✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

Track 11 - Infinity Sign (stylised as ♾) | Music of the Spheres

Coeurli

Here's a thread dedicated to the 11th track on Coldplay's upcoming album MOTS: Infinity Sign (allegedly)

Track length : 03:46

1. ? - Music Of The Spheres I

2. Higher Power

3. Humankind

4.  - Alien Choir

5. Let Somebody Go

6. ❤️ - Human Heart

7. People Of The Pride

8. Biutyful

9. ? - Music Of The Spheres II

10. My Universe

11. ♾️ - Infinity Sign

12. Coloratura

Discuss :awesome: 

6 hours ago, philidash said:

For some reason, people on Reddit believe this song is actually Life Is Beautiful. Personally, if Life is Beautiful is on MOTS Vol. I, it's track 3.

The reason being that the intro to LiB is almost identical to what we hear in the trailer - only now it's a little more electronic.

• Like 1
  • Love 1

14 hours ago, philidash said:

For some reason, people on Reddit believe this song is actually Life Is Beautiful. Personally, if Life is Beautiful is on MOTS Vol. I, it's track 3.

The LIB synths appear on both tracks so we really don't know yet! They did this on AHFOD too where Colour Spectrum's synths show up at the beginning of the title track, so just on previews it's hard to say yet. Similar deal with LIT showing up in DAAHF as part of the Escapist. 

• 1 month later...

So are there only eight tracks on MOTS that you can call songs? The other four tracks are just snippets? Too bad we couldn't get "The Race" on this album. Oh well, maybe it will show up as a B-side or on an EP eventually. 

Edited by rono3849
  • Haha 1

11 minutes ago, MosesTheMarshmallow said:

It could be cool to have a serious instrumental which isn’t common for Coldplay! Something like Explosions in the Sky or Sigur Ros. Only other ones might be LIT, Sunrise, MX, colour Spectrum, and O.

Just once I'd love to see them try post-rock, even if it's just one song. Coloratura at parts kinda reminded me of post rock. Maybe something similar to Time by the Alan Parsons Project?

• Like 2

1 hour ago, TheBigBadBono said:

Just once I'd love to see them try post-rock, even if it's just one song. Coloratura at parts kinda reminded me of post rock. Maybe something similar to Time by the Alan Parsons Project?

Chinese Sleep Chant heads in that direction a little though I guess shorgaze is its own genre too. 

it also occurred to me Bani Adam is quasi instrumental. If you heard their Apollo performance a couple weeks ago there’s a cool instrumental with Coleman Barks reading poetry - similar vibe with atmospheric guitar!

Edited by MosesTheMarshmallow
  • Like 4

58 minutes ago, MosesTheMarshmallow said:

Chinese Sleep Chant heads in that direction a little though I guess shorgaze is its own genre too. 

it also occurred to me Bani Adam is quasi instrumental. If you heard their Apollo performance a couple weeks ago there’s a cool instrumental with Coleman Barks reading poetry - similar vibe with atmospheric guitar!

Everyone's talking about POTP and Coloratura from the Apollo Gig, and while those were both amazing the Coleman Barks instrumental stole the show. Absolutely stunning.

• Like 3
  • Love 1

Ok this made me tear up and left such an impression on me. Only because I keep thinking how this will sound live and I had goosebumps and I started tearing up. I can't wait to experience this live. It's going to be epic and than some.

Btw, what is being sang towards the end??

Edited by shred
  • Like 1

• stephen changed the title to Track 11 - Infinity Sign (stylised as ♾) | Music of the Spheres
  • stephen pinned this topic
  • stephen unpinned and featured this topic