✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

Linkin Park

Hicksy

• Replies 401
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'll paraphrase a comment I read about this tragedy: no doubt a lot of people listened to LP to deal with their own problems, so its ironic when the singer of that band had to leave this way.

Apparently, also, I read he and Chris Cornell were good friends, so when he passed earlier this year, this couldn't have helped....

RIP

• Like 3

I'll paraphrase a comment I read about this tragedy: no doubt a lot of people listened to LP to deal with their own problems, so its ironic when the singer of that band had to leave this way.

Apparently, also, I read he and Chris Cornell were good friends, so when he passed earlier this year, this couldn't have helped....

RIP

today was also Chris Cornell's birthday, apparently. :(

this hit me much harder than i expected it to. i haven't followed Linkin Park much in the last decade, but spent a lot of my time as a kid listening to their first few albums. Chester was a really talented guy and it's so sad that he had to live with all of the issues he had in his life. RIP. :heart:

• Like 2

I'm really broken. LP music was a very important part of my life when I was a teenager. It helped me in my darkest times and gave me strength to move on. I'm sure Chester has given hope to many people with his music, but it's sad to know that it wasn't enough to save himself. RIP Chester, we'll never forget you.

• Like 4

I was about to start listening to some Linkin Park music this morning when I heard the news.

Although I can't say this for myself, I'm sorry for all the fans that to some extent knew him and were inspired by him.

It sounds weird posting it like this but at least I said something. Stay alive people, it's worth it. It gets better. :heart:

• Like 2

I've been really struggling these past two days to the extent I can't get any sleep. He was someone very special to me and I feel immense pain when thinking about all that happened in his life and how he couldn't overcome the battle even though he experienced so much that was positive ever since he had his first child.

I think all of us LP fans need to unite as a community to highlight his tremendous achievements and the fact he moved, changed and saved millions of people with his artistic outpouring and commitment to the betterment of all those he touched. Lets keep his legacy alive forever and help fight mental illness and depression. It's what he would have wanted.

• Like 4

I've been really struggling these past two days to the extent I can't get any sleep. He was someone very special to me and I feel immense pain when thinking about all that happened in his life and how he couldn't overcome the battle even though he experienced so much that was positive ever since he had his first child.

I think all of us LP fans need to unite as a community to highlight his tremendous achievements and the fact he moved, changed and saved millions of people with his artistic outpouring and commitment to the betterment of all those he touched. Lets keep his legacy alive forever and help fight mental illness and depression. It's what he would have wanted.

it's still hard for me to process. especially now watching videos like that one posted above and seeing how much he was trying to overcome everything, but sometimes it's just not possible...

i agree, it's important i think to appreciate his impact and the way that he talked about his own issues with mental illness, because it's not like it's always the same for everyone. some people can find ways to live alongside their issues and maybe even move past, but for others there's no escape in life, it doesn't matter if you can recognize the reasons why and know tricks for coping or even seek professional help. it doesn't matter if you have periods in your life when things are good. for some people it will never go away, but not everyone understands that and i think that's when people start to get the wrong ideas about mental illness in general but particularly when it comes to suicide as well.

even if i haven't really been an LP fan in a long time, i still feel a lot of grief and i hope he at least knew how many people he had an impact on and how many people cared about him. he deserved to know that.

• Like 4

I've been so devastated by this. I cared about him and his band since I was a kid.

RIP and may God bless his family and friends with healing. I'm so sorry to everyone close to him.

My heart aches since the day this happened.

• Like 4

I've been so devastated by this. I cared about him and his band since I was a kid.

RIP and may God bless his family and friends with healing. I'm so sorry to everyone close to him.

My heart aches since the day this happened.

So sorry to hear :( It must be really hard if you grew up with the band. Just know that we are here to listen if you want to talk to someone about it. Stay strong :)

• Like 2

Linkin Park was the band who opened me to the world of Music. Chester was my idol. I'm really destroyed, A part of my life and of the lives of LP's family is gone now, and everything will be different. It's still hard to write something but i see a whole family with the same scar, the same sadness. May this sadness unite us all. Long live Music.

• Like 3

In middle school I was obsessed with both Linkin Park and Coldplay equally. The only two CDs I carried were AROBTH and Hybrid theory. I had a hard time in middle school and turned to music to make sense of my feelings. I have so many memories of enjoying linkin park and feeling stronger inside by listening to their music. I first bought converse shoes because I saw Chester wearing them and I wanted to be cool like him. I started to become more of a coldplay fan after minutes to midnight but I always considered myself an LP fan.

When I first heard the news I couldn't believe it. I thought it would be a stupid hoax. But then saw it wasn't and I just went numb. I didn't want to feel anything because I was at work so I just put it in the back of my head until I drove home. Then when the radio was playing all linkin park, it hit me. I've been heart broken since then, and I keep wishing it wasn't true. I really feel pain and sadness for this loss. I never realized what he was going through, so I was shocked by this. I've cried many times and still do when I think about the fact that he's gone. I also feel anger and guilt because I didn't appreciate them like I should have before this. Why did this happen for me to go back to their music?? I was planning to see them in concert later this year, even if I hadn't followed them closely these past years I was excited to see them for the first time. Now I'll never get the chance. At least not with chester. I think other people here have expressed themselves more clearly, but I think I needed a place to just let out what's been in my head this past week. I'm just listening to nothing but linkin park and feeling so sad :(

• Like 4

So sorry to hear :( It must be really hard if you grew up with the band. Just know that we are here to listen if you want to talk to someone about it. Stay strong :)

Thank you, I've been handling it fairly well. There are some people who are seriously struggling with his death and can't stop crying. Unfortunately, my best friend killed himself back in March so this is something I've already experienced. The thing was that Chester's death just triggered the emotions of that experience again.

I am hoping the people who are still crying and grieving heavily over it get help or talk to people.

• Like 4

I was waiting for them to do a cover, and I am so glad they did. Definitely brings up the pain again! :'( When I was in my obsession for both LP and Coldplay I wondered if my two favorite bands knew each other and wished they were friends. Seeing that Mike saw this cover and liked it is heartbreaking, because of the reason why it happened :broken_heart:

• Like 2