✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

A Sky Full Of Stars!! (Out now - See first post)

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The thing is, for four albums Coldplay were just so good. They were incredible and incredibly consistent too. They were great to listen to and musically genius. Each album they were slightly different, same core sound- different style. With album five the difference was they changed significantly this time. Which wasn't bad or worse but unprecedentedly different. They modernised and there's no shame in that, they are arguably twice as famous and such a global musical giant now but things have changed; things have moved on. We need to accept that and I think it's a crossroads: if you liked the Coldplay that produced Amsterdam, Everything's not lost, A message and Death and all his friends and only liked that Coldplay then I think that band has ended it's run now. But if you can adapt like they've adapted you needed to understand that their style has changed. Mylo Xyloto was the start of a new band, not a worse band, not a better one. But new in it's delivery of it's art and in all fairness it's a art itself.

Ok I'm gonna assume you haven't listen to the other songs of the album, because you dead wrong this is the album more similar to the first two

I'm getting annoyed by people getting annoyed over people getting annoyed by this song. Yes it's just one song, but sprouts are only one vegetable and I'm still going to say they stink a bit because that's what a veggie forum is for... :uhoh:

In my memory it was much worse when ETIAW came out. A lot of people seem to be OK with this one.

I actually like the melody. Going to say it one more time: it needs an acoustic version.

The lyrics are cheesy but kinda cute. Such a heavenly view, aaaawwww...

I'll tell you now it certainly isn't my cup of tea, I'd never actively seek this song out if I weren't a Coldplay fan. However I realise it is a fun little ditty in a somewhat heartbreaking album.

The great part is all you fuckers with your over reactions. I shared all your scepticism when ETIAW dropped back in 2011 because it was the only song we had to go on for MX at that time and it didn't give me hope for what was to come and sure enough I wasn't and I'm still not a huge fan of MX (Don't touch Us Against the World though.) but now we've heard most of Ghost Stories and all we've heard (IMO) is fantastic and as a classic Coldplay fan it's all I can ask for.

Then this song drops and you all lose your shit. Yeah it's not paticularly ground breaking but I'm sure it'll work great within the context of the rest of the album and if you feel it doesn't then skip it to 'O' cause holy shit that song is gorgeous. Patience my children.

I've got Oceans from Radio 1 on repeat, but I have a feeling this song won't get much play in my house. Having listened to it twice I'm sure it will grow on me, but right now I'm kinda thinking I'd enjoy an 'acoustic' version much better. It sounds to me like a song I'd hear on top 40 radio...only a chick would be singing it. I still think there's something for me on this album though and am anxiously awaiting its arrival.

That one song

A self-written poem

In all my endless dreams

Full of weird and awful themes

I hoped for Chris and the boys to write

Awesome songs about the night

So when my phone let me know

That this song got released, I stubbed my toe

Out of excitement because I ran

Right to my laptop, I felt like a man

But then me and A Sky Full Of Stars actually meet

And the next moment my laptop finds itself lifeless on the street.

That one song

A self-written poem

In all my endless dreams

I thought you were done with coldplay for good? What happened to leaving?

Ok I'm gonna assume you haven't listen to the other songs of the album, because you dead wrong this is the album more similar to the first two

I have heard them and like them but I would say there is a difference to how they used to be in terms of production, it is very heavily produced where as even in Viva it was never over produced it was to the right amount suited to the style and sound of the album. P.s. I really like the new songs this is not a criticism! :)

That one song

A self-written poem

In all my endless dreams

still better lyrics than most of the pop songs