✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

Every Teardrop Is A Waterfall (OUT THIS FRI(ROW)/SAT (UK)!!) - [Walking Man and Videos + GIFs + Scre

• Replies 4.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This is The Sun...it's probably got a slightly accelerated drum beat so they've lumped a "dance" label on it.

Other people have said it sounds like VLV/LiJ which definitely aren't dance tracks.

:shrug:

Just gotta wait and see, it's only 12 hours away

You´re right, let´s just wait and hope that the song is more like VLV/LIJ then, cause those i really love!

And The Sun said, "It is crying out for SWEDISH HOUSE MAFIA to get their hands on it for anthemic Ibiza club nights."

That seems to contradict what the Oracle said though, so I'm not sure what to believe here.

maybe theyre intentionally confusing us :laugh3:

I completely understand this type of point of view :)

But for me, we know the band has had a hard time keeping together over the years. They've only managed it by almost breaking up on a number of occasions, and then at last coming together stronger and more united than before.

A large part of that seems to have been because they found a way to bond more strongly. In the Viva era it's so obvious how they did it - the costumes, the theme, the vision, the 'the whole world is against us let's show them what we can do!' spirit.

And how did that turn out? Incredibly, if you ask me! It's not my favourite album of theirs, or my favourite tour in some senses. I preferred the vibe and setlists during ARoBtTH and even Twisted Logic slightly (I wasn't lucky enough to see them on Parachutes).

Did it do some things better than previous tours? You betcha - it did a lot! It was more theatrical (in a good way), more cohesive, more varied, and much more consistent in quality. The boys looked like they were having the most fun ever since I first saw them in 2003. As far as I'm concerned they were enjoying it, for the first time, just as much as the crowd.

I pretty much hated Violet Hill the first twenty or thirty times I listened to it. It was too short, too different, too 'un-Coldplay'. Finally it broke through and I began to love it. Once I 'got' it I've loved it every single time I've heard it more and more, each time, and that never stops.

The Viva costumes? They made me sick at first - what nonsense was this? It was only seeing them live for the first couple of times - with the theme, their vision, their entourages' vision, their attitude, and their love for the music from everything they played all the way down to the clothes they wore - that everything fell into place.

And I absolutely loved it! The biggest band in my life just became an awful lot bigger in my eyes, even if some of the old songs were better than some of the new album.

Not much of VLV is 'classic' Coldplay to me now, though I still love it dearly and always will. 42, Violet Hill, DaAHF (live version), LiJ are standouts. The others all range from 'great' to 'very good'. There are no bum notes at all, for me. Lost was lots of fun live (and great for the mood!) LiT an incredible starter, and led on to the lovely LiTii, and Viva? Not my favourite song ever by them...again it took me many many listens to even accept it as - but when I did - oh boy!! And live? WOW...

Now we approach a new album. We have the guys again taking on a band identity with a group clothing theme. What did Viva teach me? Trust them on it! What else do I know? They might even not be together right now even making music if it wasn't for having this kind of band identity!

Lyrics? I don't care much. They've always been a mixed bag for me right from the band's start but they always fit the music, and never take away from it. More usually they add to it, greatly, and mostly you anyway would never have one without the other.

The artwork? I think it's cool enough, it's different from anything they've done before. Again, I'll trust them on it! Someone posted that street art shouldn't be done by anyone who's not working class. Perhaps that poster should get in touch with privately-educated Banksy and tell him that?! That's one of the most discriminatory things I've read recently, across a number of sites. And judging or even worrying about the music music based on artwork? I'm stunned.

I'm not aiming this post at anyone at all, and certainly not Chelsea whose post I quoted - it was just a starting-out point for me for a few thoughts :)

Everyone has a right to an opinion, everyone has a right to worry before the new music hits us. I'm just a bit surprised and sad that so many very negative views have been expressed. Perhaps - just a thought - that reflects more about the posters than the band (?)

Personally Coldplay have never let me down in the greater sense of things. Every album's brought new favourites. Every tour's been better, bigger, and brighter than the last. Every time I've worried about clothing or other such things they've proved me wrong, and themselves right.

And it's all happening soon! Bring it on I say, I'm ready for it all!!

:sunny:

:thumbsup:

This definitely helped me to accept the new era.

June 2, 2011 - submitted by Amy, United Kingdom

Q. Hi Oracle, I think this might be a stupid question, but is there a specific release date for the new album? And will I be able to hear the new song here or where do I stream it? That is probably a stupid question too!

Well hope you're enjoying your day

xx

The Oracle replies:

Yes there is but I can't announce it. Tomorrow just come back here to listen to the new single. Exciting isn't it?

So there is a release date. Exciting indeed :dance:.

June 2, 2011 - submitted by Amy, United Kingdom

Q. Hi Oracle, I think this might be a stupid question, but is there a specific release date for the new album? And will I be able to hear the new song here or where do I stream it? That is probably a stupid question too!

Well hope you're enjoying your day

xx

The Oracle replies:

Yes there is but I can't announce it. Tomorrow just come back here to listen to the new single. Exciting isn't it?

So there is a release date. Exciting indeed :dance:.

It would be cool if they used the song or even the video to give us more clues.

"COLDPLAY WROTE A DANCE TRACK."

Good god, I'd never thought I'd ever get to say that.

Well, from what I can tell from that Sun preview, it's hella good, and it will be a club jam.

Finally, I can have a Coldplay party that isn't just singing along and headbanging. Finally, I can rave to a Coldplay song (that isn't a mashup with Living On A Prayer by Bon Jovi)!

VIVA COLDPLAY FOREVER! :dazzled:

It's a DANCE song?

Imagine if they did the video to this song, and they started doing some dance routine.

They'll end up looking like JLS or something. :embarrassed:

That's not good. :confused:

well, maybe the dance routine was inspired in Thom Yorke's dance in Lotus Flower... and that's a hell of a good dance routine!

Patience....all will be revealed in good time!! This is all part of the fun!!!!! It's like buying a lottery ticket and imagining what you would do if you won. All we Coldplay fans are jackpot lottery winners. Be patient. It's hard....but try!!!!!!

"COLDPLAY WROTE A DANCE TRACK."

Good god, I'd never thought I'd ever get to say that.

Well, from what I can tell from that Sun preview, it's hella good, and it will be a club jam.

Finally, I can have a Coldplay party that isn't just singing along and headbanging. Finally, I can rave to a Coldplay song (that isn't a mashup with Living On A Prayer by Bon Jovi)!

VIVA COLDPLAY FOREVER! :dazzled:

but more this song by Bon Jovi : Thank You For Loving Me

well, maybe the dance routine was inspired in Thom Yorke's dance in Lotus Flower... and that's a hell of a good dance routine!

haha,I would love that :D

Oh,and where did all these prejudgements come from? I don't think it's fair to give an opinion without actually listening to the new song beforehand. Seriously people,give them a break and wait for what they've come up with,I'm sure we wont be disappointed.