✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

Major Minus: LISTENING PARTY! Countdown to Thursday 23rd June, 9pm (BST)

busybeeburns

• Replies 534
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest howyousawtheworld
I guess I have popular taste :laugh3:

I see your 19 league titles and I raise you 5 European Cups....as in those 5 raised fingers on both of King Kenny's hands on my avatar! :laugh3:

Damn, ofcourse Chris sounds strange. But it fits perfectly in this song. I also so much love the UFo sounds at the background.

Only thing I don't understand, de guitar sounds live EXACTLY the same, I'm worried. Is Johnny not playing everything???

Guest howyousawtheworld
Damn, ofcourse Chris sounds strange. But it fits perfectly in this song. I also so much love the UFo sounds at the background.

Only thing I don't understand, de guitar sounds live EXACTLY the same, I'm worried. Is Johnny not playing everything???

the "crashing" of the guitar on the live version is playback.

Well it was awesome listening with you guys and sharing opinions after! I've got to go to work now. See you guys at 5:45 in the morning (for me) to listen to Moving to Mars!

EDIT: Nevermind :P The guy who's shift I was supposed to be covering actually showed up. So now I'm back.

I like it, and I like that they don't listen to fans. 'do this and don't do that and I hate you for doing this and you have to make a new parachutes.'

They should just make music and make what they want to make and don't limit themselves by what fans think because music can never be good if the artist doesn't believe in it themselves. So I love that they're not afraid to experiment even though a lot of people might not be happy about it.

And I really like the song :)

I really love that the band dropped out at the guitar crunches. That bit I thought is better on the studio version, it makes the guitar stand out from the rest. Jonny goes: 'Heeeere's Jonny!' ;)

Apart from that, it's better live, as I expected it to be.

I wonder though, why doesn't Will sing in the live version?

Thank you very much! And thanks to everyone else who agreed with me! I just don't like that people give the song a tough time just because they did something with his voice without possibly considering that it might be there for an actual purpose other than merely to make his voice sound different. And for those who did consider this but still don't like it, fair enough. It is your opinion, after all. I just wanted to add perspective to what's going on with his voice in this song.

But something to realize and keep in mind is that bands try and progress, changing their sound and style over time, in order to keep things fresh, alive, and new. The hardcore fans of their earlier music may find it hard to embrace the new material, and those who came into the picture around the "X&Y"/"Viva La Vida" eras may find it easier. And this is understandable. "Parachutes" was so stripped down and simple in its sound and was easy to listen to. "A Rush of Blood to the Head" was similar, but a bit heavier with a little bit going on in each piece. Of course, the rest is history. But we have to allow bands (Coldplay, in this case) to progress with their music how they wish, whether we like it or not. I don't say this because I think your opinion is irrelevant, but because it is crucial to their creativity, morale, and passion to write music in the first place. If they keep writing the same style music over and over again, they will wear out fast and grow tired of it and would probably just stop playing all together, and I don't think any of us want that to happen... I know this because I, too, am a musician who has been writing music for a few years, and I can tell you that if I didn't change things up every now and then, I'd be bored out of my mind!

So, for the sake of the band's creative health and passion, just let them do what they're trying to do, and it's very possible that one day in the future when they've experimented with everything they possibly can, they'll come back with an album of very stripped-down, simple music that will regain the love and care of the fans of their older material and will still satisfy the needs of the fans of their newer material. U2 did this before, remember? After "Joshua Tree"/"Rattle and Hum", they released "Achtung! Baby", "Zooropa", and "Pop", all of which were VERY different from their previous works (in good ways and bad ways), but at the start of the new decade (2000), they released "All That You Can't Leave Behind", which saw a U2 returning to a very stripped down sound that was refreshing and satisfying to fans of all eras of U2's music. They were able to go through an interesting phase in the 1990's and do what they wanted, and then were able to go back to writing the stripped down music that we know and love. Just as they've done this, I imagine Coldplay will too. Don't give up hope on Coldplay ever writing simple music ever again. It will happen. Just let them experiment and try to enjoy the ride along the way. if you don't, they have a nice back-catalog for you to listen to until then. I don't mean to offend anyone with this post. I just want everyone to know that the Coldplay of old will probably one day show itself again after they've enjoyed taking some new, bold steps with their music. I applaud them for what they're doing and I'm looking forward to what they have for us in the future!

Pretty much what I'm trying to say for weeks now xD Thanks for putting that in words:P

Doesn't really give me the feeling it gives me in the live version, but that's almost always the case with most songs. On the other hand it is once again a superb piece of music and I give them credit for experimenting with their voices and mixing of the sound. I keep looking at it as the artistical freedom they use to explore the borders of their musical abilities and their efforts to keep the music they make interesting (to themselves and the fans). So as far as i am concerned, thumbs up for Coldplay, you did it once again!

I think Coldplay's downfall right now is just that they keep giving us stuff before the studio version is released. I think Moving To Mars will get the best reviews just because we haven't heard any of it yet. That's what ruined Major Minus for most people. The live one was just better. :blank:

Originally Posted by Rainy Day;4838465

Thank you very much! And thanks to everyone else who agreed with me! I just don't like that people give the song a tough time just because they did something with his voice without possibly considering that it might be there for an actual purpose other than merely to make his voice sound different. And for those who did consider this but still don't like it, fair enough. It is your opinion, after all. I just wanted to add perspective to what's going on with his voice in this song.

But something to realize and keep in mind is that bands try and progress, changing their sound and style over time, in order to keep things fresh, alive, and new. The hardcore fans of their earlier music may find it hard to embrace the new material, and those who came into the picture around the "X&Y"/"Viva La Vida" eras may find it easier. And this is understandable. "Parachutes" was so stripped down and simple in its sound and was easy to listen to. "A Rush of Blood to the Head" was similar, but a bit heavier with a little bit going on in each piece. Of course, the rest is history. But we have to allow bands (Coldplay, in this case) to progress with their music how they wish, whether we like it or not. I don't say this because I think your opinion is irrelevant, but because it is crucial to their creativity, morale, and passion to write music in the first place. If they keep writing the same style music over and over again, they will wear out fast and grow tired of it and would probably just stop playing all together, and I don't think any of us want that to happen... I know this because I, too, am a musician who has been writing music for a few years, and I can tell you that if I didn't change things up every now and then, I'd be bored out of my mind!

So, for the sake of the band's creative health and passion, just let them do what they're trying to do, and it's very possible that one day in the future when they've experimented with everything they possibly can, they'll come back with an album of very stripped-down, simple music that will regain the love and care of the fans of their older material and will still satisfy the needs of the fans of their newer material. U2 did this before, remember? After "Joshua Tree"/"Rattle and Hum", they released "Achtung! Baby", "Zooropa", and "Pop", all of which were VERY different from their previous works (in good ways and bad ways), but at the start of the new decade (2000), they released "All That You Can't Leave Behind", which saw a U2 returning to a very stripped down sound that was refreshing and satisfying to fans of all eras of U2's music. They were able to go through an interesting phase in the 1990's and do what they wanted, and then were able to go back to writing the stripped down music that we know and love. Just as they've done this, I imagine Coldplay will too. Don't give up hope on Coldplay ever writing simple music ever again. It will happen. Just let them experiment and try to enjoy the ride along the way. if you don't, they have a nice back-catalog for you to listen to until then. I don't mean to offend anyone with this post. I just want everyone to know that the Coldplay of old will probably one day show itself again after they've enjoyed taking some new, bold steps with their music. I applaud them for what they're doing and I'm looking forward to what they have for us in the future!

Pretty much what I'm trying to say for weeks now xD Thanks for putting that in words:P

Finally something I agree with

major minus

hay friends i want to talk about coldplay new bside "major minus" first of all i love it so much!!!:) and if that just a bside just think what is going to be in the lp5!!

if you want write here what you think about the song thanks :)