✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

NBC DVD SPECIAL TRAILER! (May 18, 2014)

johnpham2014

• Replies 391
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This is going to be so personal I dunno why but him walking on the dock with his guitar and then seemly jumping in the ocean it's like he's showing us everything he's feeling in song .. I dunno it just gave me goosebumps lol

I FEEL YOU

damn that stage set-up looks really awesome! Must have been a blast to be part of this /tries really hard NOT TO BE JELLY

this is crazy good! and to think it still so far away!my hype threshold has reached it seems. I just can't get any more excited for this album and the video special to come.

they should try to reach a larger audience with these trailers and putting on youtube might help with that. probably NBC will start showing these when the dates get closer.

The extended trailer is so moving that I have watched it at least 10 times before coming here. I am so happy for this new era and it is amazing seeing this four guys happy making music and being friends, enjoying the moment with the audience. I couldn't be prouder to be a Coldplay fan. Thank you forever and ever C, J, G & W. We love you.

The trailer is even more amazing with these 2 hot babes and some random guy. I'll be happy to send autographs. ynuvumev.jpg

It was honestly the best, most surreal concert experience Kelly and I have ever had. You guys are all going to be blown away.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Woah! Could this album be about suicide? :/. Or am i overthinking?

I don't think it's about suicide but I think it might be their darkest record. IMO, the album will reflect past feelings and relationships as-well. I have a feeling that this album will be like their first one but with a twist maybe :/

I don't think it's about suicide but I think it might be their darkest record. IMO, the album will reflect past feelings and relationships as-well. I have a feeling that this album will be like their first one but with a twist maybe :/

Yea it sure is dark. I interpreted the clips of Chris, who I assume is portraying the protagonist of Ghost Stories, taking a taxi in the middle of the night to jump off a dock as committing suicide. Maybe the album builds up to that point? I mean it doesn't seem impossible after listening to Oceans. But then ASFOS is supposed to be uplifting so I don't know what to make of that. Maybe listening to O will clear out things.

Maybe I should shut up and wait for the album :P

The trailer is even more amazing with these 2 hot babes and some random guy. I'll be happy to send autographs.

I thought I had recognized you from your avatar/sig but I wasn't sure! :lol:

I've kept rewatching the trailer and I just get more excited each time!

I can (not really) wait less than a month :bomb:

The trailer is even more amazing with these 2 hot babes and some random guy. I'll be happy to send autographs. ynuvumev.jpg

It was honestly the best, most surreal concert experience Kelly and I have ever had. You guys are all going to be blown away.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I can't even watch the damn thing...It keeps crashing at 28 seconds .But I see my pale mug next to Dianne!!....

....and that random guy was totally stoked but I had to school him on how to make sure we made it into the vid...

He had his arms folded and I let him know he better show some enthusiasm or we'd never be immortalized in a Coldplay TV special...

it worked and it definitely helped him have more fun loosening up.

I can't wait for CPers going to the LA and NY shows to be blown away!!!!

This is incredible! The 40 second trailer had me excited, but this one just gives me goosebumps. I can't wait for this! I'm so glad that everyone is pumped for Ghost Stories. It just keeps getting better by the day! It's such an exciting time to be a Coldplay fan!!! :D

Sent from my EVO using Tapatalk

It just keeps getting better by the day! It's such an exciting time to be a Coldplay fan!!! :D

I was just thinking this exact same thing today and kept trying to figure out how to say it in spanish but couldn't... Anyway, i joined this forum during the X&Y era and i've since come to the conclusion that these build-ups leading to the album being released are my favorite part of the different eras, everything is so new and exciting and i feel that they dropped the ball with the whole period leading un to MX but they really got it right this time, the reveals have been well timed and they haven't given too much away yet :)

I was just thinking this exact same thing today and kept trying to figure out how to say it in spanish but couldn't... Anyway, i joined this forum during the X&Y era and i've since come to the conclusion that these build-ups leading to the album being released are my favorite part of the different eras, everything is so new and exciting and i feel that they dropped the ball with the whole period leading un to MX but they really got it right this time, the reveals have been well timed and they haven't given too much away yet :)

Exactly!! Don't get me wrong, I was excited for MX, but your right. This build up is a million times better! It just feels right and it is doing a great job of getting people excited! Coldplay definitely know how to get their fans excited!

Sent from my EVO using Tapatalk

They've basically stepped up everything in this era-- a tasteful wardrobe, simplistic yet elegant stage setup, phenomenally mysterious and exciting hype machine, and finish it all off with some of the best sounding new music in years!

^

I think that this is what makes the start of this era so exciting and so much better than the MX one, these songs are amazing, they've thrilled us with something completely out of the blue like Midnight and they've comforted us with something that harks back to the Coldplay we all fell in love with (Oceans), the first song that we heard out of MX was ETIAW which is a fine song but not quite what i was expecting, when they started playing the summer festivals and we heard all of the other new songs i was like 'well, this is more like it' but then i realised that we had heard like half of the album or more and, by the time the record leaked, i was a little bit weary of the whole MX era, i was really excited but it was a different kind of excitement than when VLVODAAHF came out, for example, my first reaction was 'about time, let's listen to this thing already' but now i'm really REALLY looking forward to the NBC special, ASFOS which i think will be amazing even though i don't want to get my hopes extremely up and finally, after all this extremely well orchestrated build up, the release of the record.

I agree.

By the time we got the MX album we had already known most of the songs for almost 4 months and for me the excitement had already died.

But now, even if they have played some of the songs, we will have the album in less than a month which still feels really exciting.