✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

[##CANCELLED - DISCUSSION PG138 ONWARDS] 09-Aug-09: Ford Amphitheatre, Tampa, FL

Spies, if you want to go to a doallar store they have them there, if you want to come to section 8 before the concert, i am more than happy to give you and your friend a couple. closer to the date we can get better organized. I am gonna get them online and should get 50/100, how to get them in the venue will hopefully go smoothly.

I did recieve my tickets, go to the livenation site and email them about it, yours are probably coming soon.

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Spies, if you want to go to a doallar store they have them there, if you want to come to section 8 before the concert, i am more than happy to give you and your friend a couple. closer to the date we can get better organized. I am gonna get them online and should get 50/100, how to get them in the venue will hopefully go smoothly.

I did recieve my tickets, go to the livenation site and email them about it, yours are probably coming soon.

I'll defiantly be coming to section 8 before the show. You should give me a hand full so I can pass them out to people in section 14.

Yippie!!!! I am glad to give them out, I just figured it would be easier for people to come to sec.8 instead of me randomly walking around, just giving them to anyone. The more people in 1 area with the yellow sticks the better, it will show up alot more. I am just worried about how to get them in??? Do any of you think security at the gates will say NOOO WAY???:cry:

I will have to look around for a bag to carry in I guess, I am just used to smuggling a camera in, glow sticks will take up alot of room, LOL, maybe I will call the venue and explain the reason and what they are for, they might say no problem, or say no way, then I will have to sneak them. LOL

God, I'm suck a slacker for never posting before. I've been hiding for the past few months, it seems.

Anyhoo, I'm Ari. My dad got tickets for the Tampa show, which will also be my first-ever Coldplay concert. Kind of as a double birthday present for the two of us (I turn 14 three days before the show, and his is the 16th of August). Finally, my parents are letting me go to bigger concerts now, and it's cool that one of my first ones will get to be the band that I practically grew up listening to. I think the first Coldplay song I heard was Don't Panic back when I was three or four. ^^

We got lawn tickets, and I'm bringing yellow glowsticks! Woo!

^ Hi Ari!

That's nice your dad is going with you. Amazing that you have pretty much grown with Coldplay!

I'm glad the yellow glowstick idea is being embraced by everyone.

After I'm done with exams next week, I'll go to the dollar store to see if I can find some

*does the happy dance too* :dance:

God, I'm suck a slacker for never posting before. I've been hiding for the past few months, it seems.

Anyhoo, I'm Ari. My dad got tickets for the Tampa show, which will also be my first-ever Coldplay concert. Kind of as a double birthday present for the two of us (I turn 14 three days before the show, and his is the 16th of August). Finally, my parents are letting me go to bigger concerts now, and it's cool that one of my first ones will get to be the band that I practically grew up listening to. I think the first Coldplay song I heard was Don't Panic back when I was three or four. ^^

We got lawn tickets, and I'm bringing yellow glowsticks! Woo!

Hello Ari!!!! I think this is so cool your Dad and you are going!!! You 2 will absolutly love it!!! If ya need a glow stick come to sec. 8 and see me, I will be the crazy one to look for, won't be able to miss me, LOL. keep watching this thread closer to the time for any updates or info about meeting up.

Lola, I am excited:dance::dance:

The tickets got here nice and safe yesterday, finally!

My friend and I will be stopping by to pick up some, thank you so much! That's very nice of you to share that. Maybe closer to the date, I can get some more to distribute around so that a good amount of people have one? How amazing would that look? We're in Section 16, Row F; we should try to get some glow love around there, lol.

This reminds me of the Happy Birthday Chris signs from the last tour. I love it.

And anyone else counting down 'till August, already dreaming of some big surprise that we haven't seen yet? For the past 2 tours, I've held out for "Crests of Waves." One day I'll witness that live!

Did I hear Crests of Waves? :ears:

well well well..Miss Crests of Waves Wanted should be coming to this show bringing her banner, which the band already know very very well (maybe too much) :P

so keep your fingers crossed..you may never know :uhoh:

Did I hear Crests of Waves? :ears:

well well well..Miss Crests of Waves Wanted should be coming to this show bringing her banner, which the band already know very very well (maybe too much) :P

so keep your fingers crossed..you may never know :uhoh:

Are you coming to Tampa? :D

I'm hoping I won't be the only one waiting for the boys early at the venue :uhoh:

I'm hoping I won't be the only one waiting for the boys early at the venue

if my friend and i can get the day off work, we'll also try to get there as early as possible to see the guys! :D

For the past 2 tours, I've held out for "Crests of Waves." One day I'll witness that live!

i know what you mean, justspies. i love crests of waves and hoping they'd play that and only superstition one of these days! (and even though they've already played these live, i'm still wanting to see shiver, amsterdam and warning sign played sometime as well, lol).

Are you coming to Tampa? :D

I'm hoping I won't be the only one waiting for the boys early at the venue :uhoh:

Let's say I've got the tickets..but I want to book everything before saying I'm really coming :D

Once everything is settled we will decide what time we're arriving at the venue, though knowing me and my friends we should be there early :P

if my friend and i can get the day off work, we'll also try to get there as early as possible to see the guys! :D

Great! The more of us, the merrier!

Let's say I've got the tickets..but I want to book everything before saying I'm really coming :D

Once everything is settled we will decide what time we're arriving at the venue, though knowing me and my friends we should be there early :P

Oh, ok. I still hope you can make it.

I have gotten PMs from people who are coming to the city, and I have answered their questions about where to stay (hotels) and what to do (places to visit). IF anyone has questions, ask me!

Well my hubby works at the police dept, and I doubt as early as some of you, but I think about 2 or 3, I wish it could be earlier, but hubby has to sleep, maybe I will leave him home and make him drive the 2 hours alone??:thinking2::jester::lipsrsealed2: He'd kill me, LOL I might go over to the Hard Rock, I wonder if they are staying there?

Usually, they don't open the gates til later in the afternoon for parking so maybe they will open earlier for this show. Last time I think it was like 4 pm. But that could be different this time around. Last time they stayed in Miami. You know JayZ has house in Miami. Wait, this is the only show in Fla, so they may stay at Hard Rock. Their crew always stays close by like the Crowne at Ft. Lauderdale show. We just missed them at TGIF's next door the night before...our server gave us that depressing news. So we have some stalkers going to Tampa!!!!! :D I am staying at LaQuinta across the street.

Perfect Set-List (I hope they don't play clocks 3rd again like they did in Orlando)

Life In Technicolor

Violet Hill

Speed of Sound

Cemeteries Of London

In My Place

Strawberry Swing

Don't Panic

Yellow

Lost

Viva La Vida

Chinese Sleep Chant

God Put A Smile Upon Your Face (Techno Remix)

Talk (Techno Remix)

Yes

Clocks

X&Y

___________________________________(Encore One)_______________

Daylight

Lovers In Japan

Swallowed in the Sea

Yellow

___________________________________(Encore Two)_______________

The Scientist

The Escapist

^^yay! awesome : D what time does everyone plan on getting there? lol

10 AM

(ok, maybe around 11am. Nah, I wanna be super early SO that someone from the crew notices how excited/static/thrilled I am because Coldplay is in my town :D)

If the Amph hasn't opened the parking lot, then I'll park by one of the hotels nearby :P

I might go over to the Hard Rock, I wonder if they are staying there?

Well, they are other fancy hotels in Tampa, some are in downtown, others near the airport, BUT why would they not stay at the Hard Rock? :thinking:

Wait, this is the only show in Fla, so they may stay at Hard Rock. Their crew always stays close by like the Crowne at Ft. Lauderdale show. We just missed them at TGIF's next door the night before...our server gave us that depressing news. So we have some stalkers going to Tampa!!!!! :D I am staying at LaQuinta across the street.

Some stalkers live in Tampa :rolleyes:

Yeah, I really hope they do stay at the Hard Rock

(would make our search easier)

I would meet with other fans there while waiting for the venue to open.

Oh, and I would go also on Saturday or Monday morning to see if I can get to see the band :wideeyed:

Although, if they stayed in downtown, that's another story.

Getting around downtown is difficult if you don't work there or live nearby, but my internship is there, so I know the area well.

(ok, maybe around 11am. Nah, I wanna be super early SO that someone from the crew notices how excited/static/thrilled I am because Coldplay is in my town )

haha, yeah! you might be able to get an upgrade :) i still dunno what time i'll be getting there yet. stupid work. hopefully early, or it might end up being like Orlando, right when the opening act was playing, lol.

Some stalkers live in Tampa

Yeah, I really hope they do stay at the Hard Rock

(would make our search easier)

I would meet with other fans there while waiting for the venue to open.

Oh, and I would go also on Saturday or Monday morning to see if I can get to see the band

ooh, I'd like to see the band at their hotel or def. before the show...yeah, my stalker side might come out in august lol :wiseguy::laugh3:

my friend and i would love to meet with everybody while waiting too!