✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

Mylo Xyloto Limited Edition Release Date 12/12/11!

gotcheese2768

• Replies 958
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well I emailed to confirm my order went through and asked if they charge your card now or when it ships. I'll let you know what they say.

Also, the only way I 'justified' the cost of this is that I wasn't able to go to Austin City Limits! :lol: Since the ticket would be $90 and this set is $92 with shipping and tax I feel I got the better deal as this will last longer than seeing them as pinpoints on the stage for one night! :sick:

Anyone else 'divert' funds to pay for this? :sneaky:

Hahaha...I like your reasoning - although ACL was the best concert I've seen. Maybe it was because I'd been able to go to the ACL taping at the very last minute - it was so unexpected and it was literally the last minute because we were given tickets 5 minutes before the show started. Maybe it was because I was finally in the front at a concert, with legit Coldplayers. Maybe it's because this weekend finally made up for Tampa and UCLA (which I was at, but couldn't see due to the obstructed view we had) It's like after 2 years, I finally got the Coldplay experience I'd been missing and waiting for. But it truly was just surreal. I can't get over those 2 days. sigh.

Anyway, my husband ordered the limited edition set for me for my birthday :) Thanks, honey. And he paid with paypal and it went through immediately. Then he got annoyed for paying for something we won't get for 3 months!

It had to happen....Mylo Xyloto - Limited Pop-Up Album Edition,

I bought:shame:

do you buy it?

splash_4.jpg

I really debated with myself. I really wanted it. But we spent a small fortune on Austin. And we have a son at college. I was hoping for it for Christmas.

Then my husband told me yesterday, my birthday, that he bought it as my birthday present. :kiss::love::heart::dazzled:

Everyone is saying they'll wait untill they're available in the shops. But what if they never do? It says on their website it's exclusively available from Coldplay.com so it might as well be that you can ONLY get it through their site, even after it's release date

Everyone is saying they'll wait untill they're available in the shops. But what if they never do? It says on their website it's exclusively available from Coldplay.com so it might as well be that you can ONLY get it through their site, even after it's release date

this is what i was thinking. and i suppose it's possible that, since it's limited edition, it may only be available for preoder... :shrug:

Anyway, my husband ordered the limited edition set for me for my birthday :) Thanks, honey. And he paid with paypal and it went through immediately. Then he got annoyed for paying for something we won't get for 3 months!

Haha, yeah in your case I think the ACL experience was SO worth it. I think if I had been off work that Friday I would have been at ACL in a heartbeat Thursday night with you all! So I guess this is the consolation prize, which is not too shabby! :lol:

Anyway, you are so lucky as you get BOTH! :P

But I can understand being irritated for paying money this far in advance. I'm kind of curious why mine hasn't showed up as a charge even though i have the confirmation email and all. :inquisitive:

Guess I'll find out soon enough.

Pretty sure it won't be in shops. It clearly says "Exclusively available from Coldplay.com" so that implies that it is the only place going to sell it. Also, the fact that it has a delivery date 3 months after when it first was open for pre-orders makes me think they have a certain quota to reach before going into production. In other words, this 'limited-edition' may really be that this time around. Once they have received said number of pre-orders, they will start producing it and then they will probably accept a certain amount more before it is sold out. Who knows exactly how all that works, but it seems like it might be something along those lines. That pop-up book probably takes a while to make anyway. So that's my theory! Only time will tell! :)

I pre-ordered it too. It cost me £111 because of the kind of shipping I chose. I think, for me it's worth it. If you collect these kinds of special editions or the singles, it's a good opportunity if you have the money cause you don't know if they will be available in the future.

I think that I will buy it too when is released and available in shops. When will be possible to buy it here in Spain?

I am 99% sure it won´t be available in stores as it clearly states on the webpage: Exclusively available on Coldplay.com, so grab it there while you can!

i bought it. kinda disappointed it wont reach my house until december...

Same here, but I hope for a Christmas delivery! :) Can´t wait to wrap it :)

nope, waste of money imo

i buy an album to listen to the music, not to play with a pop up art.

Music is art and visual art can also be part of the package. Kinda like the butterflies and laser lights during the gigs: they are not necessary, but they sure make for a greater spectacle! I know I will cherish my MX limited edition and the care it has gone into preparing all its components :)

I really debated with myself. I really wanted it. But we spent a small fortune on Austin. And we have a son at college. I was hoping for it for Christmas.

Then my husband told me yesterday, my birthday, that he bought it as my birthday present. :kiss::love::heart::dazzled:

great idea!! :P husbands will never know to buy so I'm going to help the mine and ask me for Christmas the concert at the O2 arena:D

Well, after reading some of your comments saying that it won't be in stores because it's exclusively available from Coldplay.com, I couldn't wait and I have ordered it just a few minutes ago (at 18:42 :D).

I have ordered two special limited editions. The first one is for me of course, and the second one is for a friend of mine. I just ordered it to her too but she doesn't know, and I've done it because I want her to fall in love with me, even not knowing what will be her answer if I tell her that I like her, and I don't know if I will tell it before I receive the album so maybe I will have two albums and one broken heart. The gift is for her birthday that was 12 days ago in September 8th but judging the date when I will receive it maybe will become a Christmas gift or whatever.

I have spent 146,33€ (like 200$, 127,23 pounds) even not knowing if it will be worth or not. What do you think people? Am I just crazy?