✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

Track 02 - Higher Power | Music of the Spheres

gai

1 minute ago, M Marks The Spot said:

Quoting a user from the ATRL forums who's apparently got to listen to Higher Power already:

"Ahh just heard it, I actually love it :heart: It's breezy, summery, nostalgic. NOT as synthpop heavy as Blinding Lights, but it does remind me of Take On Me by A-ha a bit. Radio will eat it up :katie2:"

Haha beat me

• Love 1

I have mixed feelings, I thought that the race was going to be the first single, apart from that apparently they will no longer release singles with B-Sides. despite the above, I like the new vibes but I feel that the duration is too short for what it represents 

• Like 2

There's a 2018 science fiction movie called "Higher Power". I haven't seen it, but this is the plot: "The world is at risk and it's up to one man to save it.A mad scientist has to go through the DNA of the population of earth to find someone to do the job. The needed hero turns out to be a former alcoholic called Joe who has an anger problem and two estranged daughters called Zoe and Rhea.Joe then finds himself in the hands of the mad scientist.The experimental work that the scientist does on Joe equips him with some kind of electromagnetic power that could either save the world or if not, destroy it."

It also reminds me to Doctor Manhattan of Watchmen.

Can you imagine the album with this theme?

7 hours ago, I ran away said:

In this snippet: Unoriginal melody, unoriginal singing, unoriginal sound. Hope the full song will be better.

Very underwhelming 15 seconds indeed. But they seem to have so much confidence that it will be a big hit that I'll give them a chance on this one.

• Like 2
  • Sad 2

9 hours ago, I ran away said:

In this snippet: Unoriginal melody, unoriginal singing, unoriginal sound. Hope the full song will be better.

I usually agree with you. This time I'm mixed. The music is definitely generic 80s but that Will beat is growing on me and I'll take generic 80s over the sound of any other decade. I love 80s music.

I actually think the lyrics are somwhat unique. Saying you're lucky to be alive at the same time as someone else isn't a sentiment often expressed in pop music. That's too deep. Usually they just say they're lucky to be with the person. I like the higher power lyric. Rather than being sappy and cliche by saying they have magic (and I hate Magic) they're almost saying the person is God-like which, again, is unique. A different enough sentiment to be interesting. I was expecting this to be a religious song like Church or Eko with that title but it's not. 

Edited by HowCouldIForget
  • Like 5

I think that "Higher Power" could be the perfect song for this difficult time we are in right now. If this song creates an overall good feeling, hope and togehterness, then I think it's already a good track and something that the people really need at the moment.

• Like 1

I think the beauty of working with Brian Eno is that he probably isn’t a fan of Coldplay. Like, sure he likes them, but he probably isn’t like drooling to listen to their stuff. So, with that mindset, he can tell them what needs to be worked on/tweaked. He isn’t afraid to poke them. When you work with someone who has made millions on pop music and someone who is your biggest fan, you’re not gonna get the best out of someone. JMO 

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

Slightly different snippet of higher power on tik tok via r/coldplay fyi. seems we cant link, but thats how you find it while you can

and if you dont want to look for it, or missed it, honestly not massively different at all from the facebook clip

andddd the thread is already deleted, but the clip is still on tik tok

Edited by jc90
  • Like 1

Yeah I found the one on Tik tok as well. Yikes. Def not my favorite 15 seconds in a Coldplay song lol.

Btw, when was the last time a non-collab Coldplay single had so much promotion? Must have been VLV or Paradise.

Edited by JM-42
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, anniea89 said:

Hi all, apologies if this is in the wrong place, but has anyone not gotten a confirmation email re the Higher Power cd single? I have the order number but no email and it's been 3 days ?

I haven't got confirmation email either, but I can see my order under the Order History when I look at my account in Coldplay store. Fulfillment status says "unfulfilled" though.

So i already love the song despite only hearing that 25 second snippet....it's been stuck in my head. It's brilliant. I'm biased because I myself am an absolute fan of HLH and Birds so obviously this is another win for me :laugh3: 

I can't wait to hear the full song on Friday and I'm really rooting for it to take over the world :awesome: If this one doesn't, then what would??????

• Like 2
  • Love 4

People comparing this with Birds...how? Birds is one of the best songs on AHFOD so from listening to the snippet, I don't think HP is even close! Haha.

Anyway, I think EL spoilt me. I was hoping we would be taken by surprise and the boys would have gone a different route with this album but it looks like we are getting a AHFOD 2.0 instead of a MX 2.0.

Ah well. Hope to be proven wrong. 

Oh and before anyone jumps on my back, just want to say, I enjoyed the snippet - it's catchy, it's pop Coldplay. But I was just hoping more of a ALIENS/All I Think About is You vibes instead of AOAL vibe. With that said, ETIAW turned me off MX when it first got release but after listening to the album MX is way better than AHFOD so... who knows.

• Like 3

• stephen changed the title to HIGHER POWER | STREAM/DOWNLOAD EVERYWHERE | DISCUSSION
  • stephen changed the title to Track 02 - Higher Power | Music of the Spheres
  • stephen pinned, unfeatured, unpinned and featured this topic