✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

A Sky Full Of Stars!! (Out now - See first post)

Well this is clearly House/Electro and in the style of Avicii songs ... We can hear sometimes Coldplay sound ( Jonny riff and Chris voice ) but in my opinion this is not enough !

However , still a very good song , with a lot of habby vibes and as i could read , this album needs this song , it's like more philosophical than it seems after all ... Try to love and be happy !

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The melody is extremely good. So is Chris's voice and Jonny's riff of course and its all ruined by the fact that its EDM. Why not do it how they've always done with Will on the drums. I hope people don't see this as the new Coldplay.

No worries though the rest of the album is superb. This is the only song I may skip.

So happy that we finally get to hear the full studio song! However, it's not my favorite... it's good but not really good in my opinion. Kinda wished that we would've received "Another's Arms" instead but at this point any Ghost Stories material is good :)

I loved it :D Especially the ending with such a heavenly view and the instrumental at the end!

Is there 1 genre they can't do? I smell a number 1 and I found myself dancing on my chair, but that was about it. I hope it will grow on me, but at this point I just think it's a nice song and I can name +300 songs I like more. The first Coldplay song I don't really like? Oh well it had to happen at some point I guess.

Do you dance on your car for the other 300+ songs? :P

Lots of things I wanna say in regards to certain Coldplayers who hyped this to the point of no return only for us to be shot down upon hearing this work of monstrosity. Unfortunately i'd probably get blocked and feel bad in hindsight. WTF. WT(actual)F.

Live, let's be honest, will see this song as a great anthem rocker. But that's not the Coldplay I want to listen to on the train. It's not even a good house song. it's got synths. that's about it. and is upbeat. Call me a pessimist but I preferred being called middle aged (i'm 17) due to my love of Coldplay's depressing music than being the fan of a band who 6 year old fangirls listen to, and who collaborate with Avicci and Rihanna. The song ISN'T like YELLOW. nor is it like VIVA or ETIAW. Even waterfall had more instrumental value than this. Has johnny be hung? why can we not hear any electirc guitar?

Wasn't GS meant to be genuine coldplay, getting back to their indie-acoustic routes?

OH AND for the record, change is good when done in a good way ie muse. Change is also good when lyrics go from good to amazing.

Parachutes - amazing

AROB - amazing

X&Y - every song was similar sounding :laugh3: but amazing.

Viva - amazing. pure art. dark, bright, colourful. best album they've bade.

MX - shitstainly overproduced

GS - seems to be a few piano songs, Oceans which is great, Magic which is so 'Now this is' album worthy it's ridiculous.

Another's arms seems decent despite the atrocious lyrics.

Depressing. All the hype for this and most of us are too sheep-like to admit we don't like it. Fair enough if you actually do but to say 'OMG COLDPLAY U R AMAZE XX LOV U U CAN DO NO WRONG' but then openly criticise any top 40 act makes you a liar and a hypocrite.

#WeWantOurColdplayBack

You mad bro?

Guest kmm1482

To all the people who said this was Yellow: Have ever actually heard Yellow?

An interesting experiment: listen to Don't Panic or Spies or High Speed, then listen to this. Your brain will explode.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Lots of things I wanna say in regards to certain Coldplayers who hyped this to the point of no return only for us to be shot down upon hearing this work of monstrosity. Unfortunately i'd probably get blocked and feel bad in hindsight. WTF. WT(actual)F.

Live, let's be honest, will see this song as a great anthem rocker. But that's not the Coldplay I want to listen to on the train. It's not even a good house song. it's got synths. that's about it. and is upbeat. Call me a pessimist but I preferred being called middle aged (i'm 17) due to my love of Coldplay's depressing music than being the fan of a band who 6 year old fangirls listen to, and who collaborate with Avicci and Rihanna. The song ISN'T like YELLOW. nor is it like VIVA or ETIAW. Even waterfall had more instrumental value than this. Has johnny be hung? why can we not hear any electirc guitar?

Wasn't GS meant to be genuine coldplay, getting back to their indie-acoustic routes?

OH AND for the record, change is good when done in a good way ie muse. Change is also good when lyrics go from good to amazing.

Parachutes - amazing

AROB - amazing

GS - seems to be a few piano songs, Oceans which is great, Magic which is so 'Now this is' album worthy it's ridiculous.

Depressing. All the hype for this and most of us are too sheep-like to admit we don't like it. Fair enough if you actually do but to say 'OMG COLDPLAY U R AMAZE XX LOV U U CAN DO NO WRONG' but then openly criticise any top 40 act makes you a liar and a hypocrite.

#WeWantOurColdplayBack

If you know anything about this forum, then it's that you don't get blocked for voicing your opinions.

Man how I wan't to beat up all those false disrespecting fans saying "this isn't Coldplay, we want old Coldplay back." This is exactly Coldplay, they are a band changing their style all the time

Yeh because being a total sheep makes you a good fan..?

Parachutes - amazing

AROB - amazing

#WeWantOurColdplayBack

Relax, lol. "O" will save us. It's the saving grace of this album.

What a great track, don't see how you could not appreciate this especially since it gives a perfect contrast to the rest of the album which is a modern Parachute and great :) .. This pumps it up and gives it some colour. I happen to also love melodic EDM like trance and progressive... this has influences of both. This album is a Heavenly View

Guest kmm1482
Man how I wan't to beat up all those false disrespecting fans saying "this isn't Coldplay, we want old Coldplay back." This is exactly Coldplay, they are a band changing their style all the time

No, this song is a band using everyone else's style. I have found the one song on this album I will be skipping.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yeh because being a total sheep makes you a good fan..?

Why the fuck are you calling people sheep because they like a song? You make yourself look ridiculous in the past few posts. This is a different direction for coldplay, I may not like the song but I understand why people do. This forum is actually very good at taking criticism to coldplay, there is rarely blind followers here.

This song is catchy and is fun to listen too, people like this style of music. News flash not everyone likes the same music you like. Don't start name calling people on here because they like a song you don't. You "claimed" your middle aged (17 wtf?) if you are going to claim you are an adult act like one.

Parachutes - amazing

AROB - amazing

#WeWantOurColdplayBack

Then go listen to the old stuff. The best thing about Coldplay is that, as they've made more music, they've dipped into so many different genres. No matter what mood you're in, there's a Coldplay song to match the mood. I'm 17 too and I love their slow, depressing songs too, but you can't be in that mood all the time. Sometimes you're feeling ecstatic (like when a new Coldplay song is about to drop), and you want to dance and go bat shit crazy. A Sky Full of Stars gives even more depth to Coldplay's music

Why the fuck are you calling people sheep because they like a song? You make yourself look ridiculous in the past few posts. This is a different direction for coldplay, I may not like the song but I understand why people do. This forum is actually very good at taking criticism to coldplay, there is rarely blind followers here.

This song is catchy and is fun to listen too, people like this style of music. News flash not everyone likes the same music you like. Don't start name calling people on here because they like a song you don't. You "claimed" your middle aged (17 wtf?) if you are going to claim you are an adult act like one.

HA. if you read what I originally wrote ,you'll find I actually said 'fair enough if you like the song'.

I'm not criticising people for liking the song, merely hyping it and comparing it to Yellow, VLV etc.

You obviously did NOT get the middle aged reference and he clearly is a sheep for threatening to 'beat people up' because they prefer old Coldplay to new.