✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

A Sky Full Of Stars!! (Out now - See first post)

I've got Oceans from Radio 1 on repeat, but I have a feeling this song won't get much play in my house. Having listened to it twice I'm sure it will grow on me, but right now I'm kinda thinking I'd enjoy an 'acoustic' version much better. It sounds to me like a song I'd hear on top 40 radio...only a chick would be singing it. I still think there's something for me on this album though and am anxiously awaiting its arrival.

I agree with you on Oceans, been listening to it since my train ride home yesterday :D

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest kmm1482
I agree with you on Oceans, been listening to it since my train ride home yesterday :D

I'm obsessed with Oceans, gave me goosebumps! Listened on repeat. Same with Magic, and I finally came around on Midnight. With this song, I wanted to turn it off halfway through.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have heard them and like them but I would say there is a difference to how they used to be in terms of production, it is very heavily produced where as even in Viva it was never over produced it was to the right amount suited to the style and sound of the album. P.s. I really like the new songs this is not a criticism! :)

I don't think the same, the album is not overproduced, it's actually pretty simple and raw most of the times, even Midnight with all the electronic is very simple and that his beauty

I really like the instrumental version of the song. Even if its fan-made, i hope they play it like that live ^^

This. So much better, it's sad to realize how great the song could've been if they applied the album philosophy to this song like they should have and stripped it down from its excesses

NEVER thought you'd like it, are you serious?

you find me listening to metal and then 5 minutes after you find me listening to nicki minaj or tiesto

I love every genre of music but country and rap as long as it has a mature production

and this is the best production coldplay had since viva la vida and i love it, from oceans to asfos

Thanks, great to read again. The vibes were much more bitter than they are now. I think some of them never came back from it.

If you go to here: http://www.coldplaying.com/forum/threads/77020-Coldplay-Greatest-downfall-in-the-history-of-music/page2

a user named: coldplay_is_louve says: It is a pretty big step down. These new songs included.

and then you see her sig and avatar are both from ETIAW! fail.

I don't think the same, the album is not overproduced, it's actually pretty simple and raw most of the times, even Midnight with all the electronic is very simple and that his beauty

Well I guess we just have different opinions then and that's okay. I do like the new album material but I prefer when the production was less overbearing in my opinion. I know there are different style songs on the album though:)

Hearing midnight for the first time, I thought it was elevator music. I really genuinely like it now. I'm sure Asfos is exactly the same (although not elevator music obviously xD)

Im sure this will grow on uncertain fans :)

Oh boy, when I heard midnight i thought it was terrible. I loved Magic, and everyone else seemed to hate it and I was very confused, as to me it was wayy better than Midnight. I then saw them play it live during the Itunes event, and that laser harp Guy was playing was just like :O

If you go to here: http://www.coldplaying.com/forum/threads/77020-Coldplay-Greatest-downfall-in-the-history-of-music/page2

a user named: coldplay_is_louve says: It is a pretty big step down. These new songs included.

and then you see her sig and avatar are both from ETIAW! fail.

oh lol

http://www.coldplaying.com/forum/threads/77020-Coldplay-Greatest-downfall-in-the-history-of-music?p=4811473&viewfull=1#post4811473

to be fair maybe she just liked the video but not the song

*THIS IS WITH LOVE FOR ALL MY FELLOW POSTERS*

Ah, so a new Coldplay single being discussed on the boards huh?!?

Let’s see if we have everything covered…

People claiming that they are done with Coldplay forever but immediately continuing to post? Check!

People telling other people who like the song that they are sheep who will like anything? Check!

People telling people who don’t like the song that they need to move on from Parachutes? Check!

People voicing what it means to be the mythical “true” fan and in turn judging those with an opposite opinion as “untrue” fans? Check!

A few poor souls trying to be a voice of reason and tell everyone that it is just one song? Check!

People using heavy amounts of sarcasm to voice their opinion on other’s opinions of the song? Check!

Other people not recognizing that sarcasm and blasting the sarcastic poster even though they actually agree with what they are saying? Check!

People asking where Will and Guy are on the song? Check

Someone saying to listen to one song and listen to this implying that the first song is better? Check!

Someone making a plea to the band to return to their old ways? Check!

Someone keeping faith that the live version will be better? Check!

Someone telling people that if they listen to it more they will learn to like it? Check

Someone telling the band Coldplay that they are not the band Coldplay anymore just in case the band Coldplay was under some confusion that they still are actually the band Coldplay? Check!

Someone asking for a new official EP super deluxe acoustic version of a song that was just released 15 minutes ago? Check!

Some smart ass (that’s me!) making a post referencing how this happens every time Coldplay release a new single? Check!

I think we got 'em all... Good Work Guys!!!

Ok. I hate it when people are like "I want the old Coldplay back". Look they are trying new things. IMO this fits perfectly with the album and many people will disagree. Have you ever been so down and out and feel alone and then when you snap out of it you feel like you can just dance and feel good. Thats the message this song is portraying. The reason that its like EDM is because its supposed to give you that "Hey Im ok and im really happy, so lets dance" feeling.