You (Glastonbury '05, '11, and '16)

- A Sky Full of Stars (Glastonbury 2016)

- Paradise (Glastonbury 2016)

Possible Other Songs (based off of recent setlists in 2020 and classic Glastonbury sets):

- In My Place (played in Glastonbury '02, '05, and '11)

- Clocks (played in Glastonbury '02, '05, '11, '16, and a recent set at iHeart

- Trouble in Town/Champion of the World/Orphans (Recent sets in 2019/2020)

- Something Just Like This (Often played on tour and last sets in 2019)

- Hymn For the Weekend (Glastonbury '16 and a regular in their tour)

- Charlie Brown (Glastonbury '11 and '16, always in their live shows and last played in their instagram livestream)

- Every Teardrop is a Waterfall (Glastonbury '11 and '16)

- Magic (Played often in during their Everyday Life "tour")

- Everything's Not Lost (Glastonbury '00, '02, '05, '11, and in their Instagram livestream)

EDIT: Their set is 45 minutes long but we have to remember that there also might be a spoken word segment or two. So I think given that most of their songs are around 3.5 to 4.5 minutes, and given the much quicker show due to the lack of audience, I'm expecting a minimum of 7 songs and a maximum of 9-10 if they don't overextend.

Edited by TheBigBadBono

I also expect 40 mins max based on the fact that spoken word artists will be squeezed in, which is funnily enough exactly what I thought it would be back in April before we knew the set times ?

I don't expect anything except greatest hits + Higher Power, sadly. I would love it if they surprise us and at least bring one unexpected fan favourite back (like Sparks during the EL era, or Everything's Not Lost in the 2020 IG livestream) but I'm not getting my hopes up.

Viva La Vida is pretty much a given, based on the chant recordings they wanted. And as has been said, Chris mentioned rehearsing The Scientist in the Zane Lowe interview so high chances for this one also.

On 5/18/2021 at 6:39 AM, Jamesfish said:

I’m expecting something like this 

Higher Power 

Every Teardrop Is A Waterfall 

Orphans

Charlie Brown 

Fix You 

Viva La Vida

Yellow

Clocks

Something Just Like This 

Sky Full Of Stars 

This but Paradise and The Scientist instead of Orphans and Clocks

So Coldplay's secret (well, now not-so-secret anymore) BBC1 Radio Big Weekend set that was prerecorded at Whitby Abbey yesterday had the songs

Viva, The Scientist, Fix You, Higher Power, ASFOS and AOAL.

I think that's also gonna be the core of Glastonbury. I don't think an EL song will make it there at all, sadly.

11 hours ago, I ran away said:

I don't think an EL song will make it there at all, sadly.

I agree, considering what Chris said about EL, that nobody would like to listen to those songs etc.

I love EL and I still don't understand why they didn't promote that album more. If they had given as many interviews for EL as they did for HP the album would have been a great success and they would be able to include some of its songs in the set for Glastonbury. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, I ran away said:

Ah sure I will, but I also hold on to the hope that BBC Radio 1 is not the same as Glastonbury... ?

don't forget we're talking about the band that had a request section in their setlists on their last tour but they chose to play the same song every night :laugh3: so let's stay realistic

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Captain Crieff said:

don't forget we're talking about the band that had a request section in their setlists on their last tour but they chose to play the same song every night :laugh3: so let's stay realistic

Yes but Glastonbury is Glastonbury! A special cover, or a guest appearance...can't imagine it being exactly the same as BBC Radio Big Weekend lol

In my opinion Champion of the World should fit in quite well in future setlists, if not in these little festival performances, then maybe on next tour. Maybe Everyday Life (the song) as well, if there is room for that on B-stage setlist or something. I don't want to hear this bullsh*t from Chris' mouth that nobody wants to hear any songs from EL album. ?

Also, I'm waiting for some interesting rearrangements of some X&Y songs (in addition to Fix You), there is so much potential!

Worthy Farm Live setlist most probably is full of previous hits indeed + Higher Power, but there has to be at least one surprise! Some new song from the next album (something more lowkey and not a future single), a cover, cool collaboration with someone or some old fans' favourite.

Edited by CP-EST
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, Captain Crieff said:

As much as the request section got super repetitive with Till Kingdom Come and the like, at 1 in 8 shows they would play something truly unprecedented like AROBTTH, A Message, Swallowed in the Sea, Hypnotised, Life is Beautiful, AICTAIY, Strawberry Swing, See You Soon, the Hardest Part as a FULL BAND. And the AHFOD tour also had the Heroes cover and a few Prince covers! And multiple performances of UATW, and IMP/Don't Panic with Will on vocals. Can't say they didn't try!!!!