✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

NBC DVD SPECIAL TRAILER! (May 18, 2014)

johnpham2014

Great points here. I think in the MX era, they wanted to do the festival's but needed to play new songs even though the album wasn't quite done yet. So as mentioned above, by the time the album release rolled around, the excitement died down. Where as the Ghost Stories release is just a few weeks away, and the excitement is just beginning!

Sent from my EVO using Tapatalk

• Replies 391
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Technically, we will be listening to the entire album live before we listen to the studio album, if the special is the album live like it was filmed. And it would work too, with 42 minutes of album time, probably add ten minutes of commercials and a few minutes of non live parts.

I can't even watch the damn thing...It keeps crashing at 28 seconds .But I see my pale mug next to Dianne!!....

....and that random guy was totally stoked but I had to school him on how to make sure we made it into the vid...

He had his arms folded and I let him know he better show some enthusiasm or we'd never be immortalized in a Coldplay TV special...

it worked and it definitely helped him have more fun loosening up.

I can't wait for CPers going to the LA and NY shows to be blown away!!!!

Awesome!! I really happy for the hardcore fans who got this awesome moments with Coldplay!! Thanks for sharing your experience:)

So do we know details about the DVD? Does it come with the album or separate?
So far there's no indication that this will be a DVD. It is a TV special. Would be great if they release it at some point as a DVD, but it hasn't been confirmed by the band so until then I'd only consider it a TV special.

I reckon it looks as if too much effort was put in to make it a stand alone TV special.

Just from watching the trailer, it looks like a gem a lot of Coldplay fans would love to keep forever.

Having said that, if it is just a TV special, download it from somewhere on the net.

I have no doubt it will become available somewhere.

I've just watched the extended trailer for Ghost Stories, I'm speechless, it's blown me away, so beautiful, wouldn't that be so cool if all the shows were like that, got to go again!! So wonderful to have them back xxx❤️❤️❤️

^^ this

I wish theyd tell you what this trailer is exactly for. Im guessing its not for the album but for a tv special of a concert?

Will they be performing the concert live or has it already been filmed?

And if this isnt on a uk channel i will explode with rage

I wish theyd tell you what this trailer is exactly for. Im guessing its not for the album but for a tv special of a concert?

Will they be performing the concert live or has it already been filmed?

And if this isnt on a uk channel i will explode with rage

I highly suggest you do some research for yourself-- you may even want to try looking on Coldplay's website for these answers :sneaky:

I highly suggest you do some research for yourself-- you may even want to try looking on Coldplay's website for these answers :sneaky:

Its been a year since i last knew what coldplay was doing lol. I got a lot of catching up to do

"recorded in front of an 800-person audience in Los Angeles in March" So did anyone here attend this taping?

Oh, just a few

http://www.coldplaying.com/forum/threads/99182-21-Mar-2014-Coldplay-Sony-Pictures-Studios-Los-Angeles-USA

http://www.coldplaying.com/forum/threads/99183-22-Mar-2014-Coldplay-Sony-Pictures-Studios-Los-Angeles-USA

http://www.coldplaying.com/forum/threads/99194-23-Mar-2014-Coldplay-Sony-Pictures-Studios-Los-Angeles-USA

Edit: oh, and thats the misty that Chris mentioned in the radio show who helped design the set is mentioned on the site

I honestly like the sound better on here :) you can here chris's real voice more :]

I almost forgot to ask this ^^

Does anybody have an idea if this different sound will be there acutal album version of Midnight on GS or is it just a special version for this trailer or during the Midnight performance in the NBC special?

Because I really like the added sound or differences to the version we got in March. :D

tvspecial.jpg

Sky Arts to broadcast TV Special in UK

6 May 2014 10:40 am

Channel to host an entire Coldplay Night on 19 May

<iframe frameborder="0" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/FSEvcKT9zLw?rel=0" allowfullscreen=""></iframe>

Good morning. We're very pleased to confirm that Sky Arts will be the UK broadcaster for the upcoming Coldplay : Ghost Stories TV special. It will be premiered on Sky Arts 1 HD at 9.30pm on Monday, 19 May (the day that the new album is released). You can watch an extended trailer for the special above.

The TV special will form part of a night of programming on Sky Arts dedicated to Coldplay. The band will also feature in an exclusive interview programme (9pm) which provides insight into the creation of the album and the recording of the show. The night will include Coldplay: Live 2012 from the Mylo Xyloto Tour (7.45pm), How We Saw The World Pt. 1 filmed in Toronto during 2006 (6.30pm) and Coldplay Live in Sydney, from the band’s 2003 year-long world tour (5.30pm).

Filmed by Grammy-nominated director Paul Dugdale (Adele, Rolling Stones), Coldplay: Ghost Stories was recorded in a custom-built amphitheatre in front of an audience of 800 fans. The show blends a unique in-the-round performance from the band with cinematic vignettes and immersive 360-degree projections.

Confirmed broadcasts are as follows (with more to come - including Japan):

US: 18 May, 7pm ET/PT - NBC

Canada: 18 May, 7pm ET/PT - NBC

UK: 19 May, 9.30pm - Sky Arts 1 HD

Italy: 19 May, 8.10pm - Sky Uno / Sly Arte 10pm / Sky Uno (replica) 11pm

Spain: 19 May, 7.15pm - Canal+1

France: 22 May, 11.25pm - France 2 in "Alcaline, le Concert"

Anchorman