✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

Every Teardrop Is A Waterfall (OUT THIS FRI(ROW)/SAT (UK)!!) - [Walking Man and Videos + GIFs + Scre

• Replies 4.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

*frustrated sigh* my my, this thread has gone a bit snarky, hasn't it?

personally, I am feeling VERY excited. Yes, the lyrics are a bit... eh... but we all know that Coldplay's lyrics aren't like Arcade Fire's or something. Realistic expectations, guys. :thumbsup: just not sure why they decided to release them independently of the music.

Besides, look at something like Fix You, that has lyrics like "if you never try you'll never know", and yet the song itself still gets thousands of people screaming at a concert, and my mom can't listen to the song without crying. Lyrics only do so much... If you disagree, look at a song like Hoppipolla by Sigur Ros- that song is fucking beautiful, and I can't even understand what they're saying! (and they're actually saying stuff like "I breathe through my nose", so... :P)

well said =)

I don't like all the speculation. (it's confusing and most of it isn't true)

Just be patient, and don't worry

Why do people become so upset when people just voice their honest opinion of the lyrics?

Because people just keep finding something to complain about like they WANT to hate it, but when it comes out theyll all go crazy for it.

I just want to hear it already!!! I'm not crazy about the lyrics either, but even if we know they don't really make the best lyrics, I think we also know that there's something about them, that later when you hear those songs makes you think they're just perfect.. at least that's how I feel.. and I'm sure that I'll end up liking it, if not now, than in a while.. it happens to me with every coldplay song :D

Why am I so afraid of a dissapointment?

am I the only one who has that?

No you're definitely not the only one, I am, and I think a lot of the other people who say "quit judging the lyrics before we get the song" are also scared whether or not they want to admit it.

I'm 100% sure that they are going to do the same of what they did with Violet Hill (digital release before, the phisical release and then the music video)

And it is confirmed that ETIAW is the 1st single of the album

When you say 100%, are you just speculating, or do you actually know...?

Because people just keep finding something to complain about like they WANT to hate it, but when it comes out theyll all go crazy for it.

how can you know what people will think about the song. Get over it, coldplay isn't perfect and not all their fans will like it.

Why am I so afraid of a dissapointment?

am I the only one who has that?

I think that's normal. There's so much anticipation and expectations are high that of course it can make u afraid of being dissapointed. Hang in there :D

It's probably been asked before, but why the 36 hour delay between the rest of the world & the UK release time?

because the UK chart figures start on a sunday at 00:01 so it'll start on a full week

(so says The Oracle :D )

because the UK chart figures start on a sunday at 00:01 so it'll start on a full week

This seems to be a good moment to say that I adore your avatar!

the napkin looks so great

oh, and the baby too :wink:

Bah

And for that reason I ain't buying it, I shall illegally download :P

Charts are meaningless these days, just look at it, how much crap is in there at the moment.