✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

A Sky Full Of Stars!! (Out now - See first post)

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think that this song is actually going to be the big hit of LP6. Just a feeling. Love the lyrics. Someone on Twitter said it has a sound similar to that of DLIBYH!

Oh good gracious, no, let's hope not.

Liking the lyrics though as long as the delivery is good.

A Review coming from trojanchick99(from u2interference.com, a U2 forum):

I just got back from seeing Coldplay film for an upcoming DVD and NBC special.

They are making a Ghost Stories DVD of live performances of each album track. It's being filmed over 3 days so I didn't hear every song, but did hear Magic, Midnight, Another's Arms, Always in my Head, True Love and Sky Full of Stars.

The best tracks for me were Midnight which is a live highlight. Guy played bass on the lasers again, and I'm not sure what Will was playing but it was super cool.

My other favorite was Sky Full of Stars which was the biggest song. It was everything Paradise tried to be but couldn't. It has a great piano hook, then builds, and resolves into a huge hook where everyone in the audience goes nuts. Almost no one had ever heard that song and yet it instantly connected. Were the lyrics a smidge cheesy, yes, but that's Chris.

True Love is a ballad and lyrically is a bit on the dark side. It's pretty and it like just about everything I've heard off of Ghost Stories is better than anything off of MX. It has the same restraint as the other songs we've heard.

Magic, Always in my Head and Another's Arms were performed similarly to the iTunes festival. I love, love, love the direction they have gone.

As for the actual DVD, it's got a concept and there will be some bits that aren't live performances. The set itself was completely in the round. I was from row behind Will. Chris even went airborne in a harness, a la Pink.

Lastly, he was just great throughout this. Since it was a taping, we arrived at noon, waited to get seated for 3 hours, then they started and stopped for some shots periodically. Chris essentially became the audience warm up comic, and was pretty amusing. He was so sincere, and joked about how uncool they all were, except for Guy. It was a great experience and I cannot wait for this album to be released.

It sounds promising. I hope the album version is not over produced like DLIBYH.

It seems like most people who have heard the song like it very much. That makes me wonder why the band doesn't make it their next single. Although I like Always in my head, it doesn't sound like it will turn into a hit.

I can't believe this…I am having trouble hearing the melody in my head, even as the lyrics are giving me the rhythm…I think because someone mentioned DLIBYH and now I can't get THAT out of my head. Blame it on taking a red-eye back to DC last night and going to work right away; my brain is a mush. Hopefully, I will dream about it tonight and crank it out on the piano (and have my husband wonder why I'm playing the piano at 3 a.m.!)

I play the piano but am on sensory overload from the concert. I'm going to have to go through all of the songs in my head when I've had a chance to process :)

This has the potential to be one of my all time favorite Coldplay songs. I don't remember the last time I had such an immediate reaction to a song. I think the band were taken aback by it. Heck Phil came in after and asked them to play it again since the audience reaction was so strong.

I'm really curious to hear the studio version. I have hope after hearing studio versus live of Midnight and Magic that this one won't be overdone in the studio.

I havent been able to get the tune out of my head since saturday. Lyrics are simple, but the sound is just something else. During the taping, Chris tried to teach the audience this chant to do at the end of the song for the DVD, and so he played the chorus or something ("Because you're a sky,

You're A sky full of stars, Such a heavenly view, Such a heavenly view) on the piano by himself, without the rest of the band. Even that just sounded amazing. I just cant wait till they release this song.

I havent been able to get the tune out of my head since saturday. Lyrics are simple, but the sound is just something else. During the taping, Chris tried to teach the audience this chant to do at the end of the song for the DVD, and so he played the chorus or something ("Because you're a sky,

You're A sky full of stars, Such a heavenly view, Such a heavenly view) on the piano by himself, without the rest of the band. Even that just sounded amazing. I just cant wait till they release this song.

Can you play out the melody? Hum it? Lol

It sounds promising. I hope the album version is not over produced like DLIBYH.

It seems like most people who have heard the song like it very much. That makes me wonder why the band doesn't make it their next single. Although I like Always in my head, it doesn't sound like it will turn into a hit.

There's no confirmation Always In My Head will be their second single, so I'm assuming this one will be their 'big' single, looking at the reaction.

From the dailybeast.com

The new album, played in full for the first time, struck me as one of the finest pop releases so far this year. (It also struck me, even before I heard about Martin’s impending divorce, as an obvious breakup album.) Opener “Always in My Head” was a dreamy lost-love song with a chiming, circular guitar line—the perfect slow dance for Prom 2014. “Magic” and “Midnight” were both excellent as well, replacing stadium bombast with a newfound sense of simplicity and restraint. The daft, ecstatic EDM stomper “A Sky Full of Stars,” meanwhile, seemed destined for club ubiquity. Best of all was “True Love,” which married Coldplay’s loveliest melody to date—a vertiginous, asymmetrical, absolutely exquisite piece of writing—to a soul-baring set of lyrics by Martin. “Say that you love me,” he pleaded again and again, presumably to Paltrow. “If you don’t, lie to me.” These songs weren’t created to compete with Animal Collective’s or The Knife’s in the integrity sweepstakes; they were designed, like Rihanna’s and Lady Gaga’s, to activate our brain’s primordial dopamine pathways as quickly and painlessly as possible. That Coldplay (a real, live band) is able to reach these reptilian pop pleasure centers without the help of professional songwriters or backing musicians is a rare (and rather admirable) feat these days.