✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

Mylo Xyloto Limited Edition Release Date 12/12/11!

gotcheese2768

I have a question that I think should go in this thread....I didn't want to start a new one just for this. But I am wondering what are the pros of pre-ordering just the cd over waiting to buy it in my local store? Do you get anything extra or different? I would like to preorder, but then it will take so long to get here. I could probably have my hands on the cd sooner if I walked to my store and bought it on October 24th.

I would LOVE to order the limited edition, but I am trying to curtail my spending habits. Though I would really love some stickers and stencils. :\

I'm not sure. I don't think there is any, although sometimes iTunes offers bonus tracks. But I don't think this will be the case with MX. So there's no advantage I guess. Just giving money directly to the band rather than a 3rd party (i.e. superstore or wherever you get it).

Why does everyone want those so much? lol You could have mine honestly+legitimately. I'd have to remember this in December when the LE ships though.

• Replies 958
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Why does everyone want those so much? lol You could have mine honestly+legitimately. I'd have to remember this in December when the LE ships though.

Well, if you really mean it I will remind you. :)

I also think I'll wait and buy the cd from the store. I'd rather give the money right to Coldplay, but I'd also much rather be able to listen to the whole cd on the 24th then wait a week or more!

Ah I am not the only one loving stickers/stencils hehe!

Mamgirl: I think it´s much better you get the CD from your local store if you want it on release date as I highly doubt you can get it shipped to arrive on 24th October. Alternatively you can opt for the vinyl (you get a poster too) and you get mp3 downloads on release date. Or you could just forget your spending habit for this time only and grab the POP edition :)

I pre-ordered mine when I woke up yesterday at 6:30 AM. It was a total of $95 to ship to the US. It was worth every penny, I think. I believe it will be a good album! Don't listen to what the others say cause they're pissed it won't be the Coldplay album they wanted! I will form my own opinion the day it comes out. At least I get the MP3 the day it comes out.

I can't decide if I want it or not! I only want it if I'm going to LOVE MX. I guess worst case scenario I can sell it? I could probably find a buyer on here...

It'll go on eBay for a lot more than you paid. I turned around my Radiohead In Rainbows one at about a $90 profit.

Agreed. If this is truly limited, it will go for big bucks on EBay later. It would be a good investment if you needed some cash in the future and just had to sell.

Like I said earlier, I think the price is worth it for what you get. Plus I'm hoping by it saying we get the MP3 album October 24th that it also applies to the US as it isn't released here until the next day. I think the book will be pretty fantastic! I'm guessing it will be 32 actual pop-ups as it says it is 64 pages total. The studio journal will probably be really interesting too. I mean the sneak pics already show ETIAW was originally called 'Drunk' which seems so 180! Hoping for more interesting trivia like that, ha! :thumbsup:

In terms of delivery for Xmas, I guess it depends where you live. But even with the slowest service here in the US (Media Mail) it says 5-9 business days which would still be before Christmas.

Quantity wise, it's hard to tell. Since the delivery date is so far ahead I'm wondering if they are only taking pre-orders for a pre-determined number then it will be sold out on the website and production on the books will begin. I'm sure the pop-up books take some time to create, so this would make sense. Not sure though, only time will tell! I'm hoping this is the case though as then it will be truly a limited edition collectible.

Well I didn't know there would be stencils and stickers too! So iI was happy when i found out. Im so happy! :D

Haha I woke up on the 12th at 4:40am and I checked and it was available to pre-order so I ran downstairs and got my debit card and...bought it! It was so exciting, and great way to wake up :P im broke now though :lol:

This year I've spent like $1,230 on coldplay craaazyness! But it was the best $1,230 I've ever spent :D

So great to see all this excitement about the POP edition! :)

I also hope it will truly be collectible and limited: it always makes it more special to know we were amongst the first ones to grab it and will make a fantastic addition to other collectibles. I believe this is the first time Coldplay really gave us a package like this, am I wrong? It´s delightful!

The notebooks/band diaries alone will be worth it I think! And I checked out some of David´s art and I like his style: can´t wait to see what he has done to illustrate Mylo Xyloto.

Anyone else wrapping this to go under the Christmas Tree? Think opening this together on the same day throughout the world! :)

^^ That reminds me of Chris Martin calling himself an 'alltheist', someone who believes in everything. I thought that was really cool, until another forum member pointed out that should include the Flying Spaghetti Monster as well. :laugh3:

So we know where they got the idea. :P

So great to see all this excitement about the POP edition! :)

I also hope it will truly be collectible and limited: it always makes it more special to know we were amongst the first ones to grab it and will make a fantastic addition to other collectibles. I believe this is the first time Coldplay really gave us a package like this, am I wrong? It´s delightful!

The notebooks/band diaries alone will be worth it I think! And I checked out some of David´s art and I like his style: can´t wait to see what he has done to illustrate Mylo Xyloto.

Anyone else wrapping this to go under the Christmas Tree? Think opening this together on the same day throughout the world! :)

I didn't think about that, but maybe I will wrap it for christmas :D