✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

[3-June-2011] Rock im Park: Nürnberg, Germany [possible setlist and first YouTube videos in 1st post

Jenjie

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

One thing that strikes me with all the new material is how much more upbeat they sound.

Not necessarily saying I've been waiting for that from them, but since I don't think they'll make a better classic coldplay record than A rush of blood, I think a new direction is the best thing to do.

I can't bloody wait to get my hands on the next lp, and if there are 7 songs already prepared for live performances then surely it can't be that long from being finished.

10th October, if that is true, seems too long to wait!!!!

Ok, so far al three songs we heard are much better than the single, and nothing relate to the style/sound

I'm suspecting from the beginning that EMI has a lot to do with ETIAW going out as a first single...

That's why I asked since the first listen that a campaign against ETIAW should be going on..., in order that there's pressure to not include ETAW in the LP5 final tracklisting

Ok, I'm seriously struggling to not hear any of the new songs and wait till thursday when I can hear them properly live, not knowing what to expect., reading all the comments it's making it even harder :bomb:

There's only one thing I wanted to ask to those who went, was all the gig on the main stage or did they use a c-stage in the middle of the audience again? I need to understand what time to queue up, that's of vital importance :P

Ok, so far al three songs we heard are much better than the single, and nothing relate to the style/sound

I'm suspecting from the beginning that EMI has a lot to do with ETIAW going out as a first single...

That's why I asked since the first listen that a campaign against ETIAW should be going on..., in order that there's pressure to not include ETAW in the LP5 final tracklisting

It must be too late, Tracklisting must have been done now, I would have thought???

hey! But I like Every Teardrop is a Waterfall as do many other people! In the end it's Coldplay's record and they'll put whichever songs they like on it I think.:P

I mean this in the best way possible btw, not attacking you or anything.

Remember the record could still be on the final stage of mix for some songs...

Besides, they still have to master it... A good chance to let fans express what they feel, and yes, it's Coldplay and EMI final decision, always, of course, but 30% of fans disliking the song in the poll is not really a good sign, really ...

Ooh, I'm liking what I hear (new songs). I will only listen to them once before the album comes out - or I'll spoil the album for myself.

The new pictures... handsome Chris :wideeyed: :blush: :sweatdrop: :bomb: (Chris, stop judging me in my avi...)

:sweatdrop: Every sweatdrop is a waterfall. No? No? Anyone...? Okay, I'll just go back to my cave. :escaping2:

:P

Remember the record could still be on the final stage of mix for some songs...

Besides, they still have to master it... A good chance to let fans express what they feel, and yes, it's Coldplay and EMI final decision, always, of course, but 30% of fans disliking the song in the poll is not really a good sign, really ...

I would sign a petition, it doesn't even seem to fit in with the new songs anyway.

I think some fans were just disappointed with Every Tear cause it wasn't exactly what they expected. Especially after Christmas Lights. They wouldn't have disliked it as much if it wasn't a single... If Strawberry Swing (for example) was revealed before LP4's release fans would've been very very confused.

Anyway I'm OK with Every Tear ending LP5- most people agree it sounds fucking awesome live. A 'campaign' or 'petition' sounds a bit... well... just not on.

The only thing I'm slightly frustrated about is that the new album's release has been spoiled a bit by so many songs being played live before the time... That's the one thing that I just dont get...

Don't you want a Campaign? Listen to Arcade Fire fans opinion:

"Every teardrop is just a teardrop"

http://twitter.com/#!/ArcadeFireTube

What do you think?

hahaha hey you could give me George Bush's opinion- it wouldn't change mine. And I can't change your's. So I suppose we'll just have to see what happens, yeh? If ETiaW doesn't end up on LP5 I'd be disappointed, but I'll be OK with it. As long as an even better song fills its place.

And yeah maybe this single is just Coldplay testing the waters... I mean it doesn't have a video so in my eyes its not a proper single.

But signing a petition is just too agro I think. I wouldn't do it cause I like the song. And even if I didn't like the song- I'd appreciate the amount of work that's gone into it and stand by Coldplay.

Plus they already know some Coldplay fans don't like it- Debs Wild read about so many Coldplayers 'hating' the song yesterday.

Ok, I'm seriously struggling to not hear any of the new songs and wait till thursday when I can hear them properly live, not knowing what to expect., reading all the comments it's making it even harder :bomb:

There's only one thing I wanted to ask to those who went, was all the gig on the main stage or did they use a c-stage in the middle of the audience again? I need to understand what time to queue up, that's of vital importance :P

The usual queue-dominator of every Coldplay concert! ;)