✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

Mylo Xyloto Limited Edition Release Date 12/12/11!

gotcheese2768

Oof, I really have to make sure I keep enough money in my account now. I should have charged it rather than paying by debit.

As for the length of time it's going to take to receive the thing: I know it's annoying, but quality things take time to produce, and I don't think they want to produce sub-par products. I also think "limited edition" is translated as "however many people order within a certain time period." If they were only making 2,000 pop-up editions or something, they probably would have told us upfront. I think now they're going to see how many orders they get by November or something and then create about that many to ship to us, then stop producing them for good. That's often what "limited edition" means nowadays, versus them just creating a finite number in advance and selling them til they're gone.

:nod:

• Replies 958
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My order status says:

- Order total: pending

- Confirmed: 2 Mylo Xyloto - Limited Pop-Up Album Edition

I used credit card and the charge is reflected in my bank account, so I guess that the money will be discounted at the end of the month/beginning of next month like always, I will receive the digital album in October 24th and the limited Pop-Up Album Edition sometime in December. Am I right?

Looks awesome, I'll be ordering it soon.

That pop-up book looks interesting! Any chance of that book having band photos in it instead of just artwork? At any rate, it has a totally unique feel and I'm glad a special edition like this is available.

As for the vinyl, it mentions a graffiti-style version. Does this mean it will definitely be on colored vinyl or a picture disc? Or maybe it's regular black vinyl and only the picture sleeves are graffiti. Hard to tell. At any rate, it's pressed at 180 grams so no doubt the quality will be outstanding.

BTW, if anyone wants to order the standard vinyl edition (not the special edition), that will be available on November 1st, and the digital download will be available the day the CD comes out (just like the special edition).

I got charged today for my pre-order today and my status now says 'Charged Preorder', so make sure you have money in your accounts!

By the way, would a mod mind merging this with the 'Limited Edition Pop-Up Album Cost' thread? Just easier to keep track of one! :thumbsup:

Hopefully you get some options of FLAC, 320, 192, crappy itunes 128... I'd imagine they would given the immense amount of people that invest in their music that they need to cater to.

I want me some FLAC love. Probably not gonna happen, though.

Plus, yeah, iTunes uses 256. I think. For most of their stuff that is. Changed it earlier this year.

I got charged today for my pre-order today and my status now says 'Charged Preorder', so make sure you have money in your accounts!

By the way, would a mod mind merging this with the 'Limited Edition Pop-Up Album Cost' thread? Just easier to keep track of one! :thumbsup:

ooo.. hopefully i get charged soon!

I got an email from the digital store today.

I can confirm we are going to get a crappy mp3 of around 160 kbps, so even less than iTunes! I am quite disappointed they do not offer a lossless option or at least a higher quality download! After all we will have to wait until December to hear the CD version. Let´s try and write to them to let them know we want something better!

I got an email from the digital store today.

I can confirm we are going to get a crappy mp3 of around 160 kbps, so even less than iTunes! I am quite disappointed they do not offer a lossless option or at least a higher quality download! After all we will have to wait until December to hear the CD version. Let´s try and write to them to let them know we want something better!

I haven't received anything yet!

Sorry for not specifying. I get an email as a reply to a question I wrote. I wanted to know what quality mp3 we would get as download. So yeah it is pretty crappy. I personally find 160 kbps unacceptable!

So that is what we get for £55 quid!!!! I'd expect double that; 320 kbps please! Shocking, stingy bastards!

perhaps i'm not exaclty savvy when it comes to quality of music, but what exactly is the big deal (not trying to say it isn't, just trying to become educated). does it sound better or???

Yeah, it technically sounds better, but despite me being a huge music nerd...I can almost never tell the difference, personally. The version of VLV I have on my iPod, which was what leaked originally, is 128 kbps, and I'm not bothered by it at all. I'm not so great at hearing in general, though, I have pretty significant hearing loss, so that might be why :P

:ears: