✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

[25-June-2011] Coldplay @ Glastonbury festival, Worthy Farm, Pilton, UK

Blazing_Javelin

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think the setlist is the best we could've reasonably hoped for. Princess of China, maybe.

People need to realize that Coldplay aren't going to play stuff like Spies, Amsterdam, Square One, etc. anymore. We should feel blessed to see the likes of Shiver, Everything's Not Lost, and Shiver a dozen years after they were first performed.

Loved the concert!

Tried to write down the setlist, but I'm not sure if it's correct:

MX + Hurts Like Heaven

Yellow

In My Place

Major Minus

Lost

The Scientist

Shiver

Violet Hill

God put a smile upon your face

Everything's not lost

Us against the world - Chris messed up xD

Politik

viva la vida

Charlie Brown

Life is for living

--

Clocks

What a Wonderful world (Glastonbury version)

Fix you

Every Teardrop is a Waterfall

I think U2 was very obviously better than Coldplay in this particular show. U2 were at the top of their game, Coldplay...wasn't.

I thought the general consensus was that U2 tried but failed (mainly because of Bono's massive ego). That's how I took it - and many others on twitter, facebook, local rags etc...

Loved the concert!

Tried to write down the setlist, but I'm not sure if it's correct:

MX + Hurts Like Heaven

Yellow

In My Place

Major Minus

Lost

The Scientist

Shiver

Violet Hill

God put a smile upon your face

Everything's not lost

Us against the world - Chris messed up xD

Politik

viva la vida

Charlie Brown

Life is for living

--

Clocks

What a Wonderful world (Glastonbury version)

Fix you

Every Teardrop is a Waterfall

i think that's correct!

awesome concert!

So I TOTALLY screwed up, I just got on my computer at around 5:30 US time, and I read somewhere that the concert would be on at 9pm, so I kept on thinking that was my time. I log onto veetle and as soon as it gets started, the band is taking their bows and they walk of stage :( I feel like crying right now, does anyone know where I can find the whole concert recorded online right now, or if someone online is replaying it? I truly can't believe I missed out on this. Thanks.

VH1 is airing the whole show later...not sure if it't 9 or 10, but someone on here will know.

I thought the general consensus was that U2 tried but failed (mainly because of Bono's massive ego). That's how I took it - and many others on twitter, facebook, local rags etc...

Did you watch the actual stream? Did you see how into it the crowd was? U2 had the whole place in the palm of their hand. Personally, I thought it was brilliant. Edge's guitar sounded amazing, Bono's voice was great (haven't heard With Or Without You sung that well in quite awhile) and it was just an overall top-notch performance.

That was really good. It showed real class and showed them all back at top form in their home turf.

Absolutely adore that it was a good mix of all eras (except X&Y because well, that was a figment of our imagination *bitter about it*) and that even the new songs went down with quite a decent crowd and viewer reaction (Charlie Brown was trending after being played with a generally positive reception).

Chris was just Chris as per normal. Absolutely adorable and so abashed all the time. Oh and messing up, could that be any more endearing (obviously not)?

This definitely brings back out the Coldplayer dominant side in me, and I can't wait for the album and the successive tour. And just because this was such a brilliant performance, even ETIAW didn't grate on me as much as it normally would.