✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

ITV: Coldplay confirmed to perform on X Factor Final on Sunday 11th December at Wembley Arena

busybeeburns

sorry for my ignorance, but i didn´t get it .. Coldplay is finally confirmed to perform??

I think it was an article in the Q magazine just couple of days ago, when Chris or Will said that if even one of the band members is down about something, they just don´t go for it and ¨play Smith´s song¨. As mentioned in the article, only Chris and Jonny were up for playing on X factor, so i thought the offer was turned down by them

:dissapointed:

• Replies 797
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

sorry for my ignorance, but i didn´t get it .. Coldplay is finally confirmed to perform??

I think it was an article in the Q magazine just couple of days ago, when Chris or Will said that if even one of the band members is down about something, they just don´t go for it and ¨play Smith´s song¨. As mentioned in the article, only Chris and Jonny were up for playing on X factor, so i thought the offer was turned down by them

:dissapointed:

Does that mean that Will has lost his seal of disapproval? (Maybe someone has hidden it!?!)

Well, the guys are good mates with Gary Barlow so I imagine he was the one to convince them to appear on the show. I think he's going all out to prove he's better than Simon Cowell. What better way to do it than bring in the biggest band in the world at the moment.

Plus, if they completely rock out the place with Charlie Brown (new single promotion?) I'm cool with that!

This a very poor decision. It's a shame that the band feel the need to lower themselves to perform on trash like X-Factor. I'm very disappointed. If they're going to perform on TV they should stick to quality shows rather than pieces of shit like this.

Terribly disappointed :( If Violet Hill was an attempt to stop young Coldplay fans getting bullied in the playground, this will get them back to being beaten up harder than ever :( Plus as already explained so well, it seems totally against their principles :cry:

Why is the X Factor bad? Isnt it good that they were ASKED, compared to all the other shit? Isnt it a compliment? And isnt it GREAT exposure for them??

For me the fact that they're appearing lumps them in with "all the other shit". My perception is that no artist with any credibility whatsoever beyond the pop charts would appear on the X-Factor, and I think a lot of people will see it like that too.

They don't need the exposure - they haven't in the UK since A Rush of Blood.

Why is the X Factor bad? Isnt it good that they were ASKED, compared to all the other shit? Isnt it a compliment? And isnt it GREAT exposure for them??

Im sorry, i dont understand why its such a big deal.. Can someone please explain it to me?

Well in the UK, the X-Factor is considered to be an awful show by anybody over the age of 18. There's an emphasis on becoming famous or a 'star' rather than actual talent. Also, looks seem to be more important than singing ability and the 'judges' are pretentious douchebags. Basically it's just trashy television for trashy people.

Yes, the band will get a huge amount of exposure from the show but it certainly won't be 'good' exposure. The X-Factor is synonymous with generic, manufactured pop-acts and it isn't a show that Coldplay should be associated with.

Guest howyousawtheworld

As long as they don't perform Paradise or Every Teardrop I'm happy with that. Charlie Brown would be perfect. It's a good stage for them. They've had next to no tv promotion here in the UK and X Factor Final will get probably around 15 million watching them perform. I'm not bothered whether or not they went on it. The fact that they are sits just fine with me. It's certainly not embarassing or shameful. It's JUST an entertainment show people.

As long as they don't perform Paradise or Every Teardrop I'm happy with that. Charlie Brown would be perfect. It's a good stage for them. They've had next to no tv promotion here in the UK and X Factor Final will get probably around 15 million watching them perform. I'm not bothered whether or not they went on it. The fact that they are sits just fine with me. It's certainly not embarassing or shameful. It's JUST an entertainment show people.

Well, they choose to concentrate almost all their TV exposure on the US. They need it there (I guess, or why else do it all?), they don't here.

It's a moot point I think, but just to be correct there's no way anything near 15m will watch it. 8m absolute tops I reckon.

It would be a bit better if they did Charlie Brown, absolutely smashed it and made it a bit of a statement about real music...

but i can just see it now,

They'll do Para Para and then Chris will say something about how he'd never make it thru the first audition and how he wants to bum Barlow.

I'll still watch and enjoy it tho! ha!

;)

Everyone says it's pointless to do it. But Coldplay doesn't need a reason to perform (especially Chris !), because they just love to perform, so I think we should consider it a "regular" performance (even if a "regular" Coldplay performance doesn't really exist, but you know what I mean). Let's not over-think this, I don't think he/they do.

:nod:

Charlie Brown or any other song besides P and ETIAW.

I don't watch that show, don't care about it, don't mind them performing.

The EMAs were horrid tho.

Guest howyousawtheworld
Well, they choose to concentrate almost all their TV exposure on the US. They need it there (I guess, or why else do it all?), they don't here.

It's a moot point I think, but just to be correct there's no way anything near 15m will watch it. 8m absolute tops I reckon.

I'm quite confident it will be around the 15m mark! Wanna bet?! :sneaky:

Actually Adele was supposed to perform first

ContactMusic.com

Adele is looking to recover from her throat surgery in time to perform at the Grammy Awards in February 2012. The London-born singer, 23, led the British charge when the nominations were announced on Thursday (December 1, 2011), getting the nod in six categories - just one fewer than Kanye West.

Despite being tipped to pick up some of the major prizes in February, Adele now faces a race against time to be fit for a possible live performance. According to the UK's Daily Mirror, the Rolling in the Deep star is slated to perform at the Staples Centre on February 12, 2012, but is still recovering from last month's throat surgery and has been advised by doctors to rest her vocals in the foreseeable future. Itv bosses were hoping she would appear on The X Factor live final later this month, but British rockers Coldplay will instead take the 'headline' spot, with another performance coming from boy-band One Direction. A source close to Adele explained, "She can't wait to perform but her throat is still very fragile and she doesn't want to harm her recovery.She should be fine by February 12 but she won't have much time for rehearsal, which isn't ideal".

The songstress is nominated in the 'Big Three' categories for the Grammys, 'Best Record', 'Best Song', and 'Album of the Year'. She is the bookmakers favorite to scoop all three awards, with Ladbrokes spokesperson Jessica Bridge telling Mtv News, "Adele's taken America by storm, and she now looks set to clean up at the Grammys.British punters will be rolling in it if she does the business".

Like a lot of other people, if they do Charlie Brown I'll be happy; It's a quality song and needs to be heard by the masses. But if they do Paradise or ETIAW I won't be.

I was at a live show 2 months ago. Young fans are very fond of Paradise and ETIAW. In fact, some were already doing the Paradise chant (the chant at the beginning of the song), and this is how the band say they judge interest in their music, by the way fans react to it. We can all sit here and post about our disappointment all day long. The reality out there is very different. There's a brand new generation of Coldplayers out there who absolutely loves anything Coldplay, old or new.

Our train ride back to the parking garage was full of entire families of Coldplayers. I had my 2 sons, 13 and 16. Some of these other families spanned 3 generations, there was a grand-ma, her 2 daughters and their own sons and daughters. Sometime it was just a father and son, father and daughter, all kinds of combinations. This is pretty much a family event for most of us. Coldplay will make whatever music they desire and old and new Coldplayers will always spend money to buy their records or see them in concerts. Let's enjoy them while they can still make music.

End of rant.:D

I was at a live show 2 months ago. Young fans are very fond of Paradise and ETIAW. In fact, some were already doing the Paradise chant (the chant at the beginning of the song), and this is how the band say they judge interest in their music, by the way fans react to it. We can all sit here and post about our disappointment all day long. The reality out there is very different. There's a brand new generation of Coldplayers out there who absolutely loves anything Coldplay, old or new.

Our train ride back to the parking garage was full of entire families of Coldplayers. I had my 2 sons, 13 and 16. Some of these other families spanned 3 generations, there was a grand-ma, her 2 daughters and their own sons and daughters. Sometime it was just a father and son, father and daughter, all kinds of combinations. This is pretty much a family event for most of us. Coldplay will make whatever music they desire and old and new Coldplayers will always spend money to buy their records or see them in concerts. Let's enjoy them while they can still make music.

End of rant.:D

That was quite a nice rant. :D I support Coldplay 100%. Some fans say that MX is "too pop", "too happy", "too mainstream" etc.

I think they are those kind of people who are always moody, unhappy with their lives and will always stay that way, they don't want to change

and want CP to stay moody and dark like on Parachutes forever.

To me, it would be an insult if they did MX just to be popular, just to get lots of money, but I genuinely see them as very happy and satisfied

with their lives at the moment, so doing a gloomy record would be insincere. THAT would be an insult.

They say VLV was "mature" and MX is "childish". What's wrong with wanting to feel like a kid again? Be a cartoon heart... :)

They are in their early 30s, they are not 60! I think MX is beautiful and touching just as much Parachutes was, but in a different way.

WHO'S WITH ME? :lol: