August 8, 201016 yr I went out to pick a fight.... http://coldplaying.com/forum/showthread.php?p=4368817#post4368817
August 8, 201016 yr didn't say anything contrary. " I don't believe one can ever be sure of what they 'are' and what they're not."
August 8, 201016 yr they added Neighborhood #3/Rebellion on the vevo Youtube Channel from the webcast [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7vS5crSXJ6k]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7vS5crSXJ6k[/ame] ...so good! :D
August 8, 201016 yr " I don't believe one can ever be sure of what they 'are' and what they're not." You missed my point. Obviously they're not a post-rock band. I meant within the context of their various albums and sounds: parachutes early indie-rock sound vs. U2-ishness of AROBTTH etc.. Indanomati presumed there was a time when coldplay were the 'most' coldplay, and I rejected the premise.
August 8, 201016 yr they added Neighborhood #3/Rebellion on the vevo Youtube Channel from the webcast http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7vS5crSXJ6k ...so good! :D i hope this show will be released on dvd
August 8, 201016 yr Prepare to feel the wrath of the fans, Reilly. I thought it was good :wacky: Not as much as Neon Bible, but still a good album. It's all a question of taste.
August 8, 201016 yr I really do think if they were a new band and that was their debut album, nobody would care. It's average at the best, I could understand a 'meh' reaction but AF fans (Of which I definitely consider myself to be one) think its this gigantic album because there's a shitload of filler songs on it. But it's only average if you can look past the fact that they have completely thrown away their style and are now some kind of awful U2/Killers/Wilco/Coldplay/Petty hybrid (Yes that's right, I liken this music to be as bad as Coldplays new stuff). Oh and HI MP :nice:
August 8, 201016 yr I'm currently listening to Funeral for the first time in a while... ...and it's sending me to sleep :( New album is rather good to listen to in the car :)
August 8, 201016 yr Had a Funeral day last week, it's still incredible for me. What did you think of the new album? I ask because I want to personally slash you if your opinion doesn't exactly match up with mine.
August 8, 201016 yr I like the Suburbs, I haven't listened to it in great detail at home, only from the iPod in my car but it's a good album to listen to when bombing up the A303
August 9, 201016 yr The Suburbs video added :) [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TtbrY6QrgPw]YouTube- Arcade Fire - The Suburbs (Unstaged)[/ame]
August 9, 201016 yr The Suburbs listening party in a few minutes: http://tinychat.com/thesuburbs_listeningparty
August 9, 201016 yr I like the Suburbs, I haven't listened to it in great detail at home, only from the iPod in my car but it's a good album to listen to when bombing up the A303 you didn't like neon bible correct?
August 9, 201016 yr I really do think if they were a new band and that was their debut album, nobody would care. It's average at the best, I could understand a 'meh' reaction but AF fans (Of which I definitely consider myself to be one) think its this gigantic album because there's a shitload of filler songs on it. But it's only average if you can look past the fact that they have completely thrown away their style and are now some kind of awful U2/Killers/Wilco/Coldplay/Petty hybrid (Yes that's right, I liken this music to be as bad as Coldplays new stuff). Oh and HI MP :nice: YOU SUCKS SO MUCH ASS
August 9, 201016 yr I really do think if they were a new band and that was their debut album, nobody would care. It's average at the best, I could understand a 'meh' reaction but AF fans (Of which I definitely consider myself to be one) think its this gigantic album because there's a shitload of filler songs on it. But it's only average if you can look past the fact that they have completely thrown away their style and are now some kind of awful U2/Killers/Wilco/Coldplay/Petty hybrid (Yes that's right, I liken this music to be as bad as Coldplays new stuff). Oh and HI MP :nice: Well technically whatever ever a band does it's in "their" style, because they're performing it. The style might not be consistent, but it's still theirs. :tongue:
August 9, 201016 yr Oh my gosh, I saw Arcade Fire tonight at Lollapalooza, VERY close up front. It was an epic concert :)
August 9, 201016 yr Lucky people who get to see them! I wanna see them live so bad, but the only show in Paris is at a festival, so I'd rather see them at a real show.. Do you guys think they'll have a second leg of the tour? :uhoh: Also, I'm really getting into the Suburbs and I already love it! Need a few more listens and I'll be totally crazy about it^^ My fav song gotta be Suburban War so far, and Sprawl II is so beautiful as well :heart:
August 9, 201016 yr pfft they're actually likely to play in Paris. I think I may have to travel to see them...
August 9, 201016 yr I really do think if they were a new band and that was their debut album, nobody would care. It's average at the best, I could understand a 'meh' reaction but AF fans (Of which I definitely consider myself to be one) think its this gigantic album because there's a shitload of filler songs on it. But it's only average if you can look past the fact that they have completely thrown away their style and are now some kind of awful U2/Killers/Wilco/Coldplay/Petty hybrid (Yes that's right, I liken this music to be as bad as Coldplays new stuff). Oh and HI MP :nice:I haven't read anything in this thread, just seen the quotes of your post on the last page so I went back to quote it as well... I'm sorry but I agree with Reilly! :uhoh: I listened to it and although I wouldn't call it an "awful" hybrid, I still think there's nothing new on this album. It reminded me of other bands / older records and it flows nicely as background music while at work but there are no songs standing out for me. Yet I heard everywhere it would be "sooo awesome" so I listened to it... the German magazine Musikexpress even said "Arcade Fire give us the first big Indie album of this decade" which I don't really understand now after listening. This is the only album of the guys I listened to btw. (another :uhoh:) :escaping3:
August 9, 201016 yr I haven't read anything in this thread, just seen the quotes of your post on the last page so I went back to quote it as well... I'm sorry but I agree with Reilly! :uhoh: I listened to it and although I wouldn't call it an "awful" hybrid, I still think there's nothing new on this album. It reminded me of other bands / older records and it flows nicely as background music while at work but there are no songs standing out for me. Yet I heard everywhere it would be "sooo awesome" so I listened to it... the German magazine Musikexpress even said "Arcade Fire give us the first big Indie album of this decade" which I don't really understand now after listening. This is the only album of the guys I listened to btw. (another :uhoh:) :escaping3: Agreed. I still think it's a very average album. and as Reilly said, if this was their first album, no one would care. I'm really sad that I don't like it. Maybe I was just expecting too much...
August 9, 201016 yr pfft they're actually likely to play in Paris. I think I may have to travel to see them... Thanks! Well they better :mean: Travel? Like how far? Also, I agree that the Suburbs isn't as brilliant as their first 2 albums, but still I love it :nice:
Create an account or sign in to comment