✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

Official Tracklist!!!

Jedi Leo

Thoughts and speculation:

I'm guessing at least 3 of these are short instrumentals (MX, MIX and UFO?)

What I would love is for each of Johnny, Will and Guy to get a solo feature in the instrumentals that could translate to the tour. On tour ETIAW would transition perfectly into a Will drum solo. Bass solo's just rock in general, and with Johnny getting alot of pub by the band for this record it would make sense for him to have a guitar solo track.

The album is 46-50 minutes long, so about 4 minutes per track on average, then the instrumentals

I like the symbols correlating to each song

HLH, Paradise and Charlie Brown is going to be a killer part of the album

It looks like there will be no hidden tracks, which is great because I despise that gimmick

ETIAW was obviously going to make it as it fits what they said the theme would be perfectly, so I don't know why the haters are all upset.

With how this is unfolding this may become my favorite Coldplay album.

Pumped, glad this is out of the way before Paradise drops on Monday.

• Replies 420
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I totally agree. But I think people might be upset MTM is not on the album, because it loses its status as an A-song and apparently that´s how a lot of people see the song, while the band clearly disagrees as they left it only as a b-side.

Ahh, well I can respect that a little bit more. To me though it doesn't matter, I mean I like the B Side 'Crests Of Waves' a lot more than I like 'A Whisper' even though the latter is an 'A Side'.

Things I like:

1. ETIAW doesn't conclude the album and it's coupled with Major Minus.

2. MX and HLH are separated.

3. M.M.I.X. :awesome:

4. Princess Of China remains in the latter half of the album.

5. Those cute little guys at the bottom for each song. :awesome:

Things I don't like:

1. M.M.I.X. + U.F.O. (understandable for M.M.I.X., but I prefer UFO without the periods. yes, I am picky about things as silly as that.)

2. Don't Let It Break Your Heart is a terrible song title. Cheeeeeeeeeeeeesy.

3. The lack of Tomorrow (maybe Car Kids is referenced in DLIBYH)

:shrug: I'm pleased with the tracklist overall.

Oh, the Princess' crown. That was also on their website for months...

The symbols are really great. I'm even more curious what Mylo Xyloto means now!

Yeah I love how everything in this era is cryptic and mysterious and so colorful! Now I feel just about nothing can ruin the MX era! (as long as I stay away from the coming live shows hehe)

I think ETIAW stands in contrast with MM. Maybe it will function as an album divider, where the positive part is the first one and it culminates with ETIAW and then the "dark" part begins, starting with MM, going through Up In Flames, etc. Hopefully it will all have a happy ending though with Up With The Birds. :)

That makes sense, I like it.

I think ETIAW stands in contrast with MM. Maybe it will function as an album divider, where the positive part is the first one and it culminates with ETIAW and then the "dark" part begins, starting with MM, going through Up In Flames, etc. Hopefully it will all have a happy ending though with Up With The Birds. :)

ETIAW will likely be the end of side A on the vinyl so it makes sense for me.

Does anyone else think the CK at the bottom means that Car Kids will be a hidden song at the end of Us Against the World?

Nope, there's 14 symbols for 14 songs. The CK is for Us Against The World. I think 14 might be too many. 15 songs is just ridiculous.

tracklist AND album finished!! Niiiice! I'm surprised by the 14 songs, but like many of you, I'm guessing a few instrumentals and/or 'parachutes' length songs. So the total length must be like VLV.

Anyway, can't wait to hear what UFO sounds like xD!!