✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

[##CANCELLED - DISCUSSION PG138 ONWARDS] 09-Aug-09: Ford Amphitheatre, Tampa, FL

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I ended up doing a little better in the general sale - section 8 - so I have an extra pair for sale. The pair is in section 13, row C. Tickets are face value plus all of the ridiculous LN fees. Send PM if interested in these tickets.
Yeah, I did better on the general sale as well.

But I didn't buy anything on the presale though.

So is this still the Viva La Vida tour? I just saw them in Orlando in November, will I see a different set-list?

It's pretty much the same setlist, except that "Life in Technicolor ii" has been added, and I think the acoustic set is with "Green eyes" instead of "The Scientist"

This is the reply I got back from LiveNation

Dear Tracey,

Thank you for contacting Live Nation Customer Support.

We apologize for you frustration due to the Coldplay presale and sale. Please be aware that only a small allotment of tickets from throughout the venue were made available during the presale. The rest of the tickets were available during the general public sale. The best available tickets, such as ones in Sections 1, 2, and 3, always go first and for popular sales such as this can go literally within minutes. When you have over ten thousand fans attempting to purchase tickets unfortunately not every patron is going to get the best available seats. All ticket sales are first come first serve. I do understand that you were on our site right at 10 a.m., but an large amount of other people were also.

Again, we are sorry for any frustrations you might of experience, but I can assure you that all tickets were available for patrons to purchase.

Sincerely,

Jennifer

Live Nation Customer Support

Customer 02/22/2009 12:55 PM

Yeah didn't think you would

I can understand her response except for the point that "all tickets were made available for sale". I would think that there will certainly be additional tickets released, we can call her a liar at that point. Also, she mentioned that there were tickets in sections 1, 2 and 3, but their own seating chart shows a Pit. Can you reply back to here about the Pit?

I can understand her response except for the point that "all tickets were made available for sale". I would think that there will certainly be additional tickets released, we can call her a liar at that point. Also, she mentioned that there were tickets in sections 1, 2 and 3, but their own seating chart shows a Pit. Can you reply back to here about the Pit?

Yah, right! I highly doubt ALL tickets were available :dozey:

The closest tickets I got offered were on Sections 4 and 7;

hence, I ended up with two separate tickets in Sec 7

Sections 1,2, and 3 NEVER showed up, which means they were not available at all. Those are going to auctions/scalpers/those danged people :P

The Live Nation seating 3D chart clearly shows that most of sections 5,6 and 9 are premium seats and VIP boxes.

Ok, it's true certain amount of tickets were exclusively alloted for the pre-sale

(yet I think they could have been closer than the ones offered)

BUT don't tell us that "all tickets were available" because that's pure BS! :veryangry2:

<<I can assure you that all tickets were available for patrons to purchase.>>

This is such garbage. Then why were lots of tickets listed on brokerage sites even before the presale???

Garbage doesn;t even begin to describe it :angry:

Those sites are deceiving since they are completely speculating. Most of these brokers don't get the tickets til later, if at all.

This is the reply I got back from LiveNation

The best available tickets, such as ones in Sections 1, 2, and 3, always go first and for popular sales such as this can go literally within minutes. When you have over ten thousand fans attempting to purchase tickets unfortunately not every patron is going to get the best available seats.

Blah, blah, blah... what a big, fat lie.

Those sections were not available.

They likely went to roadies, radio stations, the venue's major employees, etc.

They didn;t go to fans, that's for sure.

As many fans Coldplay may have in Tampa, I doubt 10,000 of them tried to buy tickets on Feb 21 at 10am. :rolleyes:

Sorry, I just don't think so.

Yes. august needs to come pronto. I still need to buy tix for this show. i have raleigh and charlotte already. i just kinda ran out of cash...haha ouch

Who knows, waiting till you get cash for this show, you might get better seats than the rest of us got early!!! Good luck!

The yellow glow stick idea sounds awesome! I have a feeling they are making a live documentary again, like the Live 2003 album, how awesome would it be if our show was recorded because of the glow sticks.

That would be so awesome, Chris Martin is trying to get a live CD together for the summer and Autumn legs, each person going thru the doors that show their tickets get a free live CD of the band. He's trying to work on it. That is what I call a Band taking care of their Fans.

The yellow glow stick idea sounds awesome! I have a feeling they are making a live documentary again, like the Live 2003 album, how awesome would it be if our show was recorded because of the glow sticks.

So far I know that the shows for here, Charlotte and Raleigh are gonna have them, so we'll have more of a chance of getting recorded. :)

If they are filming, then they should allow cameras, I know when Aerosmith were here, they were recording a DVD and we didn't have to sneak them in.

I'm pretty sure you're allowed cameras. I had mine in Atlanta last year right next to security and they didn't stop me. Find out your venue's rules, I know that for Charlotte you're allowed to bring them too.

So far I know that the shows for here, Charlotte and Raleigh are gonna have them, so we'll have more of a chance of getting recorded. :)

I think you were the glowstick idea creator. correct? So we can give credit to you if this goes somewhere. I can be credited for my blue glowstick idea being shutdown hahaha :laugh3:. I cant wait.