✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

🌕 Coldplay: Moon Music 🌕 | Music of the Spheres vol ii | Discussion

Doomotron

On 2/2/2024 at 7:14 PM, Stanz2500 said:

Don't know if this means anything. Check out Dakota Johnsons Instagram. She just posted a reel about something coming March 1. The reel has a moon and she mentions a video. Maybe a music video for an upcoming single?

apparently it's just for a teatime book club... the wait goes on

On 2/26/2024 at 9:12 PM, RizzMountain said:

apparently it's just for a teatime book club... the wait goes on

Ah that's ashame, came back on here just to check if there was a surprise release happening this Friday or not haha. Has there been any updates on the actual May album release, I keep reading on this thread people saying September but I've not been able to find an actual source in any interviews etc?

42 minutes ago, BlueMonkey said:

Ah that's ashame, came back on here just to check if there was a surprise release happening this Friday or not haha. Has there been any updates on the actual May album release, I keep reading on this thread people saying September but I've not been able to find an actual source in any interviews etc?

All I know is that Guy had mentioned by word to some people that MM will come in September. I'm sure they are facing delays because of their legal battle right now. 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Stanz2500 said:

I'm sure they are facing delays because of their legal battle right now. 

That's a good point to bring out. Coldplay currently posting video of dreaming about Athens on June 8 makes me think they have no hope of releasing any new music in near future. Maybe playing something new in a concert is their only hope. 😆

When MOTS1 came out in 2021 I thought (among others) that it would be about a year until MOTS2 would come out, based on the suggested 'end' of Coldplay being 2025. If you'd told me in 2021 that we're looking at a release late in 2024 I'd have thought you were joking. The reason I started this thread so early was because I thought it wouldn't be long until it came out and that if I didn't start it someone else would at a similar time (actually I think someone did make another MOTS2 thread that was merged with mine).

I really hope the lengthy wait will be worth it.

Edited by Doomotron
  • Sad 1

• 2 weeks later...

With the recent leaks it might be worth considering what could be on the next album beyond the songs we already know are or were meant for it. While I always hope for a proper release of The Race I'll be cautious to put it on any suggested tracklist like I did for MOTS1. Tomorrow jumps out to me as being the most obvious inclusion as it sounds finished and is overall a high quality song. It has issues but I'd be happy for it to be released as it is now. As for the other recent leaks I'm not completely convinced by any of them, but since they have been mentioned before Weirdo and Car Kids are likely or at least possible inclusions. I have no hope of Wedding Bells and Famous Old Painters ever releasing, unless the dodgy accounts on here that speak very vaguely about the leaks are correct about the final album.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Doomotron said:

With the recent leaks it might be worth considering what could be on the next album beyond the songs we already know are or were meant for it. While I always hope for a proper release of The Race I'll be cautious to put it on any suggested tracklist like I did for MOTS1. Tomorrow jumps out to me as being the most obvious inclusion as it sounds finished and is overall a high quality song. It has issues but I'd be happy for it to be released as it is now. As for the other recent leaks I'm not completely convinced by any of them, but since they have been mentioned before Weirdo and Car Kids are likely or at least possible inclusions. I have no hope of Wedding Bells and Famous Old Painters ever releasing, unless the dodgy accounts on here that speak very vaguely about the leaks are correct about the final album.

You remember when people were going on and on about The Race and Good Feelings? Nobody believed it, look what happened

There's already a few tracklists for Moon Music going around, and there's around 12 songs being on it, I'm curious to see what people's setlists look like

• Like 1

7 hours ago, The Jordanator said:

Tomorrow is an old Mylo Xyloto era demo, it has next to no chance of any future release.

I wouldn't say it has next to no chance of releasing, People of The Pride evolved out of an old Viva La Vida demo and Gravity was a Parachutes demo initially.

But of course, nothing is confirmed.

4 minutes ago, Doomotron said:

I wouldn't say it has next to no chance of releasing, People of The Pride evolved out of an old Viva La Vida demo and Gravity was a Parachutes demo initially.

But of course, nothing is confirmed.

Yeah but Tomorrow was scrapped in favour of Fun, especially now it's leaked that's even more doubtful

• Like 1

18 hours ago, The Jordanator said:

Tomorrow is an old Mylo Xyloto era demo, it has next to no chance of any future release.

Demo compilations are planned for after Coldplay / LP12

On 2/24/2024 at 7:21 AM, Doomotron said:

Right, it's in my head, now where is the evidence?

Well, we've got the evidence right now with the leaks 

On 2/23/2024 at 2:43 PM, huevos con pan said:

He's a wise man 

I told you, he's a wise man

Honestly the fact People of the Pride ended being the Man Who Swears make me feel like any Coldplay demo could possibly resurface as completely reworked song at anytime. Given the magnitude of the recent leaks, I'd be shocked if there wasn't at least one song on Moon Music (excluding the rumored Jupiter and Good Feelings) that borrows some element of one of the demos that leaked. 

• Like 1

Glastonbury 2024 headline announced, plus a moon emoji next to the post. My interpretation of this is either a single before the festival in June, or a new song or two played live, which would be fun. Kicking myself for not getting tickets 

people seem to hate the headliners this year though so resale might be more viable

Screenshot 2024-03-14 at 13.57.43.png

6 hours ago, RizzMountain said:

Glastonbury 2024 headline announced, plus a moon emoji next to the post. My interpretation of this is either a single before the festival in June, or a new song or two played live, which would be fun. Kicking myself for not getting tickets 

people seem to hate the headliners this year though so resale might be more viable

Screenshot 2024-03-14 at 13.57.43.png

The chance for a single release in May is now really high! 😍

Edited by maeli

15 hours ago, lennyrott1 said:

Honestly the fact People of the Pride ended being the Man Who Swears make me feel like any Coldplay demo could possibly resurface as completely reworked song at anytime. Given the magnitude of the recent leaks, I'd be shocked if there wasn't at least one song on Moon Music (excluding the rumored Jupiter and Good Feelings) that borrows some element of one of the demos that leaked. 

You'd be surprised how far some of the Moon Music demos go back. Some of them go as far back as Ghost Stories, Mylo, and even Viva.

• Wow 1

On 3/14/2024 at 8:33 PM, m4racide said:

You'd be surprised how far some of the Moon Music demos go back. Some of them go as far back as Ghost Stories, Mylo, and even Viva.

That doesn't necessarily mean they were recorded in connection with Moon Music. The leak includes some older material.

10 minutes ago, thomasPh said:

That doesn't necessarily mean they were recorded in connection with Moon Music. The leak includes some older material.

The Only One has a direct link from Ghost Stories to MOTS 1 & 2. Same with a few of the other songs that've leaked as part of that batch.

• Wow 1

1 hour ago, m4racide said:

The Only One has a direct link from Ghost Stories to MOTS 1 & 2. Same with a few of the other songs that've leaked as part of that batch.

Dbree seems to be down, whether it's a temporary thing or not I don't know. Was The Only One just a snippet?