✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

Charlie Brown Music Videos (Live & Studio - both videos in first post)

isrlns

yes but Coldplay has never started to pop music example.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-plY336GFqU]Coldplay : Funny photos on Ode to Deodorant... - YouTube[/ame]

and of course it's scary when it's very good videos without commercial since without impact is superficial must keep the secrets .

• Replies 511
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

evolution Coldplay sold well one of the best band in the world but Coldplay is become commercial , be celebs and lost all the fans since 2003 .

Mylo Xyloto graffitis

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eHq90k4itlE&feature=related]Coldplay - The Scientist - Reverse - YouTube[/ame]

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TahH7B_aUZc&ob=av2e]Coldplay - Speed Of Sound - YouTube[/ame]

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zTFBJgnNgU4&ob=av2e]Coldplay - Charlie Brown - YouTube[/ame]

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2EOKForyaPI]Coldplay - One I Love - YouTube[/ame]

or live

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fn1Pz8fTYLw]Coldplay - One I Love - Live 2003 - YouTube[/ame]

I think the charlie brown video is amazing. I get why people are hating on it , because its almost nothing like their old music. I find this amazing anyways , but even if this isn't anything like X&Y or a Rush of Blood to the Head , its still Coldplay , and being a huge fan , I honestly think that they are still amazing even if they have changed there style , and hope mylo xyloto isn't the last of them !! <3

I hate how people are passing off this video as mainstream! Mainstream is not a genre. Mainstream is determined by both the record sales of an artist, and the artists popularity in a certain localities. Not to mention how opinion based "mainstream" is. What is mainstreaming a suburb in New Hampshire is completely different then what would be considered mainstream in an apartment complex in Japan. You can't just classify things under mainstream, it doesn't explain anything. Sorry for the rant, but there's just too much of this. Forum's starting to sound like NME....

hipsters....:P

Thank you.

Coldplay always has been "mainstream". Whether people like them or not, they've always gotten played on the radio and TV, and always been in magazines, and everyone (or almost everyone) knows who they are. A Rush of Blood to the Head was a huge success sales-wise when it came out all the way back in 2002. All of which, to me, is the definition of mainstream. It's not exactly like they've been dwelling underground for most of their career or anything. And one could argue their music's always had a "pop" element to it anyway (many people I know chuckle when they're referred to as an "alternative" band, or a "rock" band, especially the latter). "Pop" can refer to the sound, it's an abbreviation for something that is popular, which Coldplay have been, etc.

Also, the whole argument about "just making a video similar to all the other ones you see on TV nowadays"-well, again, look to their past-videos like "Lost", and the latter half of "Fix You", and "Clocks", those are mainly live performance videos, which is a very common type of video that's been seen on TV over the years.

Hell, they've even imitated themselves-"The Scientist" and "What If" both employ the same backwards storyline, from consecutive albums.

I'm not saying they're not an inventive, creative band, I definitely think they are and have proven it in all sorts of ways, and it's one reason of many why I love them. And again, I'm certainly not going to force anyone to change their mind about the video or their new music, if you don't like it, you don't like it and that's fine :). But the idea that they're just now all of a sudden starting to do things that everyone else in the world is doing/has done, well, I'd say there's evidence to the contrary.

well never saw this coming a few years ago. the video doesn't suck obviously but you see, if katy perry or wanted direction or whatever they're called had released it, you'd just watch it and go "yeah that was alright i quite liked it". and there lies the problem.

of course we don't mind the repetitive making outs and all the silly raving, if rihana has it on her videos its fine and people do actually enjoy it. but in a coldplay video. god its shocking! it amuses me that i keep thinkin the boys cannot possibly disappoint me more and here we are!!

The video is certainly a change of pace for them. Which can only ever be a good thing. I've loved that they seem to be experimenting with their music videos in a way they didn't do prior to Violet Hill. They're more artistic.

The whole rave thing comes off kind of funnily because it's like...are people doing this to Charlie Brown? But maybe there are... who am I to say. Either way I think it's a cool new direction. It certainly is a stylish video and I can appreciate that. Mat Whitecross has been doing a fantastic job.

Intertwining it with some "story" of that couple doesn't really work too well for me. All the kissing is kind of creepy in a way. I think it might have worked better sans couple or with the whole thing being the couple. Idk...but certainly not bad. I gave it a 7.

To me it almost feels like Coldplay is Benjamin Button in that they seem to be acting younger as they progress.

(but that's just my opinion)

no you're right my friend thats exactly whats goin on! i reckon they're having their midlife crisis a bit too soon

not seen the live one but the other one is apsolutely crap. So much so I only managed to watch 30 seconds before I flicked off, all that money and you give us this shit?

Only 30 seconds? How do you know it's so bad if you've only seen 30 seconds of it? :laugh3: I'm pretty sure all the stuff everyone's complaining about is more than 30 seconds into the video :thinking: Personally I think you should watch the whole video before judging it, but that's just my opinion :P

The video now makes sense to me, and yes it does suite the song. I apologize Chris for calling you mainstream, please forgive me :( Yes, we all wanted a better video but as people are realizing, this video expresses the song very well.

Paradise was better though. Very unexpected and I laughed at it. Also, those costumes, yeahhh me likey

Saw the video this morning on MTV. The text was removed, so I just sat there frustrated and thought: 'Do I recognize these views? Do I because they seem common?'

Well, since it came on after Rack City Chick, the video seemed tame and Coldplay enough. Although, I think it's a bit too blurry and dark-toned for TV, but I'll enjoyed watching it.

I'm sorry for underestimating you, Charlie Brown video.

Hey guys! I know people seem to be a bit divided over the two Charlie Brown videos.

I personally love the live version much more than I like the album version for a couple reasons. Coldplay is a live act and Charlie Brown is a live hit. It's only appropriate that the video for the song be a live recording with well-pieced video footage from their live performances.

Also, does anybody know where the live recording came from?