✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

Criticisms with the album?

Don't mean to be rude but its way too early to be discussing criticisms with the album or posting reviews of it. And I mean about three weeks early! It doesn't matter how many times you listen to it in one day, time needs to pass to really get a sense of how you feel about it.

I see a lot more depth in Viva then X&Y or even Parachutes. Viva, for me, is an amazing journey from beginning to end. And Coldplay is at the top of their game too. Chris wrote great lyrics for every song, every band member was busy. My favorite album by far by coldplay.

My thoughts exactly. They were at their most creative with VLV.

• Replies 545
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My thoughts too - Viva is Coldplay on their best form, creatively speaking. Also don't forget there was Prospekt's March EP plus some unreleased songs, and every songs was very different from their previous music. A real reset if you like. However, Ghost Stories to me is an emotional reset. Hard to take sometimes, especially when you're going through hard times like I am for example, but it is a fine fine album.

VLV and AROBTTH are top for me, then Ghost Stories, Parachutes, Mylo Xyloto and X&Y.

I feel strongly about this - Viva La Vida is the best Coldplay album they have ever done. In so many ways.

It comes down to personal taste, but I do find some of songs on VLV extremely repetitive (42, Chinese Sleep Chant and the chord scheme of DAAHF.)

It comes down to personal taste, but I do find some of songs on VLV extremely repetitive (42, Chinese Sleep Chant and the chord scheme of DAAHF.)

Interesting how there can be such diverse opinions on one album.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

Fuck it. I love this album. It's got tons of imperfections but it takes me somewhere. And that's what I appreciate most about it.

That's awesome to hear-- in the end, imperfection is what makes music unique, right?

Ok, to me, there are only two bad things about GS:

1 - Too short

2 - It should have more piano and more Jonny

I see there are many people here complaining about bad lyrics, but let's be honest, shall we? Apart from a few gems, Coldplay have never been known for writing brilliant lyrics. In fact, in my humble opinion, this album is just as lyrically weak as any other Coldplay album.

That's awesome to hear-- in the end, imperfection is what makes music unique, right?

Can I moderate it a bit? :) I'd say it's what makes people unique. While I still don't like and justify some of the stuff they did (ASFoS taking the top spot, need I mention?), I love the human feel beyond all the electronic in this music. So they may not be perfect at what they did here in spheres of production and quality, but they created an atmosphere. And that is definitely praiseworthy.

I still feel this album is just really one dimensional, it just sends the same message over and over again, I'm going to compare it to MX. MX told a story and every song had a different meaning. With GS it's all "I love this girl and want her back" for 40 minutes straight.

I love the album. I only think they shouldn't have shown so many songs, listening to the album yesterday wasn't exactly a surprise :P

I love Jonny's guitar solo in True love. Ink is different but I won't say I don't like it, when I saw the lyrics I had a totally different idea about the song (a bad one) and then came out awesome.

Apart from MX here you can feel old coldplay vibes, which, in my opinion, is great.

8.5/10

Guest kmm1482

Are people SERIOUSLY putting Parachutes near the bottom of their lists?? What is wrong with you people??

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Guest howyousawtheworld
I still feel this album is just really one dimensional, it just sends the same message over and over again, I'm going to compare it to MX. MX told a story and every song had a different meaning. With GS it's all "I love this girl and want her back" for 40 minutes straight.

I really did not get that from Mylo Xyloto. At least in Ghost Stories Chris does what he does best, conveying his own emotions. Him trying to convey the emotions of two made up on the spot cartoon characters was shallow. He may as well have been screaming for 45 minutes on MX, such was the emptiness and soullessness of it all.

Not really. The first couple songs are about falling in love, the next couple are about heartbreak and the last two is about being happy again. Definately the same theme but each song has a different meaning.

I really did not get that from Mylo Xyloto. At least in Ghost Stories Chris does what he does best, conveying his own emotions. Him trying to convey the emotions of two made up on the spot cartoon characters was shallow. He may as well have been screaming for 45 minutes on MX, such was the emptiness and soullessness of it all.

Its Martin back to being vulnerable and open just like on Parachutes and AROBTTH. That's what made their music so endearing in the first place. The whole jumping around like a lunatic wearing neon clothes in a stadium full of light up wrist bands just didn't do it for me.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

Are people SERIOUSLY putting Parachutes near the bottom of their lists?? What is wrong with you people??

They have developed their abilities to have opinions. Sorry. I for one like Parachutes and would rank it high, but don't mind/care if others don't.

They have developed their abilities to have opinions. Sorry. I for one like it, but don't mind/care if others don't.

Exactly what he said. Parachutes is at the bottom of MY LIST. Doesn't stop it from being a great album, but it's...less good...compared to their other work. In MY opinion. So don't be butthurt when other people have developed their own opinions! Everyone has the right to.

Guest kmm1482
Exactly what he said. Parachutes is at the bottom of MY LIST. Doesn't stop it from being a great album, but it's...less good...compared to their other work. In MY opinion. So don't be butthurt when other people have developed their own opinions! Everyone has the right to.

Butthurt. Classy. I have also "developed" my opinion that Parachutes is a better album than the last 3 (possibly 4) albums.

Butthurt. Classy. I have also "developed" my opinion that Parachutes is a better album than the last 3 (possibly 4) albums.

About as classy as saying "what is wrong with you people?" when you find out they don't rank Parachutes as high as you? We let you have that opinion, so why not let everyone else voice theirs without being questioned?

Guest kmm1482

Aren't you questioning my opinion as well? Kind of hypocritical

Aren't you questioning my opinion as well? Kind of hypocritical

Did I say "What is wrong with you, kmm1482?" like you did?

Refer to post 201

What I do remember conveying is that everyone is free to their opinions whether they conflict with yours or not.

We let you have that opinion, so why not let everyone else voice theirs without being questioned?

Refer to post 208

Guest kmm1482
Did I say "What is wrong with you, kmm1482?" like you did?

Refer to post 201

What I do remember typing is everyone is free to their opinions whether they conflict with yours or not.

You did not, but you are attacking me for my opinion.