✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

Every Teardrop Is A Waterfall (OUT THIS FRI(ROW)/SAT (UK)!!) - [Walking Man and Videos + GIFs + Scre

• Replies 4.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

:) What are we up to guys?

1522 minutes left 'til the release of "Every Teardrop Is A Waterfall". Exciting stuff! :D

Arguing, arguing and more arguing. Unfortunately, there only seems to be a handful of people that are looking forward to new material.

Friday will be a great day!

:thumbsup: THIS ^ Everyone who heard the song last night at the private show, loved it. They said it was brilliant. So please, everyone who has doubts, JUST WAIT TIL FRIDAY!!!!

There was a private show/listening? Can you please share any more details if available?

I am super excited about the new song. I will be seeing them in chicago at Lollapalooza and was not expecting to hear any new material until after the festivals. Once we starting getting the lyrics I assumed they would merely announce the release date for the new album.

As to some of the opinions going on, I really don't care what they wear. i think they look amazing no matter what and I for one love the new outfits. As to the song, I have not heard it but am not worried at all about whether I will like it or not. I'm sure I will. x&y is my favorite album of theirs and it took a little time for me to get used to Violet Hill and other songs in the VLV album but in the end the album grew on me and I absolutely love it. :D

I completely understand this type of point of view :)

But for me, we know the band has had a hard time keeping together over the years. They've only managed it by almost breaking up on a number of occasions, and then at last coming together stronger and more united than before.

A large part of that seems to have been because they found a way to bond more strongly. In the Viva era it's so obvious how they did it - the costumes, the theme, the vision, the 'the whole world is against us let's show them what we can do!' spirit.

And how did that turn out? Incredibly, if you ask me! It's not my favourite album of theirs, or my favourite tour in some senses. I preferred the vibe and setlists during ARoBtTH and even Twisted Logic slightly (I wasn't lucky enough to see them on Parachutes).

Did it do some things better than previous tours? You betcha - it did a lot! It was more theatrical (in a good way), more cohesive, more varied, and much more consistent in quality. The boys looked like they were having the most fun ever since I first saw them in 2003. As far as I'm concerned they were enjoying it, for the first time, just as much as the crowd.

I pretty much hated Violet Hill the first twenty or thirty times I listened to it. It was too short, too different, too 'un-Coldplay'. Finally it broke through and I began to love it. Once I 'got' it I've loved it every single time I've heard it more and more, each time, and that never stops.

The Viva costumes? They made me sick at first - what nonsense was this? It was only seeing them live for the first couple of times - with the theme, their vision, their entourages' vision, their attitude, and their love for the music from everything they played all the way down to the clothes they wore - that everything fell into place.

And I absolutely loved it! The biggest band in my life just became an awful lot bigger in my eyes, even if some of the old songs were better than some of the new album.

Not much of VLV is 'classic' Coldplay to me now, though I still love it dearly and always will. 42, Violet Hill, DaAHF (live version), LiJ are standouts. The others all range from 'great' to 'very good'. There are no bum notes at all, for me. Lost was lots of fun live (and great for the mood!) LiT an incredible starter, and led on to the lovely LiTii, and Viva? Not my favourite song ever by them...again it took me many many listens to even accept it as - but when I did - oh boy!! And live? WOW...

Now we approach a new album. We have the guys again taking on a band identity with a group clothing theme. What did Viva teach me? Trust them on it! What else do I know? They might even not be together right now even making music if it wasn't for having this kind of band identity!

Lyrics? I don't care much. They've always been a mixed bag for me right from the band's start but they always fit the music, and never take away from it. More usually they add to it, greatly, and mostly you anyway would never have one without the other.

The artwork? I think it's cool enough, it's different from anything they've done before. Again, I'll trust them on it! Someone posted that street art shouldn't be done by anyone who's not working class. Perhaps that poster should get in touch with privately-educated Banksy and tell him that?! That's one of the most discriminatory things I've read recently, across a number of sites. And judging or even worrying about the music music based on artwork? I'm stunned.

I'm not aiming this post at anyone at all, and certainly not Chelsea whose post I quoted - it was just a starting-out point for me for a few thoughts :)

Everyone has a right to an opinion, everyone has a right to worry before the new music hits us. I'm just a bit surprised and sad that so many very negative views have been expressed. Perhaps - just a thought - that reflects more about the posters than the band (?)

Personally Coldplay have never let me down in the greater sense of things. Every album's brought new favourites. Every tour's been better, bigger, and brighter than the last. Every time I've worried about clothing or other such things they've proved me wrong, and themselves right.

And it's all happening soon! Bring it on I say, I'm ready for it all!!

:sunny:

Wow, just wow. You could not have said one word of that, any better.

I do hope people listen. :dozey:

There was a private show/listening? Can you please share any more details if available?

There was a private show (more like a rehearsal, actually) for friends and family of the band last night, I believe. One person said that the boys played seven new songs.

Here's the thread about it. :nice:

There was a private show (more like a rehearsal, actually) for friends and family of the band last night, I believe. One person said that the boys played seven new songs.

Here's the thread about it. :nice:

OMG! 7 new songs! Wow! Thank you so much! I can't wait for Friday to get here already! LOL! Off to read thread about the show. Thank you so much for the info! :D

OMG! 7 new songs! Wow! Thank you so much! I can't wait for Friday to get here already! LOL! Off to read thread about the show. Thank you so much for the info! :D

You're welcome! Friday will definitely be an exciting day. I really can't wait for Coldplay to perform again.

Arguing, arguing and more arguing. Unfortunately, there only seems to be a handful of people that are looking forward to new material.

Friday will be a great day!

:rolleyes: Aah, people need to chill out already.

Uh-huh! Roll on Friday! :) Only...when Friday comes, it'll mean my holidays are over and back to school it is.

I am super excited about the new song. I will be seeing them in chicago at Lollapalooza and was not expecting to hear any new material until after the festivals. Once we starting getting the lyrics I assumed they would merely announce the release date for the new album.

As to some of the opinions going on, I really don't care what they wear. i think they look amazing no matter what and I for one love the new outfits. As to the song, I have not heard it but am not worried at all about whether I will like it or not. I'm sure I will. x&y is my favorite album of theirs and it took a little time for me to get used to Violet Hill and other songs in the VLV album but in the end the album grew on me and I absolutely love it. :D

Im going to lollapalooza too :cool:!

Awesome! I hope to meet you there! I have never been to Lollapalooza so I have no idea what to expect. All I know is that it will be a great time :)

I haven't been to lolla either or any type of music festival so I definitely dnt know what to expect. Just wanna go see my favorite band and have a good time :D

Ooops. I offended the closet Lady Gaga fan.

I'm not a closet Gaga fan, I just don't think that your comment was 100% true. I don't really like the whole "Hey, I'll go to the grammys inside and egg" but since Viva Coldplay haven't really shown a "respectable image" thanks to the whole outfit idea.

I don't know if I make sense but seriously..

If I ever saw Radiohead or any other band I like do some outfit thing I'd kill myself.

I agree, they're completely within their rights to wear/do whatever. I guess the reason I'm just not so hot on their coordinated clothing (even with the all-black with X&Y) is that it smacks of this heavily-orchestrated campaign to me. We know they dress pretty normally in their free time, even when they're out at public events yet not with the other band members, and I don't know, the idea of them wearing carefully pre-planned and coordinated clothes to me helps move them towards the superficial pop side of the music spectrum. They're perfectly within their rights to be there too, but as someone who doesn't usually go for that type of music and marketing, it's a shame to me personally, especially when I think they have more to give and more to go on than gimmicky things like that.

Chris said in an interview a couple of years ago that just like sports teams wear the same outfits ,that's why they do it,because they feel like they are a team..

I haven't been to lolla either or any type of music festival so I definitely dnt know what to expect. Just wanna go see my favorite band and have a good time :D

I'm going to Lolla too! Never been to Chicago or any music festival at all. Looking forward to meeting all the coldplayers :)

http://www.guardian.co.uk/music/2011/jun/01/coldplay-every-teardrop-waterfall

Apparently it was scrapped, so the band are giving us an album which they originally thought was rubbish :blank:

I don't necessarily think that that means that they pulled the album straight out of the rubbish...I think it means they probably revisited and reshaped old ideas that they previously canned when the ideas that they first replaced them with didn't pan out. Despite me coming off as a Negative Nancy in this thread, I really do have quite a bit of faith in them musically.

And re: Pete's long post that I won't quote as not to take up more page space: I agree with almost everything you've said :nice:. I had a lot of the same experiences relating to VLV, with it/the whole era needing to grow on me, and in my heart of hearts, as different as LP5 could be, I think the odds are slim that I'll really dislike it. I'm just always going to be one of those fans that wishes they would do certain things that they're probably not going to go back to doing, but that doesn't mean I dislike the new stuff at all, either, and I think odds are good that I'll like LP5 too. I just consider their career in two kind of distinct halves, and I guess I know which one I like best.

I'm going to Lolla too! Never been to Chicago or any music festival at all. Looking forward to meeting all the coldplayers :)

:cool:

I've been to chicago, in the summer its so hot and humid. Im excited cuz my cousins live over there and in march I met my cousin who also like coldplay :D

Lets see if we bump into each other :P

I honestly think this is the end of my whatever fanish feelings I had for Coldplay. Like, I don't even know, OKAY?!

I BEG TO JUSTIN VERNON AND SUFJAN STEVENS that I like the single on Friday, but I'm most definitely not looking forward to it.

:cool:

I've been to chicago, in the summer its so hot and humid. Im excited cuz my cousins live over there and in march I met my cousin who also like coldplay :D

Lets see if we bump into each other :P

Yes, I hear it's very hot and humid there. Hopefully we do bump into eachother! I plan on getting there when doors open and standing in front of the barrier all day so I can be close to the stage they are performing on. At the last Coldplay concert I attended, I had front row center and want to be that close to them again :)

Yes, I hear it's very hot and humid there. Hopefully we do bump into eachother! I plan on getting there when doors open and standing in front of the barrier all day so I can be close to the stage they are performing on. At the last Coldplay concert I attended, I had front row center and want to be that close to them again :)

Omg I wanna do that too!! That just made me so excited to imagine being front and center! I mean ever since I was a kid, since I was 12 seeing coldplay music videos. I told myself one day I WILL be front and center at a coldplay concert. It makes my heart beat so fast to imagine this might be my chance! I can't describe how im feeling now. Except that the lines to the new song that resonate with me are " I feel my heart start beating to my favorite song..." :heart:

Omg I wanna do that too!! That just made me so excited to imagine being front and center! I mean ever since I was a kid, since I was 12 seeing coldplay music videos. I told myself one day I WILL be front and center at a coldplay concert. It makes my heart beat so fast to imagine this might be my chance! I can't describe how im feeling now. Except that the lines to the new song that resonate with me are " I feel my heart start beating to my favorite song..." :heart:

It's something that you will always remember... that's was one of the best moments of my life :) It's sooo worth it, trust me.