✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

A Sky Full Of Stars!! (Out now - See first post)

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

TRUST ME MAN THIS SONG IS WORSE THAN THE NSA SPYING ON US, THE CITIZENS OF NORTH KOREA BEING TORTURED, THE MH370 PLANE MISSING! THIS SONG IS THAT BAD THAT IT IS WORSE THAN ANYTHING ELSE IN THE UNIVERSE! LISTENING TO THIS SONG MAKES ME HATE ALL OF COLDPLAY! IM SO ASHAMED OF THE BAND! I CAN NEVER FORGIVE THEM. I HOPE THEY DIE! AND WHEN THEY DO I HOPE THEY LOOK UP AND SEE A SKY FULL OF STARS SO THEY KNOW HOW BADLY THEY F'D UP AND RUINED EVERYTHING FOR EVERY FAN EVER!

Stop yourself... Now.. Have you ever been a fan?

Listened to it for I dunno, 11 times now, and don't want to listen to it anymore, whereas I can listen to Always In Your head for like hours.

WELL let's just say, the song is fucking powerful live and I loved it, I guess it's just too upbeat and EDM for me. It definitely sounds like a cool Coldplay remix, but not like an actually Coldplay song.

I agree with you, AIMH (Did you just wrote Always in Your Head ^^?) is so peaceful and beautiful that there is no limit for how often you can listen to it.

But without the loud EDM synths and other noises, ASFOS would be also a little bit less annoying in the long run (and it certainly doesn't need those EDM extra synths to be powerful as we see from the second verse on where there is first only guitar and so on.)

Nevertheless, in the right mood, I can totally enjoy it, especially during a concert like we experienced on friday =)

TRUST ME MAN THIS SONG IS WORSE THAN THE NSA SPYING ON US, THE CITIZENS OF NORTH KOREA BEING TORTURED, THE MH370 PLANE MISSING! THIS SONG IS THAT BAD THAT IT IS WORSE THAN ANYTHING ELSE IN THE UNIVERSE! LISTENING TO THIS SONG MAKES ME HATE ALL OF COLDPLAY! IM SO ASHAMED OF THE BAND! I CAN NEVER FORGIVE THEM. I HOPE THEY DIE! AND WHEN THEY DO I HOPE THEY LOOK UP AND SEE A SKY FULL OF STARS SO THEY KNOW HOW BADLY THEY F'D UP AND RUINED EVERYTHING FOR EVERY FAN EVER!

In case you guys still haven't noticed. Sarcasm.

I haven't been here long enough but I can only imagine the frenzy when VIVA first came out...

Viva (the single that is when it leaked) was quite low key actually, came out one morning no one was expecting it, was just casually browsing the multimedia forum while at college haha then I was like 'whats this??' :) then the hype quickly built up!

Can't we all just be happy that Coldplay made a happy song instead of a sad song? Seeing this live and seeing them performing this is so amazing. They had so much fun in playing this live. Alright I agree it's a bit over-produced, a bit too much EDM but they wouldn't have made this song if they didn't want it. I guess this song is their ''liberation'' of all the sad things that have happened and so it bursts out in happiness. You don't have to like it or listen to it if you don't want to, they have an entire album full of different types of songs. I think they just felt the need to have that one song which stands out from the rest, not necessarily because of the music but because of the different athmosphere which, I think is, bringing light and colour into the darkness. It definitely isn't one of their best songs but it's a smash hit live! It's euphoric .

Can't we all just be happy that Coldplay made a happy song instead of a sad song? Seeing this live and seeing them performing this is so amazing. They had so much fun in playing this live. Alright I agree it's a bit over-produced, a bit too much EDM but they wouldn't have made this song if they didn't want it. I guess this song is their ''liberation'' of all the sad things that have happened and so it bursts out in happiness. You don't have to like it or listen to it if you don't want to, they have an entire album full of different types of songs. I think they just felt the need to have that one song which stands out from the rest, not necessarily because of the music but because of the different athmosphere which, I think is, bringing light and colour into the darkness. It definitely isn't one of their best songs but it's a smash hit live! It's euphoric .

A very dutch and correct approach ;) haha

I still wonder how a band like Coldplay can have such hipster fans, lol

As someone who is often deemed a 'hipster' (except I'm not sure that I really fit the bill, because I literally just listen to whatever the hell I want, and a lot of that just happens to be 'indie' bands) I would say Coldplay still attracts them because the band just make such good music. If they were mainstream and crap, it would be a whole different story I think, but the fact that they're great and just so happen to be one of the biggest bands in the world is perhaps excusable. I think it's because they have a musical value that, say, Miley Cyrus doesn't. I mean, real hipsters of course wouldn't touch Coldplay with a barge pole, because they have more than 12 fans :laugh3:

On another note, I haven't had a chance to listen to the track yet as I was out, but I'm so intrigued to listen to it now that I've seen the reaction on here! Will report back...