✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

Every Teardrop Is A Waterfall (OUT THIS FRI(ROW)/SAT (UK)!!) - [Walking Man and Videos + GIFs + Scre

I'm sorry people, but we have to be realistic. I love Coldplay, but most of their lyrics SUCK. They are to ambiguous and an mean little. Is a fact, but the music is great, of course.ç

other bands make a lot of effort into the lyrics, like pink floyd or led zeppelin. are profound and almost philosophical. ( has some here heard "dark side of the moon" or "a passion play"?)

I think Coldplay has every intention of writing good lyrics, but the truth is that it is not his strenght

• Replies 4.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest howyousawtheworld
I'm sorry people, but we have to be realistic. I love Coldplay, but most of their lyrics SUCK. They are to ambiguous and an mean little. Is a fact, but the music is great, of course.ç

other bands make a lot of effort into the lyrics, like pink floyd or led zeppelin. are profound and almost philosophical. ( has some here heard "dark side of the moon" or "a passion play"?)

I think Coldplay has every intention of writing good lyrics, but the truth is that it is not his strenght

Led Zeppelin? No no no no no no no.

And Pink Floyd have some of the most boring guitar solos ever so both bands can keep their lyrics no matter how good they are. Pink Floyd are still decent.

Judgment

I agree that they need to evolve and do something different, but this different thing shouldn't lack in originality :/ I was expecting something magical lyrically, like they did in their previous albums. This is a little too simple and cheesy. I don't think they are 'evolving' cause it feels right to do it, but this might just sound a little too simple for what Coldplay is able to do.

Hate me if you want to, I love Coldplay, but I'm scared.

This is one song out of many to come. It is quite a bit too early as of yet to determine if they are evolving or not. Give the song and the album a chance. Don't Panic. The world isn't going to end before lunch. Whales will not fall from the sky (or will they?).

No hate intended!

Well, for one, they're Chris (and perhaps the entire band) expressing himself/themselves. I've come home from a long, disappointing day several times and been calmed down and comforted by Coldplay's songs.

No hate intended. We just all have our own opinions and that's perfectly fine

Yeah, sorry if I'm a little bit rude, I'm just nervous

I suppose that makes sense, sorry about the misunderstanding..

don't worry :)

Any sign of identifying the new Coldplay font?

I know that i know them (they are pretty common), but i'm not sure about the name

That's the whole truth right there.

That's alright, honestly I'm fairly nervous too! I want this song to be sooo good! I need something new to listen to after 3 years of nothing!

:D Yeah, i want it to. But just imagine the pressure that the guys must have upon their shoulders, so much expectation from everyone. It makes me shiver....:\

I am really looking forward to hearing the new song on Friday after having no new music from them in a few years. This honestly is a very exciting time... the anticipation of the first single, a new album, and upcoming tour dates. I know the boys must be under a lot of pressure and have really worked hard on the album. I cannot wait to hear it :)