✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

VLV VIDEO COMING SOON!

iPsy

• Replies 148
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Lovers in Japan page[/url] in the tour program, so it's probably not in the video for VLV. :\ But who knows, maybe it's in a future LiJ video! :D

I thought the exact same thing when I saw that page! I thought there would be a LIJ video!

Are they trying to fool us? :lol:

Listen the song between 0:50 to 1:20

http://es.youtube.com/watch?v=CMcjXo8ZuqE

I like Coldplay very much, I follow them from Parachutes and I like very much Vivalavida, but this is a plaggio.

Actually, we've been over that already...really only a set of 3 notes is noticeably similar, and the tempo for those notes is a bit faster than in VLV. (Plus he's using a guitar instead of his voice.) It's not enough of a similarity to be more than a coincidence; there are a lot of songs out there.

You username is great, though. :P

I'm really starting to think this is part of a surprise launch of the new Lovers in Japan single/video. That page from the tour book is too enticing, and honestly, I think the ship has sailed on a VLV video. If they wanted it, it should have been out about two months ago. It's already faded from #1, so what's the point?

My two cents, anyway!

I'm really starting to think this is part of a surprise launch of the new Lovers in Japan single/video. That page from the tour book is too enticing, and honestly, I think the ship has sailed on a VLV video. If they wanted it, it should have been out about two months ago. It's already faded from #1, so what's the point?

My two cents, anyway!

They didnt release VLV remember, VLV got to No1 by suprise, no one knew it so when they planned it around August release they couldnt do anything if the song got up in the charts and who cares if the times gone and VLV is down the charts, I wanna see a FUKIN video. You dont need to release a song to get No 1 and have a video, thats silly but where Coldplay fans, we shouldnt care about sales figures or No 1s or whatever, I would be soo glad to see the video!!

They didnt release VLV remember, VLV got to No1 by suprise, no one knew it so when they planned it around August release they couldnt do anything if the song got up in the charts and who cares if the times gone and VLV is down the charts, I wanna see a FUKIN video. You dont need to release a song to get No 1 and have a video, thats silly but where Coldplay fans, we shouldnt care about sales figures or No 1s or whatever, I would be soo glad to see the video!!

I'm not disagreeing with you, but the corporate machine of EMI is probably demanding another proper single by this point. One that hasn't hit #1 in both the US and UK already.

I agree with you Professa95.

Then Arcade Fire would sound like Talking Heads, and Yes like the Velvet Underground, LIJ or Strawberry swing like the Beatles and Stone Roses, and Lost! like Adam and the Ants and there is a of lot Peter Gabriel, U2, Jon Jopkins and Eno on the album, and...

Who cares ? Coldplay have their own sound and their own approach. And it's brillant.:)

And what about the similities between Lovers in Japan's music and this?

http://es.youtube.com/watch?v=FK2IAyCuJ4U

And what about this??

http://es.youtube.com/watch?v=TSmfNxmaQHc

Yes, Life in Technicolor...

I'm a little dissapointed with all of this, but I like the album.

Yeah,

You're not winning any points by trying to force a comparison and stir up some controversy out of nothing. Look at it this way: there are only 7 different notes in a scale before the scale starts over again an octave higher. There are sharps and flats in between, different number of notes per measure, lengths of notes, different keys, etc., but what I'm getting at is there's only so much that you can do with music. And music has been going on for the better part of human existence. So to chastise someone for not coming up with "new material" or "original content" is kinda pointless, because after a while, there is no more original content. Like the other guy who thought Coldplay copied their song and turned it into Viva la Vida....he admitted that both of them could have copied off of Zelda's Lullaby from The Legend of Zelda series.

"I agree with you Professa95.

Then Arcade Fire would sound like Talking Heads, and Yes like the Velvet Underground, LIJ or Strawberry swing like the Beatles and Stone Roses, and Lost! like Adam and the Ants and there is a of lot Peter Gabriel, U2, Jon Jopkins and Eno on the album, and...

Who cares ? Coldplay have their own sound and their own approach. And it's brillant."

This is what Martin is looking for, that people recognize Lovers in Japan like a Coldplay sound., not like at Arcade Fire sound... and the same with 42 (the second part is 100% Radiohead).

Repeat, I like the LP, I like Coldplay, but I think that there are some dangerous details in this album.

You have to look at this from a business viewpoint, guys. Viva la Vida was huge, IS huge. And it did really well without anyone expecting it to.

Now, what would a video do? Generate more interest in the single. More interest equals more downloads/purchases. It's brilliant on EMI's part, and even better for the fans because we finally get a freakin' video.

And what about the similities between Lovers in Japan's music and this?

http://es.youtube.com/watch?v=FK2IAyCuJ4U

And what about this??

http://es.youtube.com/watch?v=TSmfNxmaQHc

Yes, Life in Technicolor...

I'm a little dissapointed with all of this, but I like the album.

Yeah,

i bet you could find loads of songs that sound similer to all the songs on the new album....but thats music for you...these sound nothing like lovers and LiT and Yes....the onlything similer to Lovers and the Arcade Fire song is the the drum beat...and thats only because its going at the same speed as Lover in Japan

I think people should stop trying to find and waist there time trying to find sound a likes for coldplay songs becos its kinda getting annoying

well yea, its a similar speed and its the same time signature. But thats the only thing. I can't see how that can be seen as ripping off. The drummer has to invent and use drum beats that match the song... and two drumbeats from different songs from hundreds of artists out there might just sound similar.