✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

[3-June-2011] Rock im Park: Nürnberg, Germany [possible setlist and first YouTube videos in 1st post

Jenjie

Very nice to hear more of Johnny this time around, but I am not liking Hurt like heaven very much to be honest...I hope I will change my mind, but so far both new songs did not make a huge impact on me, unlike their previous material.

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've literally been reblogging Coldplay-related things on Tumblr for ten minutes straight.

I've been doing that since they've been releasing those teasers (almost 2 or 3 weeks now...) on Facebook...

WHAAAA WHAAAAT!!! :surprised: LOVE LOVE LOVE!!!!!

I really hope this is the official 1st single... because it totally blows ETIAW away!!!! lol I guess very beat driven song as we can hear from the quality.. but, when the bass wasn't so loud, it sounded epic! I am officially even MORE EXCITED!!! (if thats even possible) :lol:

EDIT: I should add that I'm not in anyway dissing ETIAW!! Nononono! I like the tune... its just that I like this one a whole lot more lol :P

I just came home now. I feel sleepy and exhausted^^

yesterday I was trying to get through to cping a few times but my internet didnt work so well that i finally gave up and enjoyed the concert instead of spending my time with typing messages. I m sorry.

I updated the setlist a little but sadly I dont remember it completely and i didnt write anything down.

They have not played lovers in japan and speed of sound I think! :uhoh:

they probably played daylight though.

they put butterflies inside the balloons :wacky:

Unconfirmed setlist

(New Song)

Clocks

Yellow

In My Place

(New Song)

The Scientist

God Put A Smile Upon Your Face

Lost!

(New Song)

Cemeteries of London

Politik

Viva La Vida

(New Song, "Walking Man" visuals on screen)

Fix You

(New Song)

Life Is For Living

Every Teardrop is a Waterfall

I just came home now. I feel sleepy and exhausted^^

yesterday I was trying to get through to cping a few times but my internet didnt work so well that i finally gave up and enjoyed the concert instead of spending my time with typing messages. I m sorry.

I updated the setlist a little but sadly I dont remember it completely and i didnt write anything down.

They have not played lovers in japan and speed of sound I think! :uhoh:

they put butterflies inside the balloons :wacky:

:stunned: DAYLIGHT?!?!?! I die. I die. I die. That is one of the THE songs I have ever ever yet to hear live. They HAVE TO COME TO MADISON SQUARE GARDEN!!!!!! I need to hear Daylight there... very happy they kicked it into the rotation! At least one can hope that it stays in rotation... :dance:

THAT SONG SOUNDS AMAZING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I cannot wait to hear it entirely!!!

Thanks guys for the videos!

When I heard the first notes of Hurts Like Heaven I was like :stunned:

The album sounds promising!!!! :)

cant wait for tonights recording! eventhough im not gunna be watching it! least we'll have some high quality videos!

on chris' guitar i made out some of the lyrics:

"~with a spray can soul"

"you use your mic as a weapon"

"got one eye on the road and one on you"

gettin excited for rock am ring now and lovin the new pix!! awesome find jeremyy!

Thanks for everything guys :)

I'm loving the '30s then 1 min and 30s' new song, it sounds incredible. I don't know about HLH, it just didn't make me feel anything. But it'll probably change with tomorrow's stream. But the lights are INCREDIBLE and ETIAW sounds really cool live, I love how Chris is really enjoying it :D

New songs aside for a second... I think the whole new live look is awesome... The circular-lights pattern thingys (don't really know what to call them) and the walking/running/flying man is awesome! And this is just a festival! Cant wait to see their new world tour stage!

Another thing I'm wondering about: with all these new songs being performed now... when's the album actually coming out? You'd think that Every Teardrop is like what Violet Hill was for Viva La Vida.... one of those singles you release two or three weeks before the actual album is released... So maybe LP5 comes soon??? I reckon Coldplay fans in general would be pretty angry to get an album with songs thats already been performed live for months...

New songs aside for a second... I think the whole new live look is awesome... The circular-lights pattern thingys (don't really know what to call them) and the walking/running/flying man is awesome! And this is just a festival! Cant wait to see their new world tour stage!

Another thing I'm wondering about: with all these new songs being performed now... when's the album actually coming out? You'd think that Every Teardrop is like what Violet Hill was for Viva La Vida.... one of those singles you release two or three weeks before the actual album is released... So maybe LP5 comes soon??? I reckon Coldplay fans in general would be pretty angry to get an album with songs thats already been performed live for months...

I think nowadays singles are dropped months before a new album drops, just to test the waters and do any last minute tweaking in the album before it goes to press... but thats just my opinion. I would suspect sometime in the summer.. maybe mid to late June, or possibly the end of summer.. fall maybe? But that would seem to be too much time if they are playing at least 3-4 new songs at these gigs.. hmmm...

I gotta think this one through... in the meantime I don't think ETIAW is the official 1st single.

1) ETIAW 2) Up With the Birds 3) Princess of China 4) Against the Wall 5) US Against The World ...6) ??? 7) ??? via coldplayfrance on twitter

i dont know how accurate this is though

There's Hurts Like Heaven too- the one with the walking man.

Thanks for everything guys :)

I'm loving the '30s then 1 min and 30s' new song, it sounds incredible. I don't know about HLH, it just didn't make me feel anything. But it'll probably change with tomorrow's stream.

This +1000.

On a related note...guys...can we just take a minute to note how different this Era Kickoff is for all the fans that joined this community after AROBTTH came out/the summer of 2002? Since then, there hasn't been anything even minorly approaching half an album's worth of songs debuted live, not to mention social media capturing a sizable portion of them.

We're used to getting one, maybe two singles, then a group of 10-12 songs. And then we frustratedly wait for 3 more years. No bootlegs, and usually no leaks.

Instead, this time around, new details and new songs (some of them maybe even not on the album) are going to keep coming out bit by bit at least for the next little while. And then a proper album with some more unheard songs will come soon after that, at which point the ones we've already heard will probably sound new, too, in a professionally recorded setting.

Needless to say, it's a memorable experience to have the discovery process be a continually evolving, multi-day, multi-week one, and for us to all find out everything together and be hitting refresh on these boards 8 billion times a day. :)

I think nowadays singles are dropped months before a new album drops, just to test the waters and do any last minute tweaking in the album before it goes to press... but thats just my opinion. I would suspect sometime in the summer.. maybe mid to late June, or possibly the end of summer.. fall maybe? But that would seem to be too much time if they are playing at least 3-4 new songs at these gigs.. hmmm...

I gotta think this one through... in the meantime I don't think ETIAW is the official 1st single.

I'm hoping we'll have an announcement on the date of release within the next two weeks at least... The Oracle said they decided on a date so they may as well tell us already!:\