✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

A Sky Full Of Stars!! (Out now - See first post)

Poor song but hey hopefully Another's Arms etc will compensate.

I REALLY hope the other song's don't get overproduced like the way they hurt my baby HLH :'(

Looking forward these fuckers coming to London in July! 3rd Coldplay gig fingers crosssedddddd!!!

Gonna rave to a song I don't even like :laugh:

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Could we perhaps see another Lost? (?) -just to emphasize the question mark haha

A version (Target edition?) with just Chris on piano. I get a feeling that'd be incredible.

On another note, I have to ask why Will seems to be doing hardly anything on this album. Has he deliberately chosen to play a bigger role in arranging than full-out drumming or have the band just not given him the material to go nuts on? I miss ROBTTH Will- In my Place, Politik, and God Put a Smile to name a few. Feel a bit sorry for him

Could we perhaps see another Lost? (?) -just to emphasize the question mark haha

A version (Target edition?) with just Chris on piano. I get a feeling that'd be incredible.

On another note, I have to ask why Will seems to be doing hardly anything on this album. Has he deliberately chosen to play a bigger role in arranging than full-out drumming or have the band just not given him the material to go nuts on? I miss ROBTTH Will- In my Place, Politik, and God Put a Smile to name a few. Feel a bit sorry for him

I don't like it. I'm not gonna go all balistic like some people and declare GS as a bad album cause one song is not my cup of tea. I still believe in GS.

as for the ASFOS... IMO its overly produced, but that was expected since Avicii worked on it. It will probably be a low point on the album for me. But that does not mean the album will be bad, cause personally I love all the other songs that came out.

Also I think that it probably sounds way better live.

Avicii ruined this song, imo. This song does not need synths at all. Really, Coldplay should just stay away from that crap. I hope Avicii never touches another Coldplay song again. Live will definitely be better. I just hope they put out another studio version of this song without the synths. Maybe if they do an EP they can put that on there. Kind of like how Lovers in Japan had several versions. *Fingers crossed*

I HATE hearing people saying "This is not Coldplay".

I mean ... You are not (these people) the one who decide what Coldplay is meant to be. It is their band. Sure, the band could, would and surely change throughout the years, and it might not be the Coldplay you used to know and love. But still, IT IS COLDPLAY.

And I am so glad they're trying to move forward, express themselves without doing the same songs over and over again. This is one of the main reason I love Coldplay so much. And I thought most of you people understood that with the breathtaking interview of Chris yesterday.

Coldplay will always be Coldplay

lol in my place has one of the most boring drum beats lol

Guest howyousawtheworld

I like it. It's anthemic in a very different way from the usual Coldplay anthem. Yes, it's EDM and it's a dance hit but it's something different. It sounds a stonker live as well where Jonny's guitar is a lot more outward. It will sound eclectic within an otherwise understated album making it more than acceptable. If a whole album was produced in this manner then I would have a problem but do you know what, it's just one song. It doesn't set a precedent like the singles released for MX which were too much and showed the way to an album that was ultimately, a complete mess. This won't be and that's a large part as to why I like it. Knowing what is on either side of this track makes for a pretty eclectic and stunning end to an album which I think will rival AROBTTH and Viva as their best work.

Many of you guys are just disappointed at the moment because you hyped it so much.. Wait and see, it will certainly grow on you...

I think this is the biggest problem with the song (at least with me).

I was expecting a "huge/great/amazing" song and we got a "meh" one.

I don't hate it, but I don't love it.

Guys, believe me or not, but this song is gona be number one all over the world in the charts. I saw them playing this song last friday and Chris was dancing like crazy on this song! You have to think you are in the middle of the crowd and you hear this song while star shaped confetti is falling down everywhere... You can't stay still during this song! I must say i like EDM/House music too but i think this is gonna be my favorite song on the album.

Lots of things I wanna say in regards to certain Coldplayers who hyped this to the point of no return only for us to be shot down upon hearing this work of monstrosity. Unfortunately i'd probably get blocked and feel bad in hindsight. WTF. WT(actual)F.

Live, let's be honest, will see this song as a great anthem rocker. But that's not the Coldplay I want to listen to on the train. It's not even a good house song. it's got synths. that's about it. and is upbeat. Call me a pessimist but I preferred being called middle aged (i'm 17) due to my love of Coldplay's depressing music than being the fan of a band who 6 year old fangirls listen to, and who collaborate with Avicci and Rihanna. The song ISN'T like YELLOW. nor is it like VIVA or ETIAW. Even waterfall had more instrumental value than this. Has johnny be hung? why can we not hear any electirc guitar?

Wasn't GS meant to be genuine coldplay, getting back to their indie-acoustic routes?

OH AND for the record, change is good when done in a good way ie muse. Change is also good when lyrics go from good to amazing.

Parachutes - amazing

AROB - amazing

X&Y - every song was similar sounding :laugh3: but amazing.

Viva - amazing. pure art. dark, bright, colourful. best album they've bade.

MX - shitstainly overproduced

GS - seems to be a few piano songs, Oceans which is great, Magic which is so 'Now this is' album worthy it's ridiculous.

Another's arms seems decent despite the atrocious lyrics.

Depressing. All the hype for this and most of us are too sheep-like to admit we don't like it. Fair enough if you actually do but to say 'OMG COLDPLAY U R AMAZE XX LOV U U CAN DO NO WRONG' but then openly criticise any top 40 act makes you a liar and a hypocrite.

#WeWantOurColdplayBack

:uhoh: I mean, you need to understand music in context. Yellow was as "pop" for the early 2000's as this is for 2014 which I don't see you complaining about, and it's not amazing, it's not fantastic but it's not horrible either. It's okay at best and worst. I'm much more ashamed to hear Princess of China, Magic, and Paradise with Coldplay's name on it as opposed to this. Coldplay has been a "Top 40 Act" since 2003 when Clocks charted at 29 if you want to get technical and to be honest you're wasting your time. Chris said it himself in the Zane Lowe, he doesn't care what people think of the music they're making anymore. Even if it's not the direction I'd personally desire, I'm glad they're willing to evolve musically and not remain safe and stagnant the way someone like The Fray does for example. You can't control what the band does and frankly I'm just glad we haven't had Miley Cyrus in any of the new music because Chris has talked about his admiration for less-than-great artists in the past so I'm not surprised by this, I'm just thankful it's not worse. I can't imagine who they would've collaborated with if it wasn't for Will laying down the hammer. :thinking:

I loved it :D Especially the ending with such a heavenly view and the instrumental at the end!

Do you dance on your car for the other 300+ songs? :P

No, for some I do some kind of... weird movements (only when I'm alone and sure nobody can see me) and for some I just sit and enjoy the song :p