✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

Oceans

Tash

THE ORACLE REPLIES >

I love Oceans; it reminds me of Careful Where You Stand. I was going to say that radio prefer radio edits of songs and 4 minutes is a normal radio play length but in reality the remaining minute and a half of Oceans isn't another verse or anything so you heard pretty much the song.

• Replies 215
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm in love with this song!!! I only heard it twice (today broadcast from Germany and the Radio 1 performance, and I trying to not listening to much until the album gets released. Just beautiful!!! Remind me some of the greatest Coldplay's songs! This could be the one of the Ghost Stories album that I will be praying for the band to play when they start the next album tour (LP7) in the future. JUST THAT BEAUTIFUL. My favorite so far.:clap:

gah I love this song so much!! Its so beautiful, also shows off how great a voice chris martin has.. the way he sings with passion and the fact the words are his .. its mesmerizing ! I really think the best singers are the singers who have voices that may not be perfect but are full of emotion ! This song makes me want to cry !

It seems to be live for a studio record , which I love ! That electronic atmosphere under the acoustic guitar makes the song a futuristic evolution of Parachutes. A mix of Careful where you stand , we never change , Spies ... Everything I love , so I cannot dislike this song !

Studio version sounds great, but I'd take away the echo on his voice at some parts.

Yeah, exactly, that's what I thought, too. Maybe it fits to the concept of a deep ocean and the sonar sound but acutally I like Chris' natural pure voice best in this song, that would lead me into the other quote ^^

Still prefer the live version, but I'll wait to hear the full thing in good quality before making a judgement

For me personally, again his pure voice with his clear pronounciation of every word only enhances the emotions going right into my heart, you can almost feel his pain and desperation, like someone is cutting into your skin or so.

And during the studio version his voice is slightly less clear, some sort of mumbling. That weakens the aforementioned effect in my eyes....

Nevertheless, the song will be definitely be one of my favourites on this album and the effects on the acoustic guitar in the studio version are even quite nice, I think. =)

the best song (just before midnight) I've heard in full from the album so far, really curious for that Timbaland collab though and just what tone the other songs will have

Great song. Takes me way way back to the days of The Blue Room (and See You Soon). Happy days.

Yep definatley I listened to the Shiver single (skipping shiver it's self :P) and listened to For You and Careful where You stand and then Oceans and it just fitted so perfectly!