✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

A Sky Full Of Stars!! (Out now - See first post)

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Eeh... it's ok. It's not bad but... I don't get all the hype this song was getting.

At least it's better than the para-para-paradise or the wa-wa-waterfal.

Maybe it comes across better live? :shrug:

Xylobands are from a by gone era, one of which I would actually want back. I think Chris has made a mistake with Avicii, but you know, what can you do? Either like the song or don't, and I do like it, but it's nothing like a Coldplay song

Guest kmm1482
I love the song, but I don't understand why this is the song that everybody from the studio session was raving about- from the snippet we've heard, O sounds like the best song on the album. Even Oceans is absolutely stunning, but nobody seemed to mention them

Exactly! This does nothing for me. To me, it sounds like everything else on the radio just featuring Chris on vocals.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I think Paradise has an great musical arrangement. So why the hate ?!

Both will be bombs in a live concert.

I'm talking about the lyrics. I prefer the "sky, sky full of stars" to the "para-para-paradise" parts. Just that :nice:

Guys have understood that a great album needs a poppy number one hit like this. That's a fun song, but that's all (for the moment, i know that my feeling is gonna change whenever I listen to it) - a fun melody, but I might be liking it only because that's a Coldplay song). I don't really know, after all the hype the song received, from the Sony gigs to the Cologne show. ETIAW was better IMO.

I already know that i'm not gonna hate it. A song like this is a good one in a depressive LP.

Is there 1 genre they can't do? I smell a number 1 and I found myself dancing on my chair, but that was about it. I hope it will grow on me, but at this point I just think it's a nice song and I can name +300 songs I like more. The first Coldplay song I don't really like? Oh well it had to happen at some point I guess.

I love the song, but I don't understand why this is the song that everybody from the studio session was raving about- from the snippet we've heard, O sounds like the best song on the album. Even Oceans is absolutely stunning, but nobody seemed to mention them

I was thinking the same. Maybe it's the bliss of a concert that made it stand out live. To me it's nothing compared to a song like Oceans.

It does have potential as an acoustic song, because I feel like it doesn't need the EDM part at all.

Well that was disappointing. I mean it's not a bad song but with all the hype it was getting, I expected something else. Anyway, I love all the other tracks from the album we've heard so far so my expectations are still high for the whole of it.

Okay, I'll be honest. I originally didn't like the live performance or the 30 snippet, but this is a LOT better.

And this is coming from someone who hates EDM. It'll definitely grow on me and I would definitely rate it higher then I did before. I still think O will be the highlight track for me though. However, don't think for a second that I love this song, I still don't really think it's good. It's better than it was before, but it's still too generic for me.

Edit: I agree this song was definitely over hyped though. It's ok, but it's nowhere near Viva La Vida, it's not even as good as Paradise, imo. I also don't think this will be as huge as people are making it out to be. Will it be successful, absolutely. The next Viva La Vida? F no, not even close.#1 on the charts? Maybe not. Then again, most people like these kinds of songs, but it's not really for me. Not a bad song, I just think it would've been so much better without the synths. Would've been great with just the guitar and piano.