✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

ITV: Coldplay confirmed to perform on X Factor Final on Sunday 11th December at Wembley Arena

busybeeburns

I just read that Chris reached out to Craig Colton after he was eliminated and told him 'everything’s going to be fine, everything’s going to be good.’. I though that was very sweet of him, that's why I love him. He is so down to earth and sweet. A great role model.

Here's the link:

http://programmes.stv.tv/the-x-factor/news/281400-x-factor-craig-colton-given-advice-from-coldplays-chris-martin/

PS: I was rooting for Craig. I believed he's a star! So pissed to see him go :(

Don't mean to be rude... but what the fuck was he doing in the X Factor studios? :inquisitive:

• Replies 797
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

off thread

on danish X Factor

the only time I saw my favorite band go to a perform of X factor, show is stupid is better talk about X IN A EMPTY THEATER COOL :wink3:

the issue X Factor is not honest, just money showbiz crap and there is no so good artists in it but just for an audience empty

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aUMXpT0ue0A]The Storm - Honesty (LIVE on X Factor) HQ.wmv - YouTube[/ame]

yes differing

but sure no one people will know fakes show but their good publicity :rolleyes:

Oh Coldplay don't you dare!!! :angry:

Seriously, if I see either of them tomorrow I'm gonna remind them of my advice almost a year ago. :P

Thing is Chris has said in countless interviews about how he hates how someone who might not be a pitch perfect singer (like himself) would maybe give up on their dreams thanks to shows like that.

You obviously need to shout louder this time! :P

why go on X Factor on the most dismal year yet? meh :angry:

Can someone tell me if this is the UK Xfactor, or the one that is on here in the US with Simon, Paula, and that other dude? I don't watch it, so I don't know which one ya'll are talking about. My 2 cents on this is...........:bomb::thumbsdown::toilet:..Ok that's 3 cents:lol:

Can someone tell me if this is the UK Xfactor, or the one that is on here in the US with Simon, Paula, and that other dude? I don't watch it, so I don't know which one ya'll are talking about. My 2 cents on this is...........:bomb::thumbsdown::toilet:..Ok that's 3 cents:lol:

It's UK X Factor and Gary Barlow is one of the mentors this year.

sooo if she makes it to the final, and she'll perform an duet with coldplay, maybe we'll hear Princess Of China? :D

fuck shoes is good fuck X factor too and then I explained before word X factor

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-2064000/X-Factor-2011-Rihanna-rocks-naughty-schoolgirl-look-We-Found-Love-performance.html

british but Irish. (It is to showcase its African and Irish)

so crap showbiz :(

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XewBLVPliB8&feature=related]Rihanna Predicts Her Own Future [October 2005] - YouTube[/ame]

:rolleyes:

270xfactorjanetdevlin3.jpg

She helped the group's mentor Tulisa ­Contostavlos, 23, pick them for the live finals. Band member Jesy Nelson said: 'It would be so cool to duet with her in the final if we make it.'

Janet recently revealed that she is in charge when it comes to her X Factor performances.

'I won’t do what I don’t want to do. I won’t do anything that isn’t me,' she told NOW magazine. Even the change of colour to her hair wasn't a sign of her being a push over: 'They didn’t make me do it, I always wanted to be ginger.'

But she admitted her look caused her problems in earlier years. 'At school I had a problem making friends and it was tough,' she revealed. 'I wasn’t cool – I had very long blonde frizzy hair, I never wore makeup and I wasn’t pretty.

'People would take the mick out of me. I don’t like talking about being bullied, but I forgave the girls who did it. Since then I’ve just had a small circle of friends I feel comfortable with.'

many PAPARAZZI STUPID PERSONALITY PLEASE :smartass:

Guest howyousawtheworld

I really couldn't care less whether they went on X Factor or not. Like many here I don't watch that programme but what I do find really annoying though is people thinking X Factor 'destroys music' and the such when it doesn't even come close. It's worth nothing in music terms but clearly worth a lot in the tv entertainment sense as millions and millions watch it.

It's just a tv show for goodness sake.

the superficiality of the people destroyed the world and boring people with real values ​​of life.

TV reality for the money and fame not the artists. and manipulate people who have no character. illusions gives these people and when he falls back into the anonymity of this is human drama.

I'm sorry be responsible. me in my life only one time seek professional advice to John Ratcliff to give courage to a friend beginner singer or disuader to be singer. but it is only because he wants to sing and not have the glory. but Germany's hard to be a singer.

http://www.myspace.com/talvinjones

true artists must have a strong personality to live in this world of showbiz .

LdnMich M

Also be warned Chris mentioned he fucked up majorly at Graham Norton and made a **** of himself and not to watch @coldplaying

6 minutes ago

LdnMich M

Anna and I didn't bother to disguise our distaste :( @coldplaying

8 minutes ago

LdnMich M

So I spoke to Jonny and asked him about the X Factor...he said yes! @coldplaying

11 minutes ago Favorite Retweet Reply

It does seem true =(

^ I don't know what to think anymore.

I'm guessing they will do the show if that girl Janet gets through to the final. Which I sincerely hope she doesn't. There are many much more talented singers out there who are also fans of Coldplay so it's just not fair and I am ranting blah blah blah...

Anyway, I really hope they don't do it.

It's true, I asked Jonny outright. He said "yes"
How did you respond? (Other than the note on the previous page about not disguising disgust.) Do you think the look on your face was like "fffuuuhhhh...."

I suppose maybe the name of the thread should be changed from "UNTRUE" to "TRUE" now.

Personally I can understand why they've taken the decision to become involved in XFactor.

These TV appearances generate album and concert ticket sales (aka pay the bills) and the guys have now appeared on the majority of chat shows on the UK TV circuit (only show left to do is Alan Carr's ChattyMan I think) and with the loss of Top of The Pops, the programmes with the highest viewing figures are these current trend Pop Culture mindless shows. As it's not possible to get Coldplay on Strictly Come Dancing the highest exposure point from there is XFactor and if you look at the charts, the general public respond to the show by buying the featured song if it's performed well. So how better to publicize your product, and generate the required continued sales, than to sign up to the show?

The guys might not like the decision either but have had to take it to pay the elecy at the Bakery for instance, after all don't we all do things in our jobs that we don't always agree with or particually like but have to do to earn the money. We all need to remember that the product called "Coldplay" only has a limited shelf life and whilst no-one is aware how long that is the guys selling the product, Masters Berryman, Buckland, Champion and Martin and working as hard as possible to generate everyone involved as much money as possible before it expires. Hopefully the "Coldplay" product will have a life span similar to that of "Pepsi" or "Coke-Cola".

You could always control Coldplay's exposure on XFactor by voting for one of the other acts and getting rid of Janet before the finals, but I'm curious to see what song they would do and how they would adapt it to make it useable for the show as how many of their songs are truely duets??

*stands back and waits for the flaming*

Personally I can understand why they've taken the decision to become involved in XFactor.

These TV appearances generate album and concert ticket sales (aka pay the bills) and the guys have now appeared on the majority of chat shows on the UK TV circuit (only show left to do is Alan Carr's ChattyMan I think) and with the loss of Top of The Pops, the programmes with the highest viewing figures are these current trend Pop Culture mindless shows. As it's not possible to get Coldplay on Strictly Come Dancing the highest exposure point from there is XFactor and if you look at the charts, the general public respond to the show by buying the featured song if it's performed well. So how better to publicize your product, and generate the required continued sales, than to sign up to the show?

The guys might not like the decision either but have had to take it to pay the elecy at the Bakery for instance, after all don't we all do things in our jobs that we don't always agree with or particually like but have to do to earn the money. We all need to remember that the product called "Coldplay" only has a limited shelf life and whilst no-one is aware how long that is the guys selling the product, Masters Berryman, Buckland, Champion and Martin and working as hard as possible to generate everyone involved as much money as possible before it expires. Hopefully the "Coldplay" product will have a life span similar to that of "Pepsi" or "Coke-Cola".

You could always control Coldplay's exposure on XFactor by voting for one of the other acts and getting rid of Janet before the finals, but I'm curious to see what song they would do and how they would adapt it to make it useable for the show as how many of their songs are truely duets??

*stands back and waits for the flaming*

The fact that you're comparing them to two of the biggest brands in the world makes me a bit sick. That's exactly the reason why I don't want them to do X Factor. They're not a brand! Their "shelf-life" should depend on how well they write music, perform and stay true to themselves - not their album sales and not the tv-shows they go on.

They're so much better than this. I get that their popularity has risen and that they have become quite mainstream but that doesn't make them JLS or whatever. Being on the show goes against everything they stand for as a band! Chris has even said in the past (as pointed out previously) that they wouldn't do X Factor.

They don't need the money, come on. They don't need the publicity either - they just managed to sell out stadiums in seconds!

It's just very disappointing to me that they would agree to go on a show that doesn't encourage young people to try to be the best they can at music - but to be the most famous.

End rant, I'm just very upset.