✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

🌕 Coldplay: Moon Music 🌕 | Music of the Spheres vol ii | Discussion

Doomotron

Just so folks know, there's a history of people coming on forums or discord and making stuff up. 

Kaleidoscope, regardless, I hope it's true and that you enjoyed! Looking forward to the album. 

• Like 2
  • Love 2
  • Thanks 1

14 minutes ago, Kaleidoscope said:

A sessions where we hear their new songs. About 10 songs were demonstrated, there's a song called ALL MY LOVE and it sounds pretty lovely.

Damn.

1 minute ago, Kaleidoscope said:

The lyrics for ALL MY LOVE goes like

'til I die, let me hold you if you cry.

It's a lovely song that has classic CM piano playing there.

Do you know the name of the 10 tracks ?

4 minutes ago, Kaleidoscope said:

I heard

GOOD FEELINGS

ONE WORLD

ALL MY LOVE

RUNAWAY GALAXY

MAN IN THE MOON

ANGEL SONG

MOON MUSIC

MINING ON THE MOON

JUPITER (FEAT. Camilla Cabello)

FOREVER, WHATEVER

Probably the track listing for the album? Do you know which of them are the song they soundchecked in the asian leg ? January/February

30 minutes ago, Kaleidoscope said:

I heard

GOOD FEELINGS

ONE WORLD

ALL MY LOVE

RUNAWAY GALAXY

MAN IN THE MOON

ANGEL SONG

MOON MUSIC

MINING ON THE MOON

JUPITER (FEAT. Camilla Cabello)

FOREVER, WHATEVER

I think Forever Whatever is an AHFOD demo, I have that version

Edited by Stimpler
  • Like 1
  • Wow 1

4 minutes ago, Kaleidoscope said:

They also worked on the song during 2021. Along with another called LOVE IN A LETHAL DOSE.

So is Love in a lethal dose still a possible future release?

Edited by Stimpler

Multiple versions of Love in a Lethal dose have leaked over the years. The first was clearly Avicii-produced. The second leak featured SZA on guest vocals. The third and most recent sounds like it came from the Viva era and has a long acoustic guitar jam session at the end.

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, Xylobryte7 said:

I call BS lol

Most of the songs that he mentioned do have proof of existence, even other songs from AHFoD like The Race 2021/MOTS (which hasn't leaked...) (but I imagine he left off the list because they probably scrapped it because of the leak of the 2017 version)

47 minutes ago, m4racide said:

Most of the songs that he mentioned do have proof of existence, even other songs from AHFoD like The Race 2021/MOTS (which hasn't leaked...) (but I imagine he left off the list because they probably scrapped it because of the leak of the 2017 version)

That’s why it’s BS. Because it’s all known songs/demos that we’ve already heard, or are rumored to be on Moon Music from previous information. 

• Like 2

The problem is, it just feels like Deja Vu at this point. In 15 years of using these forums, it's the same thing I've seen around every album release and 99% of the time it's eventually proven to be BS. The only exception I can think of off the top of my head -  was someone saying they met Chris on a flight and he told him about the next album being called Ghost Stories. That was cool when it was confirmed to be true. So almost by default everything people say at this point, unfortunately, is most likely untrue 🙂

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3

21 minutes ago, Xylobryte7 said:

That’s why it’s BS. Because it’s all known songs/demos that we’ve already heard, or are rumored to be on Moon Music from previous information. 

You know it's strictly against the rules for anyone to really provide any proof (such as snippets), so that kind of reinforces the fact that it's just word of mouth.

• Haha 1

No offsense but I also am pretty skeptical. In 2019 someone named Kirboh had the entire Discord convniced Coldplay's next album was called Fools Gold and he put together a super believable tracklist and had hundreds of people convinced. I even think NME ran an article referencing the rumor. It was pretty epic trolling to the point where it was hard to be mad at him. 

The fact that all of the songs mentioned here are ones we've already heard about + some general sounding titles feels sus to me. Not that I don't believe artists or their labels do focus groups, I just doubt they'd share the files with people.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

15K pounds is able to buy a source to have a direct tap into the band's work folders. They do have a cloud some where. Someone in the labels is also getting their files for the hardcore fans. Because hardcore fans are crazy about unreleased music and they will pay 2000 us dollars for each track.

9 minutes ago, Kaleidoscope said:

Then she managed to send her files to multiple fangroups. Eventually we see the mass leak here.

Very classy post I must say, Addy. However, I had little to no connection to the mass leak. It was all your friend Matty! I'm sure here's around here somewhere. Seems he also owns a website for artist leaks called vault.fm. Anyways, no need to air out our dirty laundry on here, so if you have a problem, bring it up to me. 

2 minutes ago, m4racide said:

Very classy post I must say, Addy. However, I had little to no connection to the mass leak. It was all your friend Matty! I'm sure here's around here somewhere. Seems he also owns a website for artist leaks called vault.fm. Anyways, no need to air out our dirty laundry on here, so if you have a problem, bring it up to me. 

Who is Matty? Seems like someone completely unnoticeable.

38 minutes ago, Kaleidoscope said:

How can you be so sure mate. Do I need to drop a snippet here?

All I'm saying is I've seen hundreds of accounts say this exact kind of thing over the years and it almost always ends with the same outcome. So naturally you can understand if we're feeling a little sceptical. That's all it is, scepticism, nothing personal. I've also worked with record companies, labels, artists etc. in a number of roles for over a decade and some things just jump out to me as not 'adding up quite right'. But we'll all find out one way or another, right? If you're right, it's just a matter of time until you can say, "I told you so!" 🙂

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Posted (edited)

I actually know Chris Martin personally (I just got back from Wetherspoons, we were having dinner together) and he actually told me the track list for the next album.

1. The Race
  2. Higher Power (Hello Steve Reich Mix by James Murphy for the DFA)
  3. The Man Who Swears
  4. UFO iv
  5. Good Feelings
  6. Broken (alternate version)
  7. Weirdo
  8. Videotape (Radiohead cover)
  9. Quantum of Solace (Viva La Vida-era demo Bond theme)
  10. Lhuna (feat. Kylie Minogue)
  11. Ashford International (twenty minute sound recording of trains and announcements at Ashford International train station)
  12. She's An Alien (hidden track; Coldplay/Beatles co-written)

The album comes in at just under an hour long, and will be free to owners of Music of The Spheres Volume 1 (on iTunes only). He said that there's an extended version of Ashford International that might be included on the deluxe Kids Bop version, and that depending on fan reception they may released an extended version of the album next year with A View From The Top and a cover of the entire The Next Day album by David Bowie, including the bonus tracks.

Edited by Doomotron
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 6

1 hour ago, lennyrott1 said:

No offsense but I also am pretty skeptical. In 2019 someone named Kirboh had the entire Discord convniced Coldplay's next album was called Fools Gold and he put together a super believable tracklist and had hundreds of people convinced. I even think NME ran an article referencing the rumor. It was pretty epic trolling to the point where it was hard to be mad at him. 

The fact that all of the songs mentioned here are ones we've already heard about + some general sounding titles feels sus to me. Not that I don't believe artists or their labels do focus groups, I just doubt they'd share the files with people.

I WILL NEVER GET OVER THE VIDEO JIMMY POSTED OF HIM GOING TO CHRIS at a benefit show:

"Play Monkey's Paw!" and Chris responding in confusion saying, "Don't put this on TV how do you know that one?" - That completely sold the entire Discord server...

...in reality Jimmy said "play Trouble in Town" and edited it rather convincingly (which, funnily, also wasn't out at the time of the video.....)

Edited by GamingForeverAUS
  • Haha 4

On 3/22/2024 at 6:59 PM, nvdmm said:

Wow! I haven't visited the forum for two years and I'm extremely glad it's still the place we can all call home. To see it still buzzing with activity gave me a sense of nostalgia harking back to the days of X&Y and Viva La Vida being released. I haven't kept up with the band but I just hope they keep their promise and close the chapter within the next couple of years. I have absolutely zero hopes for Moon Music but of course it would be nice to have at least one good song on it, unlike MOTS. The masterpiece that was Everyday Life reinvigorated my love for the band and I just hope they finish it with a bang🥰

What you even hated Coloratura?

2 hours ago, Doomotron said:

I actually know Chris Martin personally (I just got back from Wetherspoons, we were having dinner together) and he actually told me the track list for the next album.

1. The Race
  2. Higher Power (Hello Steve Reich Mix by James Murphy for the DFA)
  3. The Man Who Swears
  4. UFO iv
  5. Good Feelings
  6. Broken (alternate version)
  7. Weirdo
  8. Videotape (Radiohead cover)
  9. Quantum of Solace (Viva La Vida-era demo Bond theme)
  10. Lhuna (feat. Kylie Minogue)
  11. Ashford International (twenty minute sound recording of trains and announcements at Ashford International train station)
  12. She's An Alien (hidden track; Coldplay/Beatles co-written)

The album comes in at just under an hour long, and will be free to owners of Music of The Spheres Volume 1 (on iTunes only). He said that there's an extended version of Ashford International that might be included on the deluxe Kids Bop version, and that depending on fan reception they may released an extended version of the album next year with A View From The Top and a cover of the entire The Next Day album by David Bowie, including the bonus tracks.

Hahaha! Okay, but this comment is gold! 💛👏🙌🙌🙌 

• Love 1

10 hours ago, lennyrott1 said:

Multiple versions of Love in a Lethal dose have leaked over the years. The first was clearly Avicii-produced. The second leak featured SZA on guest vocals. The third and most recent sounds like it came from the Viva era and has a long acoustic guitar jam session at the end.

Where can I find this 3rd version? 😮