✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

[2022-03-18] Estadio Nacional de Costa Rica, San José, Costa Rica

13 hours ago, I ran away said:

Finally, the C-Stage can be seen!

This is so cool!!

Help me interpret the setup please....

So the c stage is the circle nearest the bottom of the picture, correct?

What are the two tower things with what looks like tents beneath them? Are they for projecting lights and lasers?

3 hours ago, ColdplayingMama said:

Also, does anyone think they'll have a small setup in amongst the fans up in the stands like they have in the past? I chose my seats around where they've done this in the past, in hopes that they do...!

I think they mostly do that in arenas, not so much in stadiums, but I don't know where your show will be and if Covid will affect that. Chris certainly has no issue getting close to fans despite Covid, as evidenced by the recent gigs...

And about the picture: yes, presumably the circular structure, although it looks very small even for a C-stage.

The towers are for sound I think, the mixing desks are adjacent to them, if I'm not mistaken.

• Like 1

Chris said during the AHFOD tour that they're going to wait until the next one to play Hypnotised live. 
The Everyday Life era didn't have one and their next world tour starts in 5 days. So.... Fingers crossed! :bomb: :smiley:

Edited by Gideon_Mx
  • Like 3

• Administrators
1 hour ago, Magic123 said:

I did! I’m so happy they’re playing Everyday Life songs! Does anyone know of any ways to livestream the show? 

Let's hope they actually play those songs now and didn't decide to cut them! There may be some instagram live streams but I wouldn't hold your breath.

Coldplay said they would stream the audio from one of the Latin American shows via the app soon.

7 hours ago, stephen said:

Let's hope they actually play those songs now and didn't decide to cut them! There may be some instagram live streams but I wouldn't hold your breath.

Coldplay said they would stream the audio from one of the Latin American shows via the app soon.

I can't find anything on the app yet. They're supposed to start performing in an hour. Anyone see anything that I'm overlooking?

3 minutes ago, ColdplayingMama said:

I can't find anything on the app yet. They're supposed to start performing in an hour. Anyone see anything that I'm overlooking?

No idea, I can't help you 'cause I can't download the app (yet). I have Android 9 on my phone :bigcry:

• Administrators
18 minutes ago, Gideon_Mx said:

Chris, Guy and Jonny were rehearsing / practicing Everyday Life a few minutes ago!!!!! :happy: :awesome: :vuvuzela:

They better keep this on the setlist. This sounds sooooo good

• Administrators
8 minutes ago, TealAppeal said:

I'm delighted the band is playing songs from Everyday Life. For the longest time I truly thought they weren't interested in playing those songs so soon.

Honestly same, Chris literally said they wouldn’t play them. I was lucky enough to hear those songs live during the Everyday Life promo and holy crap they sound good. The song Everyday Life is as ethereal as Coloratura

• Like 6

Goodnight Coldplay! Thanks for the amazing show. They played songs such as Humankind, Orphans (longer version) and lastly Biutyful (extended) to end the show in Costa Rica!

#ColdplaySanJose #MusicOfTheSpheresWorldTour 

Estadio Nacional de Costa Rica, San José (Costa Rica)

Afbeelding

Edited by Gideon_Mx
  • Like 1
  • Love 2

that show was crazy. the weird alien heads and the midnight remix?? chris signing sjlt???? THE MUPPET THING? THE SHOW BEING ORGANISED INTO ACTS?? HAVING BIUTYFUL AS A CLOSER (which is more of a bad crazy tbh).

the setlist was actually great, just wish they swapped biutyful and coloratura, or had humankind as the closer even

• Like 1
  • Love 2

Checked the setlist and a few videos. I didn't get the act stuff, what is the story behind these? Song choices are ok, but looking at setlist, there are better ways to order these songs. I mean, maybe it works as an whole show and there is some logic behind it, when you get to experience it.

Still, making Biutyful a show closer was a bold choice and seems like they really really like this song for some reason, although it got really mixed reactions, some even made fun of it. I liked it before, but seeing this as a closer makes me look at this song from a different perspective. I honestly thought this song might get maximum a few performances on B stage.

Anyway, this setlist might change a lot, too early to judge MOTS concert. Good to see that tour started and hopefully situation in the world stays favourable. Can't wait for my turn in Paris.

• Like 1

Checked the setlist and I have mixed feelings about certains things we're missing out on BUT Ohmygod I am impressed by how they found a way to make a setlist filled with their bigger hits, actually interesting and different!

We were all low key expecting AHFOD 2.0, so this setlist and most importantly, the way they've organized it, is actually really refreshing and truly interesting, I cannot wait to experience it live! :awesome: 

Ok so first of all : THE LENGTH! The insane length of that set! 27 songs! This may be normal for certain acts, but Coldplay are known to purposely perform "short" concerts for lots of reasons. Considering that one of these songs is 10 minutes long, this is truly impressive! I genuinely expected like no more than 20 songs because of Coloratura and I was okay with it. I am impressed that they want to push themselves further and go for that many tracks, especially as most of them are in full length. I truly applaud them for this! More Coldplay for us :awesome: 

That being said, on the other hand, I would also appreciate a shorter setlist if that meant changing a few songs around. Who knows, maybe we're getting the best of both worlds? :awesome: 

Then, the structure : now this is where it gets confusing and disorienting, but actually I think this is great. We were all expecting AHFOD 2.0 because the AHFOD tour setlist consisted 90% of iconic bangers, and because most Coldplay tours (especially MX and AHFOD) setlists had the same structure, that everyone was happy with. Now, if you can't change a big portion of the songs, because people do come to see you for those big hits, what else can you do? Change the structure! Brilliant! And most of genuinely did not expect it!

You still have the Main stage, the B stage focus moments and the C stage, but there's a new plan coming on top of that to tell a story. It's very interesting. I like 2 things about that, other than the fact that it's truly surprising and refreshing :

1. I haven't seen a lot of footage, but from what I understand, instead of going for a quiet setting on the B stage, they're going for Dance party spirit on there. That's new. Also they enter and leave via the B stage. The message that we're "one big band" is really reinforced by that overall new B stage approach, I think.

2. The story. The structure is no longer just about the live experience, it's about the album itself. I think it does look messy and odd as a long list of songs, but it is meant to make sense once you experience it, so I'm not concerned. I do think it's great that we know what it means;

They always talked about how the MOTS era(s) is (are) about using space as a metaphor, with different points of view. This is reflected on the setlist, which is organized by themes :

Act I Planets : big bright energetic anthems, the planets that make up the Coldplay universe

Act II Moons : "smaller" songs that revolve around the Planets, show a quieter atmosphere. I'm not clear about Viva's spot here, so maybe i'm all wrong :laugh3: or maybe it's just about the round b stage for that one.

Act III Stars - this is about shiny lights, whether that comes from your soul or from the concert's actual light show. It's about burning bright, here or in the sky.

Act IV Home : extremely grounded. Coming right back to earth and therefore coming home. Very personal

THEN! The actual songs! I am SO HAPPY that Everyday Life gets a decent feature, between Orphans, Bani Adam, Everyday life AND SUNRISE...This is great! I believe it fits really well with the story and that is what saved us. Maybe also our constant begging paid off :laugh3: Almost nobody among Coldplay fans actually got to experience any of these songs so this is wonderful. Now if they could try to include Champions of the world at some of the dates (instead of another song i guess), that would be dreamy:awesome: 

The biggest surprise is obviously the fact that Coloratura is not the closer.... I know some people had guessed it, but it just feels odd, considering how absolutely iconic it is as an album closer already. That being said I haven't seen any footage of the B song (which I NEVER expected to be featured lol) and I assume that when you see it, it does make sense. It does have a dreamy quality to it.

I'm one of the few people who's happy that they're playing Human Heart :laugh3: I did assume we would only get half of it though, because they almost never invite their guests/opening acts on stage. Like how they never performed Fun despite touring with Tove Lo.......

Extreme relief at Infinity sign being on the setlist, and I only expected them to put it as a transition, so it's great that they're making it a real song. Love it, can't wait for the dance party. :dance: Same with Midnight, I'm glad they found another Remix to perform on the setlist, why not Midnight! I see the casual crowd is confused but we the hardcore fans will just be minding our business and dancing :awesome: 

I wanted them to get rid of GPASUYF as a big song but I'm really okay with a C stage version, I haven't heard it yet but I assume it's kind of like the Viva tour? Anyway, why not! I really hope they have the guts to switch up some of those Moon and Home songs but this is a good base at least.

I am however very disappointed that they're not playing Politik, it would be a great fit these days and it would make a lot of sense. Tbh that's my only big complaint. The rest is so interesting, I'm happy to see how it works out!

FINALLY : the features. We will need to talk about those weird ass alien heads :laugh3: Guy went full daft punk while chris has the goofy shrek hears....yep this truly is a coldplay concert.

All in all this sounds like a wonderful concert and I can't wait to experience :dazzled: 

• Love 2

Guest EVERGLOW PHX USA
41 minutes ago, CP-EST said:

Checked the setlist and a few videos. I didn't get the act stuff, what is the story behind these? Song choices are ok, but looking at setlist, there are better ways to order these songs. I mean, maybe it works as an whole show and there is some logic behind it, when you get to experience it.

Still, making Biutyful a show closer was a bold choice and seems like they really really like this song for some reason, although it got really mixed reactions, some even made fun of it. I liked it before, but seeing this as a closer makes me look at this song from a different perspective. I honestly thought this song might get maximum a few performances on B stage.

Anyway, this setlist might change a lot, too early to judge MOTS concert. Good to see that tour started and hopefully situation in the world stays favourable. Can't wait for my turn in Paris.

I agree with these remarks and was disappointed to see Biutyful as the closer. In general, I think 8 songs from MOTS album is too much, even as it is the banner album for the tour. Also, while it was a big relief to see that Charlie Brown wasn’t cut as many speculated it would be and while I was thrilled to get two songs from Everyday Life (which deserved its own tour), I was kind of shocked that they excluded some of their best live songs ever like Everglow, A Head Full of Dreams, Every Teardrop is a Waterfall, Magic, and Hymn for the Weekend. I would have happily traded 2-5 MOTS songs for these. I watched the video of Midnight, one of my favorite songs, and I thought the remix with the alien heads fell flat and came off as bizarre. I was pleased that this is a nice long concert, appears to be visually stunning like AHFOD, and I look forward to going when it comes to Phoenix USA. I hope they refine the show as they go.