✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

Mylo Xyloto will be streamed on iTunes in a one-track-per-day mode

coldpatrix

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm not going to listen to this track by track stream thing but if it leaks on the 19th, I'll definitely be listening to at least "Hurts Like Heaven". I already preordered on iTunes and plan on running out and picking one up when it hits shelves. I live in the US though so I get it last :(. Us Americans need a leak.

I don't care when I hear the new stuff. First listens very rarely stick out to me anyway. There have been a few exceptions, but I didn't even like most of my favorites until I had listened to them quite a few times (Funeral, Kid A, Loveless, Daydream Nation, Agaetis Byrjun). It's how the records age that count.

I can understand the excitement of popping in a CD for the first listen and being exposed to a set of entirely new songs, but I don't think it really matters now being that I've already heard at least half of the songs anyway.

So I'll be listening to the stream/leak.

I feel exactly the same way, you worded it so much better than I did earlier. For me, leaks and things coming out in fits and starts is part of the album anticipation process in my mind, not something that spoils anything. I'm definitely a product of the 21st century of the music industry in that way, I guess. I completely respect the people that prefer to wait and do it the more "traditional" way as long as they're not high and mighty about it, but I just don't understand the logic given the way I experience music. I'm a huge huge fan of ALBUMS, which sadly I think the music industry is turning away from, but that doesn't mean that every time I listen to a song it's in the context of its album anyway, or the first time. I guess if I thought things were "intended" to be listened to in only one way, I wouldn't make playlists or mix CDs etc, and I think that's a cool part of music too.

That's just me though :D

I'm not going to listen to this track by track stream thing but if it leaks on the 19th, I'll definitely be listening to at least "Hurts Like Heaven". I already preordered on iTunes and plan on running out and picking one up when it hits shelves. I live in the US though so I get it last :(. Us Americans need a leak.

I have been checking on Walmart.com, Target.com, and Bestbuy.com, and they all say release date is the 24th. Does this mean people in the US will be getting it on the 24th? Because just a few weeks ago I checked and they said that the release date was the 25th, but now it says the 24th. So will it come out on the 24th as well in the US? :thinking: I am probably just looking at it too hard, but yeah. :P

I have been checking on Walmart.com, Target.com, and Bestbuy.com, and they all say release date is the 24th. Does this mean people in the US will be getting it on the 24th? Because just a few weeks ago I checked and they said that the release date was the 25th, but now it says the 24th. So will it come out on the 24th as well in the US? :thinking: I am probably just looking at it too hard, but yeah. :P

Yeah, HMV Canada and Amazon.ca list MX for the 24th too...

I wonder what the real release date is in N America

I hope it is the 24th, that would be great, but I don't want to get my hopes up.

Went to BestBuy in my city and the lady there told me that Mylo would be available to get from their store either first thing Monday the 24th morning or after they get the truck unloaded that arrives Sunday night!:lol:

Getting my tent ready and my spirits high!

Yeah I'm also gonna try to resist, so I can hear them in the right order. Not that it would matter in a week's time, but still.

I do listen to 3FM a lot, so I hope they just stream them online and don't play them on radio... I don't know if I'll be able to turn it off when a DJ announces a worldwide first play of a Coldplay song...

Tough week coming up. :P

I hope it is the 24th, that would be great, but I don't want to get my hopes up.

itunes also has it as being released on the 24th in the US too. :)

So say we ordered the pop up edition and it comes with a digital download for the 24, will people in the US actually get it on the 23 if it's sent out at midnight of the 24 in the UK, or does the release of albums usually not come out right at midnight on the release date?

itunes also has it as being released on the 24th in the US too. :)

So say we ordered the pop up edition and it comes with a digital download for the 24, will people in the US actually get it on the 23 if it's sent out at midnight of the 24 in the UK, or does the release of albums usually not come out right at midnight on the release date?

I am not sure. :shrug: That's a good question.