✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

Oceans

Tash

I haven't been in this forum for a while, but today I felt the desire to return because I have to say that I LOVE THIS SONG SO MUCH!!! I liked Midnight and Magic although they don't sound like classic Coldplay, but I think they are a great change of direction after Mylo Xyloto (from which I'm not a big fan) but this song is so Parachutes that made me feel like I was listening to a lost track from that album... As kaisin said I know bands should evolve, but it's wonderful to hear a song that sounds like the old times when I became a fan a I used to listen Parachutes and AROBTTH over and over again

• Replies 217
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This is just phenomenal. I love the title as well, in my opinion it would be a better album title, but I say that without hearing the album (plus I'm usually wrong anyway ;) ). My only complaint is that it barely features Guy. I love the 'radar' noise too.

Here's a new SoundCloud link that (at time of writing) is active: https://soundcloud.com/clubcoldplayer/oceans-coldplay-live

I was reading what subreddit r/Coldplay had to say about it and someone who went to the secret gigs mentioned that they remembered the song having a longer instrumental part. So maybe thats where the extra time between this live version and the iTunes version went. Probably edited for radio performance.

In case no one posted the lyrics yet, here they are:

Wait for your caller

The call never came

Ready to follow

Ready to claim

I'm ready for it all, love

I'm ready for the change

Meet under ......?

Meet me again, in the rain

In the rain

Behind the walls, love

I'm trying to change

I'm ready for the pain

So meet under blue skies

Meet me again, in the rain

In the rain

In the rain

The rain

Got to find yourself alone in this world

Got to find yourself alone

Pretty sure the first line is: wait for your call, love

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

These are the lyrics as I hear them. (Edited version of what DieProspekt posted).

Wait for your call, love

The call never came

Ready to fall, love

Ready to claim

I'm ready for the change

Meet under sun

Meet me again

In the rain

In the rain

Behind the walls, love

I'm trying to change

I'm ready for the pain

So meet under blue skies

Meet me again

In the rain

In the rain

In the rain

The rain

I'm unsure if he says "a love in this world" or "alone in this world" in the last bit. Can anybody hear that?

The Coldplay I fell in love with :heart:

Wow.... Just wow!! This is straight out of between Parachutes and Rush of Blood b-side (definitely NOT a diss). On par with Moses, See You Soon, Animals, and Murder. This song has put me over the top!!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It's a long time since Chris's icy beautiful and falsetto vocals have been allowed to return to the fore. It's been too long and it sounds as beautiful as it did 10+ years ago. No need for overdubs and the drowning of his voice from production as was the case on MX and some of VLV.

Oceans = vintage Coldplay. That's praise indeed if, like me, you didn't like MX.

My thoughts exactly. This is better than I ever expected and its a breathtaking song. Best song from the album for me so far. I can understand that some may find it boring, but this is exactly the Coldplay I fell in love it.

The strings + Jonny's wondrous guitar + Chris on the acoustic and his falsetto = PERFECTION!

These are the lyrics as I hear them. (Edited version of what DieProspekt posted).

Wait for your call, love

The call never came

Ready to fall, love

Ready to claim

I'm ready for the change

Meet under sun

Meet me again

In the rain

In the rain

Behind the walls, love

I'm trying to change

I'm ready for the pain

So meet under blue skies

Meet me again

In the rain

In the rain

In the rain

The rain

I'm unsure if he says "a love in this world" or "alone in this world" in the last bit. Can anybody hear that?

I heard the latter, which makes the song even more depressing.

By depressing I mean amazingly haunting.

Coldplay + sad/calm songs + Chris challenging his voice = YES PLEASE PLEAAAAAASE

Did anybody else start fidgeting once the bass and the synths came in? Holy damn that was like Parachutes 2.0

Reminds me so much of "Spies" and all the other Parachutes tracks, love it! But also feels like Fink's "This is the Thing" if you ask me.

Just listened to it about 3 or 4 times, but it is definitley one of my favourites of GS, together with Midnight until now. :thumbsup:

Really like it.

And yeah, parachutes all over it... Throw in a couple of old forgotten demos, like Ghost...

Magic)

and the beeping beat in the beginning...wow. So simple and so nice.

that sonar sound got me too!