🌙 COLDPLAY ANNOUNCE MOON MUSIC OUT OCTOBER 4TH 🎵

Random Coldplay thoughts...

alyssa

Guest diogo_sg

Glad to hear your trip is going well @I ran away. It's been great reading about your adventure and I can't wait for more details! Hope you have an amazing day there in NY ;D

Early use for the earplugs I bought for the Coldplay concert due to a crackpot sitting next to me loudly proclaiming stuff like "Jesus only had 24 chromosomes" and "9/11 is connected to the Bible" :D

New York, New York... :)

Oh my lol :dead:

Stay sane, my friend :happy:

@I ran away wooohooo ....enjoy....when you fly wont you take me too?

I'm with you :D

oh oh oh oh oh oh oh oh oh

fearless together

you said ‘we’ll go through this together’

when you fly won’t you

won’t you take me too?

in this world so cruel

I think you’re so cool

The only thing that could ruin my adventure now is if my fan pass won't be accepted cause its under a different name....oh please let the security not be so tight

everything will be perfect...think positive

i'm sending you my positive thoughts

fingers crossed ;)

• Like 1

Puuuugh close call !!!

They went through the line to hand out plastic passes, but did not check ID. They asked "name" ? and I said the name of the person who gave me her fan pass...then she said "it's not on the list"

They took a close look at the printed fan pass pdf and then debated what to do. When they found out I am just one person they just gave it to me :D

• Like 8

Puuuugh close call !!!

They went through the line to hand out plastic passes, but did not check ID. They asked "name" ? and I said the name of the person who gave me her fan pass...then she said "it's not on the list"

They took a close look at the printed fan pass pdf and then debated what to do. When they found out I am just one person they just gave it to me :D

Wow great! How close to the stage are you?

I am so exhausted, every part of my body hurts and I have cramps in my right arm because of holding the cam up...but it was worth it ! :D

At first I could hardly see anything because of tall people in front of me, but then a kind lady noticed I had trouble and ushered me to squeeze into her "corner" which she had with her kid - and I ended up directly at the walkway, close to the stage ! Nearly unobstructed view and Chris passed within inches ! :D

• Like 9

By the way I would like to thank...

- @pickles12 !!! She is the one who offered me a spot on her fan pass and later, when she knew she couldnt make it, sent me the fan pass so that I can go ahead with it. Without her this dream would not have come true ! So I noticed a lot of people liked my 'on the road' updates yesterday night. Do me a favor and look up HER posts and like them so that she gets some forum recognition for this too !

- the kind lady with her daughter (who probably won't read this, but still...) who saved me from a spot behind two tall women and basically gifted front row to me !!!

• Like 4

I have a question:

Does anyone know why when Chris sings Viva la Vida live, every single time he sings the middle-end of the verses ("rule the world", "roll the dice", "sleep alone", "castles stand" etc) differently than the recording. Idk how to describe in musical terms but it's like he sings it upwards instead of downwards.

Studio

Live

Thanks for any insight you all may have

• Like 2

I have a question:

Does anyone know why when Chris sings Viva la Vida live, every single time he sings the middle-end of the verses ("rule the world", "roll the dice", "sleep alone", "castles stand" etc) differently than the recording. Idk how to describe in musical terms but it's like he sings it upwards instead of downwards.

Studio

Live

I have had this question for years !!!! I hate it when he does that :D Some people speculate its the Satriani settlement...

• Like 2

I have a question:

Studio

Live

Higher? I could't play this but I am musical and it sounds like you are describing him singing in a higher key. Could also be sharped notes.

• Like 1

^To all of the above, thanks for responding. I wondered if I was the only one to ever notice!

I ran away, thank you, that's exactly what I meant, I just couldn't think of the musical words for it. The MELODY is different on those lines for sure! And maybe it is the Satriani thing... If I remember right, that whole thing came out right before the Grammys in 2009 and if you watch the Lost+/Viva video, Chris does sing it in the "new" way at the show. Very interesting idea.

Great to read about your adventurous time, I ran away! Reminds me of many of my own Coldplay adventures.

Hope you felt the excitement despite some of the newer songs. :)

I had a random, anxious thought today that somebody at work might ask me to cancel some of my planned Coldplay shows for the summer. Just saw that three people (out of four) want days off during that time. Nooooooo! :|

• Like 2

Guest diogo_sg
I had a random, anxious thought today that somebody at work might ask me to cancel some of my planned Coldplay shows for the summer. Just saw that three people (out of four) want days off during that time. Nooooooo! :|

Ooh. Sorry to hear :/ but you don't have those days off already?