✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

Oceans

Tash

So anyone notice how, when they played Oceans, it was around 3:16.

The track on iTunes says it's 5:21. Maybe this means there's a hidden track in Oceans, as well??

Yes that could be. But does nobody have a link for me to listen to Oceans? i havent heard it.

• Replies 215
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Oceans (first few listens)

It is a beautiful song, with some of the best lyrics from Ghost Stories yet. I'm glad this isn't the full song though, the album version is more than 5 minutes long. This live version feels a bit rushed, like there could be more opening or conclusion. All length gripes aside, it's probably the third best song from what we've heard so far. (AIMH, Midnight, Oceans, Magic, AA)

Guest kmm1482

Wow.... Just wow!! This is straight out of between Parachutes and Rush of Blood b-side (definitely NOT a diss). On par with Moses, See You Soon, Animals, and Murder. This song has put me over the top!!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

In case no one posted the lyrics yet, here they are:

Wait for your caller

The call never came

Ready to follow

Ready to claim

I'm ready for it all, love

I'm ready for the change

Meet under ......?

Meet me again, in the rain

In the rain

Behind the walls, love

I'm trying to change

I'm ready for it all, love

I'm ready for the pain

So meet under blue skies

Meet me again, in the rain

In the rain

In the rain

The rain

Got to find yourself alone in this world

Got to find yourself alone

Meet under sun and, ?

Hard to tell, my best guess

This has been my favourite track so far that I've heard from GS. Thought it was stunning and so laid back, I agree with what a lot of people are saying, that this is the closest to the Parachutes album we've heard. Hearing this today just got me even more excited for the new album

So anyone notice how, when they played Oceans, it was around 3:16.

The track on iTunes says it's 5:21. Maybe this means there's a hidden track in Oceans, as well??

I agree, either that or there's a longer intro and outro to the song

I loved the 'radar' sound, i loved the lyrics, i loved this song so much, i woke up to the news that they had played a new song today (best wake-up feeling ever BTW) and i was struggling not to listen to it but i caved in and i absolutely do not regret it, it has such a great early-era Coldplay feel to it.

This album will be amazing, I've never been the 'I WANT THE OLD COLDPLAY BACK' type, i know that bands evolve and change, it's logical and natural but i can appreciate that some (if not most) of us fell in love with the Parachutes-AROBTTH Coldplay and, if the tracks we've already heard are a solid indicator of how the album will turn out, i'm extremely happy to see that they're combining that evolved, modern Coldplay (Midnight) with some great throwback stuff (Oceans, Always In My Head).

Guest howyousawtheworld

It's a long time since Chris's icy beautiful and falsetto vocals have been allowed to return to the fore. It's been too long and it sounds as beautiful as it did 10+ years ago. No need for overdubs and the drowning of his voice from production as was the case on MX and some of VLV.

Oceans = vintage Coldplay. That's praise indeed if, like me, you didn't like MX.

Can't say I liked it on the first listen. Honestly, guess I was again expecting much more from them. I'm bummed that so far only Midnight has really amazed me. I feel like there's nothing exciting on the new stuff, very little surprises.. Maybe I was spoiled with Viva and Mylo, my 2 fav Coldplay albums. (And it has nothing to do with over/under production, it's just the songs and their arrangements)

Holy shit, this song is amazing. I´m so glad their new songs are so different from MX.

I love the lyrics, Will´s radar drums and Jonny´s guitar part. But what really stands out is Chris´singing, his voice is just perfect. Haunting.

This album will be so good :wacky:

I totally agree with you. I love their old and new songs. This song reminds me of the Coldplay I fell in love with over 10 years ago. A lot of the songs in MX were heavily produced. This song sounds refreshing to my ears. Chris voice is just beautiful!

I loved the 'radar' sound, i loved the lyrics, i loved this song so much, i woke up to the news that they had played a new song today (best wake-up feeling ever BTW) and i was struggling not to listen to it but i caved in and i absolutely do not regret it, it has such a great early-era Coldplay feel to it.

This album will be amazing, I've never been the 'I WANT THE OLD COLDPLAY BACK' type, i know that bands evolve and change, it's logical and natural but i can appreciate that some (if not most) of us fell in love with the Parachutes-AROBTTH Coldplay and, if the tracks we've already heard are a solid indicator of how the album will turn out, i'm extremely happy to see that they're combining that evolved, modern Coldplay (Midnight) with some great throwback stuff (Oceans, Always In My Head).